• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Superbowl narrative are you rooting for?

Which Superbowl narrative are you rooting for?

• Panthers blow out the Broncos

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Peyton wins it for the Broncos

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • Cam out duels Peyton in a close game

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Broncos defense carry the team to victory

Votes: 12 18.5%

• Total voters

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up in rural Tennessee made me loathe Peyton Manning. I am a Gator fan and he never beat the Gators but all my friends fawned over him. Understandably so he was a monster and is one of the greatest signal callers to ever lace them up. However I cant stomach a Denver win because they will gush how Peyton led them to another SB. He didnt even lead the Colts as it was the defense that gave him his only ring as it is so I cant take that again. Give me Carolina...but only because I dont want to live through that nonsense again.

I respect the hell out of Peyton for his career but I cant take the Tennessee fan boys from my childhood coming out of hibernation to prop him up again.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly highly doubt he would get the chance with the Broncos. I think it is about a foregone conclusion no matter how this game turns out that he is done as a Denver Bronco.
If Peyton is with the Broncos in any capacity next year, where do you think Kubiak went?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No rooting interest either way as I'm tugged in both directions...long time Manning fan and at the same time I want to see a local ATL kid do well.

CAR may end up winning by 6 to 10, but I expect a fairly close game for a long time...at least 3Qs...I'm not confident that DEN's OFC can wear down CAR enough via the run, whereas I do think CAR will find a way to extend drives and eventually wear down the DEN D.

Idk if Cam outdueling Manning will be the headline...more like two heavy weight Ds dueling.

We shall see.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And its also not like Montana never had great running games and defenses to lean on. He and Brady were/are game managing type QBs much closer to who Wilson is (and was in 13) than Dilfer.

My comment was about who Wilson WAS rather than who Wilson IS. He has taken leaps and bounds since that 2nd season to now. But during that SB run, the team was most certainly not asking too much from him and were instead relying on their defense and run game to carry them.

2000 Dilfer playoff run - 148 yards per game .75 TD per
2013 Wilson playoff run - 176 yards per game 1 TD per

When you adjust for "inflation" from one era to the next due to the passing change rules, they had almost identical lines during their runs to the SB champs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up in rural Tennessee made me loathe Peyton Manning. I am a Gator fan and he never beat the Gators but all my friends fawned over him. Understandably so he was a monster and is one of the greatest signal callers to ever lace them up. However I cant stomach a Denver win because they will gush how Peyton led them to another SB. He didnt even lead the Colts as it was the defense that gave him his only ring as it is so I cant take that again. Give me Carolina...but only because I dont want to live through that nonsense again.

I respect the hell out of Peyton for his career but I cant take the Tennessee fan boys from my childhood coming out of hibernation to prop him up again.

TN in general has had trouble with the Gators, but T Martin delivered where Manning could not, but if Manning ran for public office, he'd win in a landslide.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was about who Wilson WAS rather than who Wilson IS. He has taken leaps and bounds since that 2nd season to now. But during that SB run, the team was most certainly not asking too much from him and were instead relying on their defense and run game to carry them.

2000 Dilfer playoff run - 148 yards per game .75 TD per
2013 Wilson playoff run - 176 yards per game 1 TD per

When you adjust for "inflation" from one era to the next due to the passing change rules, they had almost identical lines during their runs to the SB champs.

Wilson was not the liability that Dilfer was. Not even close.

They were leaning on the run game and defense. But unlike Dilfers ravens, they weren't bailing him out every week. If the Seahawks won that SB with 2013 Mike Glennon, then there would be a parallel there to dilfer, but not when you're talking about the 7th rated passer, who also happens to be one of the best and most efficient runners the league has seen at QB.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TN in general has had trouble with the Gators, but T Martin delivered where Manning could not, but if Manning ran for public office, he'd win in a landslide.
Yes he would. I know someone that named their daughter after him and my sister named her son after him...

Tennessee was incredibly fortunate in 1998. From Florida missing a chip shot in OT to Clint Stoerner's boneheaded fumble giving the game away. It makes me sick to this day lol

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option E: Fuck the Panthers. Go Broncos!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My own narrative:

Hope the Panthers cover the spread, and both teams reach the over.

* also would be great if 1 or 2 of my pool squares hits paydirt at the bar I go to.
How much money do you have on this game?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was not the liability that Dilfer was. Not even close.

They were leaning on the run game and defense. But unlike Dilfers ravens, they weren't bailing him out every week. If the Seahawks won that SB with 2013 Mike Glennon, then there would be a parallel there to dilfer, but not when you're talking about the 7th rated passer, who also happens to be one of the best and most efficient runners the league has seen at QB.

In 2000
The Baltimore offense was ranked:
22nd in passing yards
14th in total points
16th in total offensive yards

In 2013
The Seattle offense was ranked:
26th in passing yards
9th in total points
17th in total offensive yards

They were extremely similar teams. And their QB's performed similar to each other. The only difference was that one was a vet who would soon bounce out the league and the other one was a young kid that was eventually going to become a superstar. Doesn't change the fact that the years they won the SB that the QB's performed very similar to one another where they weren't asked to do too much and the teams were carried by their running games and defense.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Manning get the job done but I'm expecting the Broncs to get rolled.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2000
The Baltimore offense was ranked:
22nd in passing yards
14th in total points
16th in total offensive yards

In 2013
The Seattle offense was ranked:
26th in passing yards
9th in total points
17th in total offensive yards

They were extremely similar teams. And their QB's performed similar to each other. The only difference was that one was a vet who would soon bounce out the league and the other one was a young kid that was eventually going to become a superstar. Doesn't change the fact that the years they won the SB that the QB's performed very similar to one another where they weren't asked to do too much and the teams were carried by their running games and defense.

Dude, Dilfer had 20 turnovers in 8 starts that year.

Don't gloss over effeciency. It's far more telling than pure yards.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Dilfer had 20 turnovers in 8 starts that year.

Don't gloss over effeciency. It's far more telling than pure yards.

20's too many from the stats I see.

It was a different time as well. Seattle finished 6th in the league in TO% in 2013. Baltimore finished 10th in 2000. Teams turn the ball over a ton less than they used to.

Again: When you adjust for the differences in the eras, these two teams were virtually identical to one another.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*20's too many from the stats I see.

It was a different time as well. Seattle finished 6th in the league in TO% in 2013. Baltimore finished 10th in 2000. Teams turn the ball over a ton less than they used to.

*fumbles and ints.

Banks played half the year too. And had 7 less turnovers than Dilfer.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20's too many from the stats I see.

Again: When you adjust for the differences in the eras, these two teams were virtually identical to one another.

But the QBs were not. Dilfer was the 16th rated passer, Wilson the 7th. And that doesn't even factor the impact that he brought on the ground, where Dilfer brought none at all.