• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which 2-0 teams are contenders ?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs and Broncos are going to pretty dependent on health assuming the QB's regress to something more reasonable.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games is a great start, but I'm not sure how much I trust any of these teams yet. Didn't we saw MIN go 5-0 not make the playoffs LY?

But, to play along...I've seen parts of both of their games and CAR does not look like a playoff team right now. Of course DET is always a bit shaky bringing it home...I like the HC and they always play good DEF, but I wonder will the injuries catch up with BAL?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs and Broncos are going to pretty dependent on health assuming the QB's regress to something more reasonable.
QB play is probably the elephant in the room for both of them. Its hard to imagine Smith and Scrubs make it through the whole season looking like top tier QBs

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is 24-4 in their last 28 games . Of all the 2-0 teams I am least concerned about them not being a contender and that invludes my Falcons

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB play is probably the elephant in the room for both of them. Its hard to imagine Smith and Scrubs make it through the whole season looking like top tier QBs

I think the big question for the AFC West is of the 3 2-0 teams who is the one most likely to miss the playoffs?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big question for the AFC West is of the 3 2-0 teams who is the one most likely to miss the playoffs?

'Member the 2014 playoffs? AFC West might be just as beast again.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Member the 2014 playoffs? AFC West might be just as beast again.

I wouldn't mind all 3 making the playoffs as obviously that means the Broncos have made it. I just wonder though if there is one of these teams that has less staying power than the others.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind all 3 making the playoffs as obviously that means the Broncos have made it. I just wonder though if there is one of these teams that has less staying power than the others.

:noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are a big thing with the Chiefs. They are about one injury in their OL or secondary from hitting a breaking point. I think even if that happens they have a decent shot at the playoffs.

The Broncos just need to keep doing what they've been doing. Not sure how far their pass attack gets on the road. They have enough easy games moving forward that Id be a little shocked if they didnt make it.

Carr has struggled against the Chiefs and Broncos in his career overall and their defense is like the old Colts defenses where they can attack in spots but they have an element of swiss cheese, too. Probably the main thing with them is keeping Lynch and Crabtree playing at a high level which may or may not be sustainable.

If I had to pick, Id say the Chiefs are most likely to win the division and most likely to miss the playoffs.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another hi jacked thread but I say it is to early to tell and wait until the teams are 6 - 0

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are a big thing with the Chiefs. They are about one injury in their OL or secondary from hitting a breaking point. I think even if that happens they have a decent shot at the playoffs.

The Broncos just need to keep doing what they've been doing. Not sure how far their pass attack gets on the road. They have enough easy games moving forward that Id be a little shocked if they didnt make it.

Carr has struggled against the Chiefs and Broncos in his career overall and their defense is like the old Colts defenses where they can attack in spots but they have an element of swiss cheese, too. Probably the main thing with them is keeping Lynch and Crabtree playing at a high level which may or may not be sustainable.

If I had to pick, Id say the Chiefs are most likely to win the division and most likely to miss the playoffs.

I have the Raiders as the most likely to miss the playoffs right now. That defense to me will get exposed the further we get into this season and when they start playing divisional opponents. I think the Chiefs and Broncos will be able to run on them and control the clock keeping that explosive offense on the sideline. I'm also not a big believer in Marshawn Lynch holding up for an entire season with how physical he plays.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here would be my list

Steelers--Contenders
Ravens--Pretenders--I like the defense but just don't trust that offense to do much.
Broncos--Contender
Chiefs--Contenders
Raiders--Contenders
Lions--Pretenders
Falcons--Contenders
Panthers--Pretenders

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Raiders as the most likely to miss the playoffs right now. That defense to me will get exposed the further we get into this season and when they start playing divisional opponents. I think the Chiefs and Broncos will be able to run on them and control the clock keeping that explosive offense on the sideline. I'm also not a big believer in Marshawn Lynch holding up for an entire season with how physical he plays.
Oakland's offense has a lot of trends you look for in a contender, though. Young franchise QB that seemingly improves every year. A legit Oline. A gadget athlete in Patterson. A couple of receivers that know how to play. Veteran Running back looking to go out on top.

I can see the argument for them most likely to miss the playoffs and defense wins championships but offense wins games and they'll get easy offense in most games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland's offense has a lot of trends you look for in a contender, though. Young franchise QB that seemingly improves every year. A legit Oline. A gadget athlete in Patterson. A couple of receivers that know how to play. Veteran Running back looking to go out on top.

I can see the argument for them most likely to miss the playoffs and defense wins championships but offense wins games and they'll get easy offense in most games.

True. They do have the set up to win in the regular season. I also think they have the set up to get bounced early in the playoffs though. I don't know just something about them that I just feel like they will get a key injury and they will be exposed for not having much depth. I don't like their backups one bit and we all know in the NFL it is not a matter of if but when. I like the depth of the Broncos and Chiefs much more.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. They do have the set up to win in the regular season. I also think they have the set up to get bounced early in the playoffs though. I don't know just something about them that I just feel like they will get a key injury and they will be exposed for not having much depth. I don't like their backups one bit and we all know in the NFL it is not a matter of if but when. I like the depth of the Broncos and Chiefs much more.
I feel like maybe another issue they could possibly have is drops. Cooper and Jared Cook have both had issues with that in their career and Patterson is more of an athlete than a guy with a true position.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like maybe another issue they could possibly have is drops. Cooper and Jared Cook have both had issues with that in their career and Patterson is more of an athlete than a guy with a true position.

Very good point. I just think when they get against some better competition they could be in for a world of hurt. Broncos have the players to stick with their stars and have shown a much improved run defense. Carr has shown when he does get put under pressure he is not the best QB and both the Broncos and Chiefs have pass rushers galore to do just that. Heck they have done it against some of the top tier OL guys like Peters, Smith, Johnson, and Collins.

And like I said I think the run games of both the Broncos and Chiefs will be a very bad match up for the Raiders. They can control the clock and keep that offense on the sideline. Beyond that game the Ravens, Dolphins, Patriots, and Cowboys to me look like bad matchups for them. I've said before the season started that I just don't trust this Raiders team like so many others do.