• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers and Mahomes?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes found out at halftime his brother owed a murderous amount of money to a bookie. He threw the game in the 2nd half in order to save him.
To everyone’s displeasure.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early … Mahomes has lots of football ahead of him, he’ll only be 27 going into next year .. He faced a dominant Bucks defensive front with a crappy O-line last year in the Title game, Bengals also stepped up BIG time on defense in yesterdays game … He did make some mistakes yesterday that were on him, but it’s still too early to say he’s gonna flop in big games from here on out, time will tell…

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to tell but IMO if Rodgers wants to win another Super Bowl, he should stay in Green Bay even though at this point I think GB is done with Rodgers. I don't see the Packers trading him to a NFC team. The Buccaneers attempted to trade for Favre back then and the Packers said no so the dealt him to the Jets. If Rodgers goes to an AFC team, he will have to go through Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson and the jury is still out on Watson, Mayfield. I don't think he wants that. All this talk of him going to Denver but they finished last in the division, and does he really want to face Mahomes and Herbert four times a year and even the Raiders made the post season.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early … Mahomes has lots of football ahead of him, he’ll only be 27 going into next year .. He faced a dominant Bucks defensive front with a crappy O-line last year in the Title game, Bengals also stepped up BIG time on defense in yesterdays game … He did make some mistakes yesterday that were on him, but it’s still too early to say he’s gonna flop in big games from here on out, time will tell…

Agreed. If they get to the post season during the 2022 season and he stinks it up, then I would be a little concerned. I mean its one thing to throw a game ending interception on a play that the safety or whomever beat you. That interception to Hill was forced into double coverage and before that Mahomes was running around everywhere instead of just throwing the ball away.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers and Peyton imo do not. Great reg season QB,s first ballet HOfer's, but

I think this is pretty good comparison for Rodgers. Rodgers has been a starter in GB about as long as P. Manning was in Indy. Rodgers1 more season as starter.. but Rodgers had 2 seasons cut short due to injury and playing half season and no post season.

Both great QBs... lot of regular season hardware (MVPs, All Pro selections), but resume a bit light on post season hardware vs expectations. Manning did win 2nd Super Bowl, but that was the Broncos defense that won that Super Bowl... Manning had QBR of 8 and passer rating of 56.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in his career, Rodgers was a Superbowl Champion only to regress to always losing the big game.

Is Mahomes following in his footsteps?
Brilliant career to start and win his first Superbowl.
He has now gone from SB win to SB loss, to missing the Superbowl.
Is Patrick doomed to languish in the land of "almost?"
Both were in the discussion for GOAT early in their careers.
Patrick is still brilliant and has years before we find out but just because he is a likeable guy doesn't mean he will do better than Rodgers.
It is hard to win Superbowls. Let's hope Patrick snaps out of this pattern.
Even Brady went years after his 1st 3 SB wins before getting the next 4!
I hope he doesn't snap out of it. I can't stand the bitch.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is pretty good comparison for Rodgers. Rodgers has been a starter in GB about as long as P. Manning was in Indy. Rodgers1 more season as starter.. but Rodgers had 2 seasons cut short due to injury and playing half season and no post season.

Both great QBs... lot of regular season hardware (MVPs, All Pro selections), but resume a bit light on post season hardware vs expectations. Manning did win 2nd Super Bowl, but that was the Broncos defense that won that Super Bowl... Manning had QBR of 8 and passer rating of 56.
Yeah that was prob the worst SB performance I have ever seen of a QB, maybe even any playoff. Von Miller did all the scoring on D and I think he set a record of like 14 consecutive 3 and out in a row. On his way to his first SB win, he threw 3 tds/7int in the playoffs. He was so great 2 years before setting TD and yard records, but then folded to Seattle in the SB. The first snap, when he changed the cadence, moved and the center snapped it into the endzone for a safety, was a foreshadowing of the game to come, OMAHA OMAHA. His neck surgeries took their toll his last season. I remember watching him play KC and he threw like 4 picks in his first 5 throws or something like that

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iirc, the Colts defense was a huge part of Peyton's other ring, too. Bob Sanders flipped the entire script on that Colts team. Iirc, the Chiefs had them the first game and ty law picked off Peyton, got to like the 1, and the Chiefs offense couldn't punch it in. That Colts d was great iirc

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was prob the worst SB performance I have ever seen of a QB, maybe even any playoff. Von Miller did all the scoring on D and I think he set a record of like 14 consecutive 3 and out in a row. On his way to his first SB win, he threw 3 tds/7int in the playoffs. He was so great 2 years before setting TD and yard records, but then folded to Seattle in the SB. The first snap, when he changed the cadence, moved and the center snapped it into the endzone for a safety, was a foreshadowing of the game to come, OMAHA OMAHA. His neck surgeries took their toll his last season. I remember watching him play KC and he threw like 4 picks in his first 5 throws or something like that
It's hard to win a Superbowl when you heave it downfield for 3 yards!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peyton, as great as he was, never really played a good SB game in all 4 appearances. At least Rodgers was excellent in his one. After that, he just always had problems in CGs. Sometimes him, sometimes other issues with the team.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iirc, the Colts defense was a huge part of Peyton's other ring, too. Bob Sanders flipped the entire script on that Colts team. Iirc, the Chiefs had them the first game and ty law picked off Peyton, got to like the 1, and the Chiefs offense couldn't punch it in. That Colts d was great iirc
Exactly. And even in the SB, granted vs. a really good Bears defense amd in shitty weather, Peyton struggled. The loss to the Saints, he wasn't very good and threw the late pick that sealed the game. The loss to Seattle, the whole team didn't show up and Peyton put up some stats when the game was virtually over. And of course 2015 when Von Miller and the defense dismantled Cam amd the Panthers.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the Reche Caldwell cant catch game, right?

This Reche Caldwell?

I'm thinking if he catches that the Pats make it to the SB where they would've crushed the Bears. The AFC was the better conference that year and whoever got in was going to win the SB.

Nat Mann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what Mahomes could do shocked just about everyone. His first year as a starter nobody had any sort of plan around him. It has now been 4 years, and defenses have had time to watch film and build proper game plans. Now he has plummeted from on pace to be the GOAT to...real damn good and still a top 5 in the league. I would say what we have seen this year is closer to what he is more than his rookie year. What he is is a perennial MVP candidate who will win more SuperBowls.
This is a common phenomenon. Mahomes seems to be adjusting well.

I know people want to be upset he "only" has the one SB win, but 4 years and 4 conference championships with 2 SB appearances tells me he will win more SB's. 8-3 is a playoff record almost any QB can only dream of having.
This just goes to show how ridiculous the standards armchair quarterbacks maintain are. It's not easy winning the conference championship, much less the Super Bowl. Every team that gets that far is hard to beat, as the last two weeks have proven. Getting there 4 for 4, going to 2 SBs and winning one is a damn fine record. Most teams would be thrilled to have it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say its interesting that the Chiefs got air-happy and lost in two straight playoff games after Andy Reid outcoached the Bills. I do think there is this mentality of 'we can do whatever we want against that great Bills defense so it means we can do it at all times against all defenses' without recognizing that the Bills have their heads up their asses, too.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Reche Caldwell?

I'm thinking if he catches that the Pats make it to the SB where they would've crushed the Bears. The AFC was the better conference that year and whoever got in was going to win the SB.
Yeah, pretty much. The Bears got there with Rex fucking Grossman.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just goes to show how ridiculous the standards armchair quarterbacks maintain are. It's not easy winning the conference championship, much less the Super Bowl. Every team that gets that far is hard to beat, as the last two weeks have proven. Getting there 4 for 4, going to 2 SBs and winning one is a damn fine record. Most teams would be thrilled to have it.
Brady broke the curve by removing parity from the parity era. I think the narrative will change here in the next couple of years. I do think we're in a parity era.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say its interesting that the Chiefs got air-happy and lost in two straight playoff games after Andy Reid outcoached the Bills. I do think there is this mentality of 'we can do whatever we want against that great Bills defense so it means we can do it at all times against all defenses' without recognizing that the Bills have their heads up their asses, too.
Sometimes I think Andy goes full on Mike Martz in his head.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At half time before going into the locker room -after the ridiculous play in which they did not go for FG (that probably would have been enough to win in regulation)- in quick interview Andy said he was not worried at all and that he was sure his team had the game in the bag.

That comment was very arrogant and really bit him him in the arse.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At half time before going into the locker room -after the ridiculous play in which they did not go for FG (that probably would have been enough to win in regulation)- in quick interview Andy said he was not worried at all and that he was sure his team had the game in the bag.

That comment was very arrogant and really bit him him in the arse.
They're NFL coaches. Every single one of them is probably arrogant to a certain degree. They know way more about football than we do. They aren't politicians. The Chiefs did run the ball a lot but they always did it to set up the pass. They could have just kept running it. Also, Mahomes could've made more plays.

As a Chiefs player, though, they're used to seeing Mahomes make that long bomb he had in OT. It bounced around into an INT. Bad bounces happen.

The reality is that the Bengals have the more balanced team, though. Joe Burrow made one of the best plays in the playoffs. Their dlinemen had the biggest play of the game. Their goalline defense held up on the other biggest plays of the game. Bengals won it and they get the credit.

I still think the Chiefs are in good shape for next year but these losses need to sink in a little bit. They had no shot at winning the SB against Tampa Bay. They had a really, really good shot at winning this one, though.