• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers and Mahomes?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like over a long period of time or this past season where they really struggled in the 2nd half?
The Patriots lost to Colts after a big lead in 2006 AFCCG. Patriots were up 17-7 after 3 quarters. Gave up 20 unanswered in 4th quarter.
38-34 Colts

Last edited:
North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point does Mahomes contract make it more difficult to keep all the weapons around him? His cap numbers in 2022 and beyond look much larger than past couple of years.

He has Kelce and Hill both who I think right now will also be in HOF with how careers going (Kelce 3 time 1st team and 3 time 2nd team All Pro / Hill 3 time 1st team All Pro). Both of them are big time game changers... when they slow down think will impact Mahomes as well.

Mahomes still has a long way to go and big window to get back to Super Bowl. However... working against him are several factors:
  • His salary cap hits in future years much bigger than past few years
  • Kelce and Hill getting older
  • the young guns coming up in AFC (Allen, Burrow, Herbert)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots lost to Colts after a big lead in 2006 AFCCG. Patriots were up 17-7 after 3 quarters. Gave up 20 unanswered in 4th quarter.
27-17 Colts
That was the Reche Caldwell cant catch game, right?

Patriots had to reshape the image of their team a few times. If Mahomes is in the league for another 10-15 years then that will also be the case. That Eli Manning Giants team shut out Favre and Brady. Favre in general is more of the Mahomes cautionary tale. Guy had quite a few games in the playoffs IIRC where he just tried to wing it against defenses that were ready.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point does Mahomes contract make it more difficult to keep all the weapons around him? His cap numbers in 2022 and beyond look much larger than past couple of years.

He has Kelce and Hill both who I think right now will also be in HOF with how careers going (Kelce 3 time 1st team and 3 time 2nd team All Pro / Hill 3 time 1st team All Pro). Both of them are big time game changers... when they slow down think will impact Mahomes as well.

Mahomes still has a long way to go and big window to get back to Super Bowl. However... working against him are several factors:
The young guns thing is easily the biggest worry. 4 games next year against Burrow, Allen and Herbert. 2 against Carr. 2 against whoever the Broncos pay. They cant keep having these back and forth shootouts every single week.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After next year the amount of dead cap to Mahomes is near nothing. The contract is listed as 10 years, but really it takes him through 2025, and then $0 dead cap means it can be completely reworked with no dead money getting applied to the Chiefs. It is the highest cap hit year to year, but it is not way more than you see for many QB's, and it is way more flexible.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After next year the amount of dead cap to Mahomes is near nothing. The contract is listed as 10 years, but really it takes him through 2025, and then $0 dead cap means it can be completely reworked with no dead money getting applied to the Chiefs. It is the highest cap hit year to year, but it is not way more than you see for many QB's, and it is way more flexible.

1643651093724.png

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in his career, Rodgers was a Superbowl Champion only to regress to always losing the big game.

Is Mahomes following in his footsteps?
Brilliant career to start and win his first Superbowl.
He has now gone from SB win to SB loss, to missing the Superbowl.
Is Patrick doomed to languish in the land of "almost?"
Both were in the discussion for GOAT early in their careers.
Patrick is still brilliant and has years before we find out but just because he is a likeable guy doesn't mean he will do better than Rodgers.
It is hard to win Superbowls. Let's hope Patrick snaps out of this pattern.
Even Brady went years after his 1st 3 SB wins before getting the next 4!

All that this shows is that it is very hard to win a Super Bowl just like you admit. And a Super Bowl is a team accomplishment. These guys are great QB's no matter what.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Chiefs in general have been conditioned to play these advanced metrics shootouts. Every time they play a top QB they start getting too aggressive. They need to play balanced football.

I dont really see any comps between this Chiefs team and the Patriots. Brady inherited a top defense and a SB contender and got better and better through the years. Mahomes inherited a top offense and a garbage defense and a SB contender. Teams have adjusted to the offense.
Brady inherited a 5-13 team not SB contender. Yes they had a great D, but Deion Branch was the guy while KC has Kelce and Hill. He also went to a team with a lot of talent but had a losing record for like 15 straight seasons and the worst overall record of all teams in the 4 major sports and won a SB and playoffs again this season. Sometimes fire , intangibles, and not being as someone said, drunk on themselves with their talent and buying into all the hype and praise. We haven't seen talent like Mahomes , till maybe Allen and Burrows now, but too soon to tell yet. Stay hungry my friend

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense wins championships. This isnt the NBA

If you think Mahomes has had early Brady level defense to back him up then you're blind
except after 1 sb chip you all saying he getting next 2 or 3. now it is brake pumping cuz he lost? it was not kc defense that only got 3 points the entire 2nd half. It was your boy tossing ints like candy and bunch of just ugly throws

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that this shows is that it is very hard to win a Super Bowl just like you admit. And a Super Bowl is a team accomplishment. These guys are great QB's no matter what.
Lot of truth to that, but being clutch in the biggest moments like a Montana, will separate them. Who thought Mahomes would be able to get his team into FG range with only 13 sec left vs Bills? If they kick a fg before half, he makes the throws or bootlegs it in, as we have seen many times, this discussion is moot point. This year if Rodgers is able to make first downs in second half vs SF, he would have been playing in NFCG. Or if he made the throws or ran for it on 3rd down last year vs TB, they would have been in the SB. Mahomes has ice in veins , Rodgers and Peyton imo do not. Great reg season QB,s first ballet HOfer's, but

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except after 1 sb chip you all saying he getting next 2 or 3. now it is brake pumping cuz he lost? it was not kc defense that only got 3 points the entire 2nd half. It was your boy tossing ints like candy and bunch of just ugly throws
I don't remember Clayton or any of the KC faithful stating that they will go to multiples, it was a few posters from other fanbases like SF and Philly

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes had an awful 2nd half. I think thats self-evident.

I just dont think that Mahomes should have to be a Madden custom character in every game just to win. The Chiefs were running the ball well and had a lead. They should have just made the Bengals stop the run. Both of Mahomes last two post season losses were dumb AF from a schematic perspective. Bucs and Bengals were both all in on the pass and all the Chiefs had to do was run.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. It only proves it's hard as hell to get to and win a Super Bowl. Need luck as much as talent most times. Too many good teams and parity to overcome in the long run.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just dont think that Mahomes should have to be a Madden custom character in every game just to win. The Chiefs were running the ball well and had a lead. They should have just made the Bengals stop the run. Both of Mahomes last two post season losses were dumb AF from a schematic perspective. Bucs and Bengals were both all in on the pass and all the Chiefs had to do was run.
I completely agree, I put that on Andy and the OC, the huberus of putting it all on Mahomes when other things were working well is what cost them the game

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it's too soon after your loss to be expecting anything but sour grapes but as someone else said, if Mahomes is in the trading block, you'll have 31 teams interested!