• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What can we do to stop the 49ers?

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously contain Kaep. That's a given. However, they have a great ground game and a decent passing attack.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the key is to play more disciplined than we did in the playoff loss. Walden was caught out of position so much it was painful.

Our issues were more discipline and preparation related than talent related, though improving the talent (Adding Jones, getting Perry back healthy) will certainly help.

ahmangreen34

ahmangreen34
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you both alldaybaby55 and cyorgan. I think our Packers learned from the previous two meetings and we will be ready this time. I think we have improved our defense and I am really excited to see how our offensive line has improved with the addition of the running backs we have picked up. I am so ready to yell GO PACK GO GO PACK GO. SMILE GO PACK GO

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main key will be to set the edge and keep good gap integrity. If Kaep gets to the edge he is gone. Keep him in the pocket and keep pressure on him. Keeping the d off the field with our new running game will help too.

ahmangreen34

ahmangreen34
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main key will be to set the edge and keep good gap integrity. If Kaep gets to the edge he is gone. Keep him in the pocket and keep pressure on him. Keeping the d off the field with our new running game will help too.

Oh, I agree with you totally packfancjh. I think with Datone Jones and the other additions with our rbs and the changes we have made it will be quite different that the last two meetings. I am not making excuses, and I am sure you guys remember and know better than I do, but our season started out with players missing out of that game to begin with. Again, I am not making any excuses everyone has injuries, but we have been so injury prone for the past 3 seasons it is amazing what our Packers players have been able to do and overcome and win without starters. I just hope this year we can change and not be so injury prone. I don't want any other team to have to go through what we have had to go through with so many players out. I am proud our Packers organization was able to develop and get the players that did have to step up and play able to do and did a great job with the little experience they had. SMILE GO PACK GO

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good responses. Our lbs in that game were terrible. That's where I would start. Walden just isn't an NFL player. He has the common sense of a moth.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible is an understatement. I am boggled why Indy gave Walden as much money as they did. He ranked dead last as an OLB. Throw in Zombo and we had two of the worst in the league.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries hurt us. On defense and in the running game. You need both to beat a team as good as SF. We get Perry back, who I believe will be a unstoppable force across from Mathews. And with both Neal and Datone Jones...Yikes...That's some serious speed/power ratio's to help rush. Add Boyd and Daniels, and we add some speedy beef to the equasion. Raji might even see a single team this year, with all this help. Pickett,Jolly, Wilson, and a recovering Worthy in the mix as well. We will have a whole different front 7 basicly, than what SF seen... And get a running game. I think we added two studs at the RB position. and I like all 3 young RBs that we already have (when healthy). That and getting Bulaga, Sherrod back. And a couple rookies to add to the ranks. We should be better up front. Keeping the defense honest against Rodgers. and the play action might not make d-coordinators laugh anymore...? All in all. I think getting our big time injured players back, and adding the talented group of rookies that we did. We did what we needed to do.
And Kaepernick isn't going to be suprising anyone anymore...

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible is an understatement. I am boggled why Indy gave Walden as much money as they did. He ranked dead last as an OLB. Throw in Zombo and we had two of the worst in the league.

I remember seeing the numbers when he signed with Indy and thought "What the fuck? That's a lot of money for a backup..."

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years 16 million. He's not even worth league minimum.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Walden was a reat energy guy off the bench but nothing more than that...

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I didn't Walden got that much. Somebody is going to get fired. He did have heart, give him that, but he got burned by a high school playbook allllllllll night. Kaep is fast but come on.

Do agree with you somewhat eli, but I wasn't ascworried about the offense as I was the D. A lot of mediocrity up in the front 7. I think the d backs showed promise last season though.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree with you totally packfancjh. I think with Datone Jones and the other additions with our rbs and the changes we have made it will be quite different that the last two meetings. I am not making excuses, and I am sure you guys remember and know better than I do, but our season started out with players missing out of that game to begin with. Again, I am not making any excuses everyone has injuries, but we have been so injury prone for the past 3 seasons it is amazing what our Packers players have been able to do and overcome and win without starters. I just hope this year we can change and not be so injury prone. I don't want any other team to have to go through what we have had to go through with so many players out. I am proud our Packers organization was able to develop and get the players that did have to step up and play able to do and did a great job with the little experience they had. SMILE GO PACK GO

We can talk about "setting the edge" all we want. Walden was able to do that coming off the bench. He's just not starter material and Indy will find that out as the season progresses. However, we can't sit around and complain about injuries to this player or not. That shouldn't even factor into the equation unless Rodgers or some indispensable player were to get injured.

Frankly, I DO think it's a schematic thing. Again, we can talking about "setting the edge" all we want. When you have a running QB with an accurate arm, you have to do more than "set the edge." You meet speed with speed. The big question is whether or not we have the SPEED to keep up with Kaep. Obviously we have to stop their pseudo-triple option but my key concerns are within that secondary. We've got to play tighter and more aggressive so that Kaep has to resort to running if he's not sacked. I'm sick and tired of this soft zone crap that Capers has put out there. We lose games because of it, period.

As regards to our running game. I'm really hoping McCarthy learns how to control the clock and uses the running game to do so. Clock control has killed us the last 3 games against the Giants. What do y'all think about that?

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see in that playoff game how many times Walden got sucked inside and let the rb or Kaep trot right on by for a first down? He got man handled out there and couldn't set the edge for shit. Kaep ran for 180+ yards and most of it was to Waldens side. The right scheme helps but the scheme only works if your players execute it properly and Walden can't do that.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I did see that and I'm not arguing that. If a player is getting beat that badly, you pull him out and try something else.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cy - your name seems familiar. Were you a regular on cBS?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add some positivity... Any improvement on the other side of the field could help Clay stay in the play, which is huge. Without Woodson or Collins, he's the only real X factor from the Super Bowl run we have left...8n terms of forced fumbles, ints, and getting to the ball in general. Jones, Perry....could be something big brewing there.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers and Seattles secondary was playing at a different level than anyone last year. They were throwing devistating hits. Scary hits. and it worked. Also got some shutdown skills to go with the K.O. hitting.........We need some of that. davon house with a healthy shoulder brings some good hitting. Between House and hayward really looking to break out IMO. williams and Sheilds also stable contributors. Im happy. But those hits.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attack their DBs all game long. Especially up the middle and Nnamdi Fraudomugha. That's their major weakness this year. Tear it a new one.

Their front 7 is as absolutely good as advertised, but unlike the playoff game, you got Franklin, Lacy, & improved depth at Oline. Attack the edges and see if you can chew up some yds. Running it up middle beyond a few attempts is not suggested.

The key for your D is doing what you can to minimize the run of Kaep and Gore. #1 objective, absolutely. With Crabs gone which accounted for about 50% of their entire pass game, their WR corps are weak sauce. Boldin is not to be ignored. Great hands, but he's slow, so man to man him all game long.