• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Goff

which qb do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why exactly, I guess I'm liking Wentz a little more. He reminds me a little of Ben Rothlesburger. He is a big dude and mobile like Big Ben! He will have to be mobile to have a fighting chance on this offense!

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen any of them play. With that said, I want the more mobile one because behind our line he will be running all day.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are way to down on this trade. I hear you don't have great WRs, but really the QB can make do with mediocre WRs, be it Brady, Bree's , Cam, RW, the list goes on. The OL is a concern, hopefully with more experience and maybe some additions ( after the third round obviously) it can gel. This draft is deep in decent OL so it should be possible. It really comes down to the QB they draft panning out. Yeah scary, but better then counting on the QBs on the Rams roster. Just my :2cents:.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We complain about needing a quarterback, so we trade up to get one, not good enough. We were suppose to swap 1sts and only give up a 3rd in return coming from the 15 spot, we gave up less compensation than the Skins did for RG3 coming from farther back in the draft.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are way to down on this trade. I hear you don't have great WRs, but really the QB can make do with mediocre WRs, be it Brady, Bree's , Cam, RW, the list goes on. The OL is a concern, hopefully with more experience and maybe some additions ( after the third round obviously) it can gel. This draft is deep in decent OL so it should be possible. It really comes down to the QB they draft panning out. Yeah scary, but better then counting on the QBs on the Rams roster. Just my :2cents:.

The oline will be fine we got two rookies will only get better with more experience, and Robinson finally seems to recognize he needs to improve. Robinson has been busting his hump since the season ended, Saffold too has been hit the gym hard too.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up 18 sacks last year with two different starters and some injuries.

Rams also ran the ball than any other team I believe. Look at Foles and Keenum's attempts per game.

Give me whichever QB is more mobile, but I believe that's Wentz. Goff is supposed to be more accurate. :L

Holy hell why didn't they make this trade last year? This FO are the biggest group of suckers/kool-aid drinkers I've ever seen in professional sports.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams also ran the ball than any other team I believe. Look at Foles and Keenum's attempts per game.

Give me whichever QB is more mobile, but I believe that's Wentz. Goff is supposed to be more accurate. :L

Holy hell why didn't they make this trade last year? This FO are the biggest group of suckers/kool-aid drinkers I've ever seen in professional sports.

This trade last year would've cost a lot more.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Appreciate the kind words but who are our WRs that this guy is going to throw to? Not to mention we need drastic improvement from the LT position as far as pass blocking.

We are talking about a guy who dominated D2 Harold. Or a Pac 12 QB that never even beat a top 25 team.

We could have gotten a dam good WR prospect, a Center, and a CB with the 1st round and 2 - 2 round picks we had.

Not to mention, will either one of these over-hyped QBs in a weak QB class even be better than Connor Cook? IMO Cook is/was better than Kirk Cousins coming out. Kirk Cousins just led a team to the playoffs - granted weak division, but... It's not like these top 2 QBs are so good the distance between them and the others is that far. :scratch:

the whole thing is just awful. And these guys do it.. Every other year it seems.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We were in the top 10 in run attempts but around 6th in run attempts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the kind words but who are our WRs that this guy is going to throw to? Not to mention we need drastic improvement from the LT position as far as pass blocking.

We are talking about a guy who dominated D2 Harold. Or a Pac 12 QB that never even beat a top 25 team.

We could have gotten a dam good WR prospect, a Center, and a CB with the 1st round and 2 - 2 round picks we had.

Not to mention, will either one of these over-hyped QBs in a weak QB class even be better than Connor Cook? IMO Cook is/was better than Kirk Cousins coming out. Kirk Cousins just led a team to the playoffs - granted weak division, but... It's not like these top 2 QBs are so good the distance between them and the others is that far. :scratch:

the whole thing is just awful. And these guys do it.. Every other year it seems.
Haven't paid much attention to QBs ( spending my time watching OL and DL) so don't have a opinion on the two in question. However some how or some way the Rams need a franchise QB. Your team is to good to pick top ten, so it's find one that's over looked or trade up. Don't think down the road you have the draft picks to trade up, like this year. Plus this is a draft with tons of depth, so you can find good players down further in the draft. Just kind of feel this year was possibly the only year the Rams could trade up like this.

However I take it you like the chances of some QB being under rated that you could grab, like Cook. Lots of teams with QB needs, so QBs will get drafted sooner then they should, even guys like Cook and Lynch.

I really got to watch Cook play because your like the third draft junky to say he's going to be good, so I'm really curious to actually watch him play.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which ever QB the Rams take, half of the board is going to love it and half are going to hate it.

seems this board is really split on these two QB's. I just don't know what it the world Snead and Fisher saw that got their juices flowing and caused them to make this drastic trade, cause to me, I think both these QB's should sit for at least 2 years before playing.

unfortunately, they won't get that chance because a franchise doesn't give up that much draft stock just to draft a guy and sit him on the bench for 2 years.

the trial by fire the Rams are likely to put this QB through will probably cause him to bust. just my :2cents:

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut tells me Wentz. Something Fisher said to a reporter offhandedly, "You'll like him", indicates Wentz to me because he does come across as extremely likeable.

Also, let's look at the comparisons people are making to Wentz and Goff:

Wentz = Ben Roethlisberger
Goff = Matt Ryan

You don't trade the farm for Matt Ryan.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm supporting whoever it is and will give the kid 3-4 years to develop before judging...unless they completely shit the bed.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't paid much attention to QBs ( spending my time watching OL and DL) so don't have a opinion on the two in question. However some how or some way the Rams need a franchise QB. Your team is to good to pick top ten, so it's find one that's over looked or trade up. Don't think down the road you have the draft picks to trade up, like this year. Plus this is a draft with tons of depth, so you can find good players down further in the draft. Just kind of feel this year was possibly the only year the Rams could trade up like this.

However I take it you like the chances of some QB being under rated that you could grab, like Cook. Lots of teams with QB needs, so QBs will get drafted sooner then they should, even guys like Cook and Lynch.

I really got to watch Cook play because your like the third draft junky to say he's going to be good, so I'm really curious to actually watch him play.

I can tell you it's definitely a down year for offense in this draft. Nothing compared to last year as far as QBs or WRs go. That said, you can save all of those picks and take a guy like Connor Cook in the 2nd round. All 3 QB have ??? But Cook has more experience in big games, played against better defenses, and for some reason isn't getting the hype the other 2 QBs are getting.

Goff hasn't even taken a snap behind center in college. He played from behind a lot at Cal and like I said, the guy never even beat a top 25 team in college. Wentz looks the part. Almost looks like a mobile Phillip Rivers, but the guy hasn't faced any kind of defense and now he's in the NFC West possibly.

Risk vs Reward is how I'm thinking. And this is a big risk. But the main point is that Goff and Wentz are NOT that far ahead of Cook.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a lose, lose gig for what happens at this point. We here on the board are split 8-8 and so are all the media experts on if the Rams will draft Wentz or Goff. If Wentz gets picked, half will say the Rams blew it and same if Goff is drafted. It can also be said that if the Rams stayed at 15 and went with Case or Foles it would have not put a real QB in the future for the team. I was always one that want Mannion to get a shot but as long as they have did it, go with it. Now according to media reports Snead and Fisher (if anything can be believed) they already know who but want to look at both a few more days. I think at this point if they just want one of the QBs and really don't care who, go to Cleveland and ask who they want and recoup a couple of picks and say they got their man anyway. Everyone wins that way as long as the trade up can't be reversed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The stats show Cousins with a small edge in rating and a sizeable edge in completion percentage, but behind in TD/INT:

Cousins: 723-1128 (64.1%), 9131 yards (8.1 y/att), 66 TD, 30 INT, 146.1 rat
Cook: 673-1170 (57.5%), 9194 yards (7.9 y/att), 71 TD, 22 INT, 139.8 rat

That's the glaring thing about Cook; the sub 60% completion percentage. That's tough to project to above-average starter status in the NFL IMO.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a lose, lose gig for what happens at this point. We here on the board are split 8-8 and so are all the media experts on if the Rams will draft Wentz or Goff. If Wentz gets picked, half will say the Rams blew it and same if Goff is drafted. It can also be said that if the Rams stayed at 15 and went with Case or Foles it would have not put a real QB in the future for the team. I was always one that want Mannion to get a shot but as long as they have did it, go with it. Now according to media reports Snead and Fisher (if anything can be believed) they already know who but want to look at both a few more days. I think at this point if they just want one of the QBs and really don't care who, go to Cleveland and ask who they want and recoup a couple of picks and say they got their man anyway. Everyone wins that way as long as the trade up can't be reversed.

Should be a 3rd option on here:

*Keep all the picks we had and use a 2nd rounder on Cook.

I don't want either of these guys for what we gave up. Goff is accurate with not a lot of speed, but doesn't have a lot of experience or success against good teams or defenses. Wentz is mobile, but questionable arm strength and accuracy. And he was playing D2.

Any of you ever ask yourself why he was playing D2 and not at Boise St? Or Michigan? Even Minnesota?