• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome new fans and FN'ers

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot about me.

:whistle:

and me ... :)

but I'll be the first to say, unless the Boys have a miracle or two for defense ... this season will be just like last if not worse ...

just my two cents ...

or was it three ... damn ... [tosses in a nickel]

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think FN'ers are used to being snide with each other and don't think that is trolling. Let a person establish himself as a football talker first then if he/she throws an occasional dart most here will be OK with that. Kevin and Cali are perfect examples. They both throw an occasional jab but they make solid football talk much more. Yes they question the quality of team here in Dallas but the do so without any trolling.

You think throwing a jab or two is being snide??? We're used to regular "fans" of other teams coming to a Cowboys thread and tossing them ... it's the norm when your team is the most hated in football (and man are they all over the "America's Team" thingy) ... we take it in stride and for most of them ... they are gone faster than you can say hello/goodbye ... whoosh there goes another. Being a fan of the Cowboys means you have to take it, especially if you dish it out ... and it was done on occasion ... except with Eli, we always mock him ... ask 50 ... most of us that have waltz over here from FN can and will post good and bad ... I don't know everything, but they're still my team, always have been ... always will be ... despite all the garbage of JJ's doing ...

so dish it ... I'm more than capable of handling it ... as for the others ... they can and will speak for themselves ...

and by the way ... it appears their defense is going to full of holes again this year ... just sayn'

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad to hear it. The one I can think of that came from CBS was worthless and didn't last.

you'll find that 50 is a quality football poster period ... he knows how to jab and take them too, but he's more into facts and knowledge rather than putting someone down ...

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We from the mouse slid right in no problem. The difference though was the Cowboys board didn't have too many regulars. Most Cowboy fans were posting on the general board. Even as we showed up and set up house not to many hooplains came to this board.

Otis has very little problems here until txheat stopped by with what many here took as troll posts. He backed heat, and I think he thought we'd all simply say we'll then if you say he's OK great welcome heat and go ahead and throw snide remarks. We didn't see it that way and he got butthurt and left. Heats next few stop ins were still troll slanted. I don't think anyone ever said Otis isn't welcome although when he came right back to the board his words rightfully were held over him.

Heat D I'd come by later and worded done post that were not all goody goody an out the boys but he left the snide "No meat" and "Not a team" remarks. No one bashed him then.

We're not expecting only "Cowboys are Great" posts but leave the troll shit at the door. At least do so until people know who you are.

you seem to have a very broad definition of "troll slanted" ...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think FN'ers are used to being snide with each other and don't think that is trolling. Let a person establish himself as a football talker first then if he/she throws an occasional dart most here will be OK with that. Kevin and Cali are perfect examples. They both throw an occasional jab but they make solid football talk much more. Yes they question the quality of team here in Dallas but the do so without any trolling.

Excellent guidance Manster. And thank you ;)

This is actually great advice for all team board posting...

Here's my :2cents:

Not knowing the history of a poster can have unintended consequences.

Establishing a track record of 'on topic football posts' is the smartest way to proceed for any poster at first.

This is true not only for the Hoop but for any sports site.

Get to know a board, let them get to know you, then let the occasional ribbing fly. Team boards are for football talk. And each board sets it's own parameters according to their posters.

And with that HTTR and may we beat you Damn Cowboys this year!!!!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Establishing a track record of 'on topic football posts' is the smartest way to proceed for any poster at first.

Get to know a board, let them get to know you, then let the occasional ribbing fly. Team boards are for football talk. And each board sets it's own parameters according to their posters.

Other Mods aren't allowed on our board. get out!
:becky:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TROLL:suds:

OH damn. I just called a mod a troll. I'm banned. SO SO sorry for that:whistle: