• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome new fans and FN'ers

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 50 is one of the better Giants fans you'll find on-line. I've always respected his posts.

glad to hear it. The one I can think of that came from CBS was worthless and didn't last.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 50 is one of the better Giants fans you'll find on-line. I've always respected his posts.

just haven't seen to many Giant fans on the SportsHoopla
I love debating vs. NFC east rivals, but I only see a couple eagle fans drop in & cant remember seeing a giants fan here. I am sure I am forgetting someone but at the moment cant remember seeing any.
Plenty of skins fans around.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and fuck the Eagles!!! and Giants!!! and Cowboys!!! and Redskins!!!

:suds:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone came from somewhere. I felt welcomed when I came to this site as an "ESPN poster" although I came a little later than most of the group so I'm not sure if there were issues at first or not. I really have no problem with the fan nation crew as a whole. I had a couple issues with individual posts, but not really even the people overall that made them and to be honest I kind of thought most of that was already over and was surprised to see this thread. Honestly, other than Otis and Heat I don't even know who is a FN poster.

We from the mouse slid right in no problem. The difference though was the Cowboys board didn't have too many regulars. Most Cowboy fans were posting on the general board. Even as we showed up and set up house not to many hooplains came to this board.

Otis has very little problems here until txheat stopped by with what many here took as troll posts. He backed heat, and I think he thought we'd all simply say we'll then if you say he's OK great welcome heat and go ahead and throw snide remarks. We didn't see it that way and he got butthurt and left. Heats next few stop ins were still troll slanted. I don't think anyone ever said Otis isn't welcome although when he came right back to the board his words rightfully were held over him.

Heat D I'd come by later and worded done post that were not all goody goody an out the boys but he left the snide "No meat" and "Not a team" remarks. No one bashed him then.

We're not expecting only "Cowboys are Great" posts but leave the troll shit at the door. At least do so until people know who you are.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Giants board is such a mystery to me.

The bottom thread on this page is from July. The bottom thread on the first page of the Giants board is April 2010?. That is 4 years and a SB win of threads still on the first page.

Seems weird to have such a quiet board for a team that was pretty damn relevant.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We from the mouse slid right in no problem. The difference though was the Cowboys board didn't have too many regulars. Most Cowboy fans were posting on the general board. Even as we showed up and set up house not to many hooplains came to this board.

Otis has very little problems here until txheat stopped by with what many here took as troll posts. He backed heat, and I think he thought we'd all simply say we'll then if you say he's OK great welcome heat and go ahead and throw snide remarks. We didn't see it that way and he got butthurt and left. Heats next few stop ins were still troll slanted. I don't think anyone ever said Otis isn't welcome although when he came right back to the board his words rightfully were held over him.

Heat D I'd come by later and worded done post that were not all goody goody an out the boys but he left the snide "No meat" and "Not a team" remarks. No one bashed him then.

We're not expecting only "Cowboys are Great" posts but leave the troll shit at the door. At least do so until people know who you are.

And i think that is the entire issue. new people showed up, in a large number, and the established posters put up their defenses (silly I know, for a forums posters to have better defense than the team they cheer). As all Dallas fans know, even people not in our conference or even division like to take shots at our team and so the first reaction to an outsider was less than ideal.

We are all on the same page now, so I'm not too worried. Not worried about the posters here, still worried about this team.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen

The fact that a bunch of the Disney posters are gone is sad. And while I don't miss many of the posts of FWD, Frye, TonyRomoShow, Round, Skygodz, Goboyz, Erico, Reptec, and others that I cant remember I do miss some of the football insight from them. Good or bad stupid or enlightening most of it infuriating which is why they are banned for just plain trolling. Which brings me to my point Many of us have known each other for over a decade just from the words on the screen we type about our beloved Cowboys.

In that time we have all had changes happen in our lives and have shared that info in 1 form or another along with the thrills and agony of cheering for our Cowboys. I consider all of you part of my extended family that I have not met other than through the words on the pages back at Disney and here.

And like all Family we don't always get along with everybody but you put up with Uncle "Joe" because he is family even though he knows everything about everything. When Fan Nation shut down we had new posters coming to our new home looking for a home. Like any blended Family issues arose and feelings were hurt. We are better than what happened guys I know that in my heart. Things happen but you have to move on and let things go.

I hope that the folks from FN will post on the board with regularity and feel like this is home. Change is the only constant in life. We are all Cowboys fans and need to be banded together.

Welcome to all the FN posters were all football fans in the end and our opinions are just that opinions. Nobody's any better just different thoughts about our Beloved Cowboys.

Cheers Guys

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Redskin fan I'll vouch for Otis. I don't always agree but he's a quality poster for sure. :clap:

Unfortunately, my very good friend Otis has left the building and is not returning.

slapshot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, my very good friend Otis has left the building and is not returning.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully nothing is serious? I've always enjoyed reading Otis' posts and he makes a lot of sense about myriad subjects.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen

The fact that a bunch of the Disney posters are gone is sad. And while I don't miss many of the posts of FWD, Frye, TonyRomoShow, Round, Skygodz, Goboyz, Erico, Reptec, and others that I cant remember I do miss some of the football insight from them. Good or bad stupid or enlightening most of it infuriating which is why they are banned for just plain trolling. Which brings me to my point Many of us have known each other for over a decade just from the words on the screen we type about our beloved Cowboys.

In that time we have all had changes happen in our lives and have shared that info in 1 form or another along with the thrills and agony of cheering for our Cowboys. I consider all of you part of my extended family that I have not met other than through the words on the pages back at Disney and here.

And like all Family we don't always get along with everybody but you put up with Uncle "Joe" because he is family even though he knows everything about everything. When Fan Nation shut down we had new posters coming to our new home looking for a home. Like any blended Family issues arose and feelings were hurt. We are better than what happened guys I know that in my heart. Things happen but you have to move on and let things go.

I hope that the folks from FN will post on the board with regularity and feel like this is home. Change is the only constant in life. We are all Cowboys fans and need to be banded together.

Welcome to all the FN posters were all football fans in the end and our opinions are just that opinions. Nobody's any better just different thoughts about our Beloved Cowboys.

Cheers Guys

Classy post Colors. You remain one of the best representations of a boys fan here AND on the skins board...:suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
body of the posts still matter regardless of where you posted before.

This time last year all redskin fans assumed based on the previous year. I see a whole lotta dallas fans assume this defense being the worst in the league again based on last year.

How do you respond to not enough talent to warrant being ranked? Not having enough players to field 11 on the field? Predictions of 600 plus yards given up on multiple occasions this season and all from watching one preseason football game? I know in past years how that's met on the Dallas board but somehow it's us this time?

Blend....by all means blend, but shock value statements get attention and thick skin is required if you do it here. Crying about it to the mods and starting a thread blasting this board along with announcing who you have on ignore is not a victim. It's pure drama to me and I don't do that well neither.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants board is such a mystery to me.

The bottom thread on this page is from July. The bottom thread on the first page of the Giants board is April 2010?. That is 4 years and a SB win of threads still on the first page.

Seems weird to have such a quiet board for a team that was pretty damn relevant.

Even the NYG banner is old. For example, you guys have Jason Witten and Dez Bryant. The Eagles banner has LeSean McCoy and Nick Foles. The Skins have RGIII and Pierre Garcon. You know, current players.

The Giants board has Phil Simms and Lawrence Taylor :lol:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
body of the posts still matter regardless of where you posted before.

This time last year all redskin fans assumed based on the previous year. I see a whole lotta dallas fans assume this defense being the worst in the league again based on last year.

How do you respond to not enough talent to warrant being ranked? Not having enough players to field 11 on the field? Predictions of 600 plus yards given up on multiple occasions this season and all from watching one preseason football game? I know in past years how that's met on the Dallas board but somehow it's us this time?

Blend....by all means blend, but shock value statements get attention and thick skin is required if you do it here. Crying about it to the mods and starting a thread blasting this board along with announcing who you have on ignore is not a victim. It's pure drama to me and I don't do that well neither.

I think FN'ers are used to being snide with each other and don't think that is trolling. Let a person establish himself as a football talker first then if he/she throws an occasional dart most here will be OK with that. Kevin and Cali are perfect examples. They both throw an occasional jab but they make solid football talk much more. Yes they question the quality of team here in Dallas but the do so without any trolling.