• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome new fans and FN'ers

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we have two solid groups of Cowboys fans and they are mixing like oil and water right now. My take is that things got off on the wrong foot because of a small misunderstanding. We need to bury the hatchet, there are enough fans that hate Dallas fans without us hating each other. i read through the posts and we are all on the same page, if we could just get beyond the "FN vs Disney" stuff.

I realize that when the real football starts this will all resolve itself, but lets put all the old stuff behind us. That goes for the older crew who have dealt with the Disney trolling (both from other teams and our own) and the new guys who appear to have a lot to offer.

As always, no one here is going to agree 100% with everyone elses opinion. That's fine, lets just keep it light hearted when we disagree.

As for who I'm talking about, a couple I know of that are good people are Otis, TxHeat, Backroads, and Steve. I know there are others, we got a lot of NFCEast fans from FN, and I don't any less of the people I didn't mention but I haven't spent a lot of time in their threads to get to know them.

As for the older posters here, I don't want to lose any more of you. Some of us have a decade of history, and there are going to be wrong/stupid predictions as well as perfect ones. We all have wins and losses, so no use pull a LL and reminding everyone how smart we are or how wrong someone else was.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
250m1l5.png

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas Cowboy thread on the general board most likely serves as a good endorsement to all this.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:TX Heat seems like a quality Dude, as does Otis. We can use all the quality posters we can get:suds:

aka50

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:TX Heat seems like a quality Dude, as does Otis. We can use all the quality posters we can get:suds:
Yes they are. And there are others. All things in their time.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rename the site FanHoopla or SportsNation. That will solve all the problems. :suds:

Pimpy Looka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rename the site FanHoopla or SportsNation. That will solve all the problems. :suds:

as a FN convert, I'd bet the FN thing goes away over time and there's no need to formally try to combine the two names. this is sportshoopla, end of story IMO.

I think folks are posting under the old FN moniker as a means of letting other folks from FN know where a new home is if they search the interweb for fannation. the idea that folks from either side is annoyed by the other is kind of ridiculous and I'm sure in short order that will go by the wayside as folks cross mingle.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a FN convert, I'd bet the FN thing goes away over time and there's no need to formally try to combine the two names. this is sportshoopla, end of story IMO.

I think folks are posting under the old FN moniker as a means of letting other folks from FN know where a new home is if they search the interweb for fannation. the idea that folks from either side is annoyed by the other is kind of ridiculous and I'm sure in short order that will go by the wayside as folks cross mingle.

I was just joking :suds:

Pimpy Looka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, each website has/had it's own culture that was fairly different, where FN was fairly edgy and everyone felt comfortable razzing each other (and the mods) pretty hard. Where as it seems to me at first glance that SH is much more cordial.

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were two of the best over on FN. Aka 50, as well, although he's a Giants fan.:gaah:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were two of the best over on FN. Aka 50, as well, although he's a Giants fan.:gaah:

are you saying there has been a giants fan sighting?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

slapshot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Redskin fan I'll vouch for Otis. I don't always agree but he's a quality poster for sure. :clap:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone came from somewhere. I felt welcomed when I came to this site as an "ESPN poster" although I came a little later than most of the group so I'm not sure if there were issues at first or not. I really have no problem with the fan nation crew as a whole. I had a couple issues with individual posts, but not really even the people overall that made them and to be honest I kind of thought most of that was already over and was surprised to see this thread. Honestly, other than Otis and Heat I don't even know who is a FN poster.