• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6: Virginia Tech @ North Carolina (Oct. 6, 2012)

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To everyone who keeps saying "this is a good thing, maybe things will change now." You're not necessarily wrong, it could make things change. However, expect people like me to hate you, because I can't fucking stand to watch the way we're playing. It hurts.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bright side: knowles looks like he's gunna be a player.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear our offense drives worse than Mr. Magoo and our defense has more holes than a Swiss cheese factory. We'll be lucky to finish the season .500

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed. All I can say. 300+ rushing yards against us. Unacceptable. Defense looks like shit. I know they have been on the field a lot but with 8+ DL guys rotating and 0 pressure is awful.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roberts and Davis need to be benched for a game as well until they can earn their spots back. Knowles and Fuller are playing much better than those 2. Roberts was benched this game i think actually

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, we've got Duke next game, so at worst it's like a 6-point loss.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. Why is the team playin so soft

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sacked by a guy who was double teamed, fought through it, picked himself off the ground, and kept trucking..in lt3's defense, he usually has no one to pass or doesn't have time to let the play develop. And I've noticed now..our tight ends do suck in every way. Any team with a decent defensive line will give the offense trouble..a lot of it...frosh or not. Michael cole's open field tackling is fucking pathetic...and bonner's is no better..I'd expect both of these guys to be buried in the depth chart and I think that if fisher could play free safety, he could legitimately start next season...and I wouldn't call the dline even mediocre..gonna be a long season I think..think we CAN have a decent team but it would take a miracle to beat fsu or clemson and miami looks like a likely loss at this point...

Our offensive and defensive lines are playing pretty poorly..you're not gonna win many games til u get that fixed..

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some post-game quotes here.

Foster:
"Worst tackling I've seen in a long time."
"Pathetic"
"No excuses for the yardage they gained."
"Our tackling today was atrocious."

Stinespring:
"We left a couple plays on the field."
"Had some drops out there we don't need to have"
"We're not gonna sit around and talk about what happened."
Side note: sounded like he was struggling to speak with all those stutters.

Beamer:
"A little bit here and a little bit there [that we missed on]"
"There's things that can be fixed, but we gotta get them fixed."
"They're pretty good."
"It's one guy here and one guy there...it's not like there's one area we can go look at and correct."
"It's just not coming together quite like it needs to"

Sounds like he's happy Gregory will be back...4 Rb's in the backfield again, although Holmes has a hip pointer. 262 yards given up to RB is the most ever given up by VT in the history of VT football, not just during the Beamer era. We're in trouble guys.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I quit watching after the Holmes TO and took a nap. The whole year I've thought that maybe the D-line was tired out and demoralized from watching the offense suck but I've changed my mind. There are so many areas on the team that need improvement. Duke is going to be a problem for craps sake. I can't figure out how the D regressed from last year with basically the same players. Every player on the D-line got worse in the offseason I think

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wonder if Wiles will get any heat now that we basically has the same DL from last year but the Line can't squash a grape now?

Someone mentioned benching Davis and more seasoned players in the skilled spots because they have no heart. Totally agree on that.What a waste of talent - that's an issue with coaching in my book. The dude can't run a crisp route, is the first person to line up on a play and has Ernest Wilford (early days) hands because of the lack of focus.

I kind of feel bad for LT - he is having to do alot with a little for sure on the offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It could be that practicing against Newsome's softies has made the D-line soft as well. Either that or I need to change my sig to FIRE EVERYONE TODAY PLEASE

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The defense has had its bad days...all of me..even Kyle fuller...but it all starts with the dline .. No pressure .. Counter that with lb blitzing and u put your secondary on an island...play nickel? Then they just run the ball down your throat...and unc,Miami,Clemson, and fsu are not one dimensional...pick your poison but either one of them will kill ya...great question about our dline...I wonder if they laid and got lazy in the offseason...there was rumor that gayle came into the fall practice overweight and out of shape...shop isn't a stone cold killer...and our other de's are quick but on the small side... We don't have the athletes in the back 7 to cover a good spread team or the size up front to get a good pass rush..

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe there are too many old men on the staff that aren't good motivators anymore

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game, the game was closer than the final score indicated. Y'all had a key drop on a deep ball, travis Hughes made a big time play on one of like 5 plays he got in on and the refs called what looked like an awful pass interference call on one of our third downs late in the game. Like the fumble being recovered out of bounds I was at the game and didn't get a good enough replay to know if it was the right call.