• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6: UNC @ Virginia Tech, Saturday 12:30 PM ACC Network

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then a costly facemask penalty. Stick it in here and we are in a great position

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't someone predict VT wins 27-10?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my.

I did predict 27-13 (not that UNC would settle for FGs at this point).

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put the backups in now. Don't need a UNC player taking a cheap shot at a starter during a play

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really missed Tariq last year and will miss him next year, he's a beast

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom. 5-1(2-0). time to go root on Ball State and GT

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blocked extra point was pretty bad. You're always supposed to take the inside guy, and the guard just let a guy right through the A gap. At least Trey Gresh made the tackle.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blocked extra point was pretty bad. You're always supposed to take the inside guy, and the guard just let a guy right through the A gap. At least Trey Gresh made the tackle.

Yeah, it was a bonehead play. If we would've returned it it would've been a two possession game.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on my trip to Blacksburg:
- Great fans / great atmosphere
- The fans were really friendly before, during, and after the game. It might've been different if y'all lost, but I doubt it.
- It's a nice campus
- I would think all recruits would prefer playing in front of a crowd like y'all have.
- Almost all of the girls that I saw today were nice looking so that was another plus haha

I enjoyed my trip, it was a great experience but I would've liked to have seen what we could've done at te end had we not muffed that punt. Hopefully I will be back in the future.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the game today. PERFECT day in Blacksburg for a game. Be jealous. Anyway, its nice to get a win. We played well across the board in the first half, not so much in the second. That game should have been over sometime in the 3rd quarter. I don't know what the hell happened to the offense but it was like they stayed in the locker room after halftime. I thought the running game was ok in the 1st half (though we didn't use it much) but in the 2nd, it was a total disaster. From where I was sitting, the zone read just looked really slow. It seemed like it took forever for the handoff (or keep) to take place and when it did, there's no where to go. On top of that, it looked like there were quite a few times were players barely even made contact on their blocks. I know I saw Cline and Benedict completely whiff and a couple of others. I don't know if they got tired or what but the line got completely manhandled in the 2nd half and seemed totally different from the 1st half. To compound it, it seemed like Loeffler just kept calling runs with no success instead of going back to some really great passing plays in the 1st half. That's something that doesn't show up on TV that much. This was my first game in person this year and there's so much going on with the routes and such this year. It's great to see. No more 3 or 4 guys just running verticals. Every route has a purpose. So we got the win and that's great. Should have been put away earlier but we can build on that, right?

Two more comments since I don't know how it played out on TV:

-The fight. I saw pretty much all of it. Wilson (i think) basically pancaked #80, Wilson's helmet came off in the process. Apparently 80 didn't like getting jacked up so he got up and threw a punch. Then it was a pile up and I think I saw Maddy throw a punch too so don't be shocked if the ACC reviews it and Maddy gets a suspension. Not 100% it was Maddy but it was a bigger guy and it looked like he threw a small jab that may have grazed a guy.

-What happened to Rogers? The hit he took didn't look all that bad but I never saw him return.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers had a sprained ankle. I completely agree with the read option....it looks like slow motion compared with what I am watching from tOSU and NW. Does VT ever pass out of the read option like tOSU does almost every play? I am not sure why VT can't get the running game going, but I think JC needs to be more involved in the passing game.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- The fans were really friendly before, during, and after the game. It might've been different if y'all lost, but I doubt it.
- It's a nice campus
- I would think all recruits would prefer playing in front of a crowd like y'all have.
- Almost all of the girls that I saw today were nice looking so that was another plus haha

I enjoyed my trip, it was a great experience but I would've liked to have seen what we could've done at te end had we not muffed that punt. Hopefully I will be back in the future.

Glad you had a good time. Maybe next time y'all come north I can host you at a tailgate. Trying to get things locked down long term with the lady and fam and a ridiculously crazy year.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you had a good time. Maybe next time y'all come north I can host you at a tailgate. Trying to get things locked down long term with the lady and fam and a ridiculously crazy year.

Good win, VT guys. I hate to say I told you so but I did tell you so.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- It's a nice campus

I live in Atlanta so I'll probably never get that close to the fated Mason-Dixon Line, LOL. I would like to go to a VT game in Blacksburg, though I'm glad you had a good time.

Well, you can go back up there when we play them in BB and see how they are when they LOSE. LOL

I'm Catholic so I guess I'm stuck hoping ND has a good year. :L