• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 Locks

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was I last week? I forgot to post. Nevertheless I hit another nice parlay. I took Steelers first half with the Vikings at 4.5. This week should be an easy one. I drove up to Vegas on Tuesday to place my bets since I'll be in New York this weekend.

If you haven't placed your money on Tom Brady and the Cheatriots, you must hate money. I don't think this one can get any easier. Will the Browns even score? I'll give them 10 points tops and Brady throws for at least 4 TDs.

The Broncos are undefeated ATS this year and they get to play an, IMO completely overrated team in the Falcons. The Falcons rarely play well out of the dome and I was able to get the Broncos at 5.5. I think they win by 10..2 field goals is a lock.

Bonus points: over Ravens/Skins, Rams -2.5 and the Cardinals tonight.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish you forgot to post 2 weeks ago. I'm homeless because of you

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints will not give up more than 3 TDs this weekend.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was I last week? I forgot to post. Nevertheless I hit another nice parlay. I took Steelers first half with the Vikings at 4.5. This week should be an easy one. I drove up to Vegas on Tuesday to place my bets since I'll be in New York this weekend.

If you haven't placed your money on Tom Brady and the Cheatriots, you must hate money. I don't think this one can get any easier. Will the Browns even score? I'll give them 10 points tops and Brady throws for at least 4 TDs.

The Broncos are undefeated ATS this year and they get to play an, IMO completely overrated team in the Falcons. The Falcons rarely play well out of the dome and I was able to get the Broncos at 5.5. I think they win by 10..2 field goals is a lock.

Bonus points: over Ravens/Skins, Rams -2.5 and the Cardinals tonight.

Not as sure about the Patriots being such a lock as you think. The more I have read on this game the more I think it will be closer than people think. Gronk is still hurt. Blount is struggling with a hip injury that ended his season last year. Brady will still be trying to knock off some of the rust. And actually in the past 2 match ups of these 2 teams the Browns crushed the Patriots in one of the match ups and then lost only by 1 when they were winning by I think 13 with just over a minute left to go in the game. Patriots had to recover an onside kick to win the game.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as sure about the Patriots being such a lock as you think. The more I have read on this game the more I think it will be closer than people think. Gronk is still hurt. Blount is struggling with a hip injury that ended his season last year. Brady will still be trying to knock off some of the rust. And actually in the past 2 match ups of these 2 teams the Browns crushed the Patriots in one of the match ups and then lost only by 1 when they were winning by I think 13 with just over a minute left to go in the game. Patriots had to recover an onside kick to win the game.

I agree. I wouldn't take the Browns and the points either though. I would just stay away.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats will ROLL the Browns.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think those games have much to do with this weekend. And as crazy as it sounds they had better QBs situations then. Jason Campbell was such a difficult game plan at the time and Peyton Hillis was an NFL player murdering people at the time.

3 completely dofferent situations. The 2 math ups before thay the Patriots blew them out.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think those games have much to do with this weekend. And as crazy as it sounds they had better QBs situations then. Jason Campbell was such a difficult game plan at the time and Peyton Hillis was an NFL player murdering people at the time.

3 completely dofferent situations. The 2 math ups before thay the Patriots blew them out.

Thank you for not typing 'apples to oranges' and some blather about a logical fallacy.

Really, thanks.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know better than to bet on sports.
Wish I was smart enough to stop betting in the card games

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for not typing 'apples to oranges' and some blather about a logical fallacy.

Really, thanks.
Lol it's definitely a logical fallacy in the form of inferential statistics.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I wouldn't take the Browns and the points either though. I would just stay away.

Agreed. I think this game could go a lot of different ways...I can see NE covering if they can get pressure on the young QB, but if they don't, he's accurate enough to move the ball and put up enough points to cover that 10.5.

NE will win, but the NE bets might be hoping for a FG late.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well right now as weird as this maybe sounds the Browns have the #1 rushing attack in the NFL. Both in yards and yards per carry. So there is your Peyton Hillis. And not sure why you think Jason Campbell was a difficult game plan. At that point he had been in the NFL for 7 years and had played plenty of games so people knew how to game plan to stop him. Right now Cody Kessler has actually been a very accurate QB (10% higher completion percentage than Campbell) and at that point in Campbell's career he wasn't taking off running a whole lot. And yes Campbell had a great game against the Patriots that year but even with that great game not like he lit things up for the season. His QB rating was a 76.9 where Kessler's this year is 83.5.

To me if you are going to make the argument that this Cleveland team isn't as good as the one from 2013 then I would say you have a better shot to make that argument about comparing the defenses more than the offenses.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not very confident in the spread for either game

both will be pretty damn good though