• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 vs KC

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was depressing. Things wont change until Tomlin the fraud is gone.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense is pure garbage. With the likes of their whole secondary (mainly Artie Burns) their Middle Linebackers and Bud Dupree playing they have no hope.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense is pure garbage. With the likes of their whole secondary (mainly Artie Burns) their Middle Linebackers and Bud Dupree playing they have no hope.

My question is how do you get blown up for 21 in the first quarter, then totally shut them down the next.

This Fuckin Jekyll and Hyde D is so fucked up.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

So Juju, Connor, even Double J are becoming massive blips on other teams radar.....
Can't deny it, they are all putting up numbers 2 weeks in a row....you're right they can't do anymore. They just need to do it weekly, and they are!!!!
But if you noticed, AB is already beginning with the tantrums.....
This is going to play a major part in the success or failure of this team this year!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate to say it.....I agree with fat boy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching... Stumbling out the gate, lethargic & uncoordinated. Don't know how it keeps surprising me. 12 more penalties to add to their already impressive total. Offense had zero balance but still somehow managed to stay in the game. They go from giving Conner 30+ carries week 1 to just 8 this week? Chiefs controlled the game forcing them to throw, but in the 2nd half they had more than ample opportunities to run the ball and they chose not to. Playcalling looks pretty elementary so far through 2 games. Defense was laughable. Soft zone coverage all day long was getting dissected, and they kept rushing only 2-4 guys. Sound familiar? Why was Butler putting Bostic on Kelce? Just why? Icing on the cake from the final KC drive when the entire world knew they were going to run the ball on the first play and they still picked up 9. How have they not learned their lesson with that lame duck defense? It's incredibly dense of them to keep trying it. These coaches should be put on blast this week. Just all around embarrassing. No strategy or adaptations or answers. Starts at the top with Tomlin. Not all coaches can be Belichick, but this team deserves someone that understands how to put their team in the best position to win. Tomlin needs to do better. But still shame on all of them.... F

Offense... Decent protection from the goon squad. Ben looked much better but still got away with a few balls that should have been intercepted. Also saw numerous misreads but not a bad performance by Ben. Didn't love that he threw 60 times today. Jesse James & JuJu took advantage of AB's double teams today. That's what they need to do. Sadly it just wasn't enough. The lack of innovative playcalling & gametime adjustments are really hurting this offense. They need to find an identity, and quickly... C+

Defense... Implosion. Just all around embarrassing showing from the defense. So many lapses in coverage and communication breakdowns. Apparently losing Joe Haden causes them to all disappear. Burns is simply not a zone CB. He's absolutely awful at it because he's not smart & has zero awareness. Mahomes is a good QB with a very quick release so the D-line was phased out quickly. They shut down the run game for the most part, but where was the pressure? Had a lot to do with Butler's schemes. Since he couldn't get to the QB he abandoned his blitz packages. Same shit, different day.... F

Overall... Despite the end score being close it still felt like everything was too little too late. Chiefs almost had full control of this game. No excuses for how awful this team is at living up to its expectations. Getting really tired of searching for answers... F

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is how do you get blown up for 21 in the first quarter, then totally shut them down the next.

This Fuckin Jekyll and Hyde D is so fucked up.
Yeah that i think is the problem. They aren't good enough to be consistent, IE Burns had a good play on the Safety but outside of that is the worst DB on the field. Dupree does get in on every play but is never near the QB since he has no moves and is always out of position if a draw play occurs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Steelers have ever fired a coordinator midseason, but I'd support it if they moved on from Butler. That defense was flat out embarrassing today. And it will almost assuredly come back around to bite them in the ass down the stretch.

But then again, it's still Tomlin's defense. His fingerprints are still all over it, and we keep getting the same results.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only saving grace for this team is they are in the AFC North.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB's a competitor through & through. Sucks that he let his emotions get the better of him, again. It happens.

I agree, but how long till he starts to get up in Ben's face about the bullshit???

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Steelers have ever fired a coordinator midseason, but I'd support it if they moved on from Butler. That defense was flat out embarrassing today. And it will almost assuredly come back around to bite them in the ass down the stretch.

But then again, it's still Tomlin's defense. His fingerprints are still all over it, and we keep getting the same results.

Seriously, if Tomlin wouldn't let Lebeau run the defense, how much does butler actually run the D.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but how long till he starts to get up in Ben's face about the bullshit???
He would never do that. He has too much respect for Ben. Even when its been Ben's fault, AB would still go after the OC first.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would never do that. He has too much respect for Ben. Even when its been Ben's fault, AB would still go after the OC first.

I wouldn't put money on that.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many games of JuJu and Double J getting 100 yards before he goes off the deep end???

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games of JuJu and Double J getting 100 yards before he goes off the deep end???
Squeaky wheel always gets the grease at some point. One of the problems is FIchtner isn't giving AB his rub routes. If AB gets yards he has to earn every single one of them. And going against double/triple teams makes that almost impossible to do.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching... Stumbling out the gate, lethargic & uncoordinated. Don't know how it keeps surprising me. 12 more penalties to add to their already impressive total. Offense had zero balance but still somehow managed to stay in the game. They go from giving Conner 30+ carries week 1 to just 8 this week? Chiefs controlled the game forcing them to throw, but in the 2nd half they had more than ample opportunities to run the ball and they chose not to. Playcalling looks pretty elementary so far through 2 games. Defense was laughable. Soft zone coverage all day long was getting dissected, and they kept rushing only 2-4 guys. Sound familiar? Why was Butler putting Bostic on Kelce? Just why? Icing on the cake from the final KC drive when the entire world knew they were going to run the ball on the first play and they still picked up 9. How have they not learned their lesson with that lame duck defense? It's incredibly dense of them to keep trying it. These coaches should be put on blast this week. Just all around embarrassing. No strategy or adaptations or answers. Starts at the top with Tomlin. Not all coaches can be Belichick, but this team deserves someone that understands how to put their team in the best position to win. Tomlin needs to do better. But still shame on all of them.... F

Offense... Decent protection from the goon squad. Ben looked much better but still got away with a few balls that should have been intercepted. Also saw numerous misreads but not a bad performance by Ben. Didn't love that he threw 60 times today. Jesse James & JuJu took advantage of AB's double teams today. That's what they need to do. Sadly it just wasn't enough. The lack of innovative playcalling & gametime adjustments are really hurting this offense. They need to find an identity, and quickly... C+

Defense... Implosion. Just all around embarrassing showing from the defense. So many lapses in coverage and communication breakdowns. Apparently losing Joe Haden causes them to all disappear. Burns is simply not a zone CB. He's absolutely awful at it because he's not smart & has zero awareness. Mahomes is a good QB with a very quick release so the D-line was phased out quickly. They shut down the run game for the most part, but where was the pressure? Had a lot to do with Butler's schemes. Since he couldn't get to the QB he abandoned his blitz packages. Same shit, different day.... F

Overall... Despite the end score being close it still felt like everything was too little too late. Chiefs almost had full control of this game. No excuses for how awful this team is at living up to its expectations. Getting really tired of searching for answers... F

I would've given the offense a solid B to B+, but otherwise, I agree.

As to the defense, I wish there was a lower grade than F.

And though I've defended Tomlin for years, I'm about finished with that. He's not a true leader...he has no concept of discipline.

And not attempting the onside kick, and counting on THAT D to get them the ball back with 2 minutes remaining? Bloody stupid. :L