• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 DUH Brownies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news... Miami lost to NE... Meaning we play Miami in the WC round

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin only sends out 1 captain lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can this game end already?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gah my feed just got cutoff because its switching to another game!!!! HELP!

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in that situation I like the call to go for it

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheww... found a new feed

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Hamilton with a HUGE catch

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Browns... You Brownied this one away big time

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... half of me wanted the Browns to win so that it would help support Colbert's decision to NOT resign Landry Jones.

We might be doomed for 3 more preseasons of Landry Jones.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh hell yes
yeah, in hindsight it was a kind of a dumb comment on my part. in that situation with nothing to win or lose, of course you don't play for the tie; you go for it.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... half of me wanted the Browns to win so that it would help support Colbert's decision to NOT resign Landry Jones.

We might be doomed for 3 more preseasons of Landry Jones.
haha, that's what I was thinking as well when the Steelers scored. was glad they won, but thought that would just be the proof they'd need/want to re-sign Jones.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching... Well, you can certainly heap both praise & blame on the coaches for this one. First off the team came out very flat and unmotivated. We sort of knew it would happen, but after watching the offense muster up about 55yds of total offense in the 1st half I think they were feeling pretty embarrassed. Tomlin looked like he lit a fire under everyone's asses at halftime because the 2nd half was a completely different story. Fairly clean game, 9 penalties for 43yds. Some of those penalties were bogus calls though. Both offense & defense was night & day difference from the 1st half to the 2nd. Neither gameplan looked very aggressive so there's something to be said about that. C+

Offense... Landry looked downright awful in the 1st half. Throwing flat footed, failing to view the complete field, struggling with his progressions, overthrowing/underthrowing targets, etc. Thank God for DHB saving that pick 6 TD from hitting the scoreboard. I was almost certain we would see Mettenberger start off the 2nd half. Kudos to Tomlin for seeing what we fans don't. Jones looked pretty good in the 4th quarter & OT. Looked very capable during that last game-winning drive. I have mixed feelings over it though lol. Was sort of hoping he would fail and it would give Colbert more evidence that he shouldn't be resigned. Enough on that though. D-Will certainly looked rusty. But not having Pouncey in there and the offense looking very flat in the 1st half was a bad recipe for his success. Once they got going though Williams looked like his usual self. Gashing for 10-12yd gains at a time on 1 drive. Still only 70 net yards rushing against the 31st ranked rush D. Not good. The receivers played well. Rogers, Hamilton, DHB, & Ayers all had clutch grabs. Curious as to why Coates didn't see the field very much, if at all? Are they still letting him heal his hand, or has he been phased out? Not sure what to think, but at least they have a wild card up their sleeves should they need it. Defenses watching film on the Steelers wont see much at all from Coates so doubt anyone keys on him if they roll him out. C+

Defense... Not very enthusiastic about how they played today. I'm willing to forgive it if they show up in the postseason though. The entire defense didn't look like they wanted to play until the 2nd half. Glad they finally showed up, because it was getting embarrassing. Secondary was getting exposed, and the D-line wasn't generating much pressure. They tightened things up in the 2nd half though. Big time stands in the RZ to save the game. Good to see Harrison got some rest. C+

Overall... Escaped with a win and pretty much healthy. Only injury I saw was to Matthews (DE). We'll have to wait and see what Tomlin says. Hopefully nobody else appears on the injury report. It was a meaningless game, but the team still showed some good resolve. Still a lot to be confident about moving forward. Defense will need a much better showing in the postseason though. That was scary watching the Cleveland Browns carve up (basically) their starting defense. Hopefully we see a much better showing from both the O & D for ALL 4 quarters next week. C+

Outlook... Tomlin was able to rest his starters this week so Ben, Bell, Brown & Pouncey will have had 2 weeks to prepare for the Dolphins come gametime next weekend. This is huge for this team who has been without their full offensive firepower heading into the last 2 postseasons. Really hoping to see the offense take flight with everyone on board. They will need it if they want to make it past the Dolphins. Miami is playing without their starting QB, but make no mistake, Matt Moore is no push-over. The offense has been pushing the ball very well like it hasn't skipped a beat since Tannehill got injured. Their defense has been playing up to their potential as well. It's going to be a slugfest next weekend. Steelers need to play with their A game, or they will watch their chance at #7 crumble beneath them.