• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 DUH Brownies

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thing they're looking forward to the pressure. They have written the drafting game plan for making the wrong selections since '99. Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Brandon Weeden, Trent Richardson, Brady Quinn, Johnny Football, all wasted 1st rounders. And the list goes on. Those were just the ones I could think of immediately. No matter where they pick in next years draft it'll be the wrong decision. It's what they do.

The question is, what dumpster treasure of a quarterback are the Browns looking at this year???

Browns-Logo-71.png

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, like you said Jones expires the end of the season so why not get a look at Mett.
This tells you the cheerleader has every intention on resigning Jones......wtf.

that-moment-when-you-realize-tom-brady-sego-your-biggest-5329026.png

IDK about that...Steelers won't have a ton of cap space to be spending on a back up QB. If retained LJ would probably be in the 1.5mil+ range. I think Mett is under-contract for <700k next year.

I think both will play...if Jones plays well, maybe a team will give him a deal, but I don't expect it to be in PIT unless he's willing to play for maybe 1.1 or less.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about that...Steelers won't have a ton of cap space to be spending on a back up QB. If retained LJ would probably be in the 1.5mil+ range. I think Mett is under-contract for <700k next year.

I think both will play...if Jones plays well, maybe a team will give him a deal, but I don't expect it to be in PIT unless he's willing to play for maybe 1.1 or less.

1.5 +

images

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is, what dumpster treasure of a quarterback are the Browns looking at this year???

Browns-Logo-71.png

To make sure the Browns continue their tradition of making the wrong Draft Day selections for next years draft they'll draft a QB that's not even eligible.:L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make sure the Browns continue their tradition of making the wrong Draft Day selections for next years draft they'll draft a QB that's not even eligible.:L

Hard to see the forest for the trees right now, but I get the sense the Browns will secure the #1 overall pick in a close game, take the DE from A&M and then see what happens when the Eagles pick comes along...if there is a legit OT there ready to play, I think they go that route and maybe trade a pick or so to get back into the 20s in the 1st to get a QB.

Then again...they could screw it up again!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to see the forest for the trees right now, but I get the sense the Browns will secure the #1 overall pick in a close game, take the DE from A&M and then see what happens when the Eagles pick comes along...if there is a legit OT there ready to play, I think they go that route and maybe trade a pick or so to get back into the 20s in the 1st to get a QB.

Then again...they could screw it up again!

Well just going by the Browns draft history since '99 if they would actually get it right I might be a bit disappointed. Getting things right on Draft Day isn't what the Browns do.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just going by the Browns draft history since '99 if they would actually get it right I might be a bit disappointed. Getting things right on Draft Day isn't what the Browns do.

So true.

I think this is the one draft that maybe they won't...yeah, they need a QB, but clearly have other needs and QB is probably not going to be a top 5 pick this year. It might be a good year for teams like CHI to have a good project like Kizer be there when they pick, but nobody is really worth #1 overall...and some people are saying maybe not even top 10, but I think at least 1 QB will come off the board in the top 10.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true.

I think this is the one draft that maybe they won't...yeah, they need a QB, but clearly have other needs and QB is probably not going to be a top 5 pick this year. It might be a good year for teams like CHI to have a good project like Kizer be there when they pick, but nobody is really worth #1 overall...and some people are saying maybe not even top 10, but I think at least 1 QB will come off the board in the top 10.

I just have no faith in the Browns doing the right thing on draft day. Maybe they'll finally surprise me this year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have no faith in the Browns doing the right thing on draft day. Maybe they'll finally surprise me this year.

Can't blame you at all!!

I think the '16 draft was okay...I think they could use the picks better by leveraging to move up the board to get better quality rather than loading up on picks that will have little to no impact.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... Not that its necessary, I'm just superstitious....

Offense... Haven't seen any official word on Ben, Brown, Bell & Pouncey sitting other than Tomlin wanting to "preserve & protect those guys if he can". But I think we can safely eliminate them from the discussion. Tomlin would & should be fired if he decided to play any of those guys. So what does the offense look like without them? Welp, aside from the headache that is Landry Jones, I would expect to see an overwhelming dose of DeAngelo Williams. He still has yet to log a single snap since coming back from his knee injury. As Tomlin aptly put it, he needs to knock the rust off him. Aside from that, just guessing but I would expect a lot of heavy set with Hubbard lined up as eligible. The Browns are 2nd to last in rushing yards per game given up. At WR I'm thinking we will see some extensive looks at Coates & Ayers. Rogers will be heavily involved, but Tomlin & Haley already know what they have in him so there's no need to press on him. Hamilton could be viewed as the same, great run blocker and a stretch threat. Coates still hasn't resurfaced since breaking his fingers other than failing to carve out a role on ST. Ayers got his first game helmet last week and his first catch. Hoping to get to know him better this week. Green is out, not sure if he passed concussion protocol yet but I bet he has. James, DJ & Grimble will work the seams. On the O-line, we are probably going to see Finney lined up on the ball with Pouncey being inactive. That doesn't leave much breathing room for the rest of the group. I'd like to see Hubbard in for DeCastro, but I don't think that will happen until later in the game. And possibly Mihalik in for Gilbert? Keep your fingers crossed that nobody gets banged up in this game.

Defense... Tuitt out again. Not sure what the plan is for resting people on this side of the ball, but I'd like to see Shazier & Timmons get the week off. V-Will, Fort & Matakevich can fill the void. The rest of the group I'm not very worried about, maybe Harrison & Mitchell. Cleveland's offense is 24th in rushing yds per game, and 28th in passing yds per game. In a completely meaningless game against a bottom feeding team, there's no reason not to view this game as a preseason game. Get some looks at players that haven't seen the field very much. Guys like Moats, Chickillo, JJ, V-Will, Matakevich, Fort, McCullers, Golden, Gilbert, Shabazz, Maxey, Dangerfield, etc. Let 'em play coach!

Overall... Probably going to be a fairly low scoring affair. Landry will probably cough up some turnovers, so hopefully that means we will see Mettenberger get some snaps. D-Will will probably rack up 120+yds off 25-30 carries. Knock on wood they come out of this game healthy and ready for the postseason!

Mind the juju... :hope:

CLE 20 - PIT 13

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the first half... Hungover!

So lookin at the stats, Jones only put up 62yds passing in an entire half??? And D-Will 8 attempts for 7 yds???

I knew the offense would look anemic, but not this bad. What the hell is going on?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0/6 on 3rd downs.... YIKES

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry looks awful... Announcer said it perfectly, he's throwing flat footed. Passes are wildly erratic. Why don't they let Mettenberger start the 2nd half? Landry's contract is up this offseason, no sense in resigning that failure.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Landry looks awful... Announcer said it perfectly, he's throwing flat footed. Passes are wildly erratic. Why don't they let Mettenberger start the 2nd half? Landry's contract is up this offseason, no sense in resigning that failure.
Looks like they are sticking with the shits....

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Missed the first half... Hungover!

So lookin at the stats, Jones only put up 62yds passing in an entire half??? And D-Will 8 attempts for 7 yds???

I knew the offense would look anemic, but not this bad. What the hell is going on?
Didn't your mama teach you how to drink????lol