• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 15: Seahawks vs Rams Thread

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams winners of 4 of our last 5 meetings; 11 of our last 16... Going to be tough for sure - Rams have definitely had RW's number... With that said, Rams have players out with Covid and now announced today, that T. Lockett and A. Collins both have tested positive for Covid...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams winners of 4 of our last 5 meetings; 11 of our last 16... Going to be tough for sure - Rams have definitely had RW's number... With that said, Rams have players out with Covid and now announced today, that T. Lockett and A. Collins both have tested positive for Covid...

I still hold out a chance. We NEED TO WIN MORE THAN THEY DO

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oof Hawks where 2-0 when I started the game thread and I am a massive believer in Karma so fingers crossed on this one. lol

@Anointed One if we lose I will personally hold you responsible ( Just kidding )

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're definitely going to see what Eskridge is made of with Lockett out...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're definitely going to see what Eskridge is made of with Lockett out...

Chicken bones! that's what he is made of. So now that you know that can we have Lockett back please?

Eskridge is a scatt back WR but the boy missed how long from just a little bump on the head? Yeah don't expect much from him but if he can stay away from being hit he might do ok. But this is football and he WILL be hit. Also what I mean by little hit is no matter how many times I watched that hit that knocked him out for a LONG time I saw a normal blow and not a big one just a average hit nothing special knock him out of games for a very long time. Chicken bones.

Hey Hawks, do us a favor! No more sub 5 foot 10 and sub 190 pound WR's ok?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken bones! that's what he is made of. So now that you know that can we have Lockett back please?

Eskridge is a scatt back WR but the boy missed how long from just a little bump on the head? Yeah don't expect much from him but if he can stay away from being hit he might do ok. But this is football and he WILL be hit. Also what I mean by little hit is no matter how many times I watched that hit that knocked him out for a LONG time I saw a normal blow and not a big one just a average hit nothing special knock him out of games for a very long time. Chicken bones.

First time hearing how concussions work, huh?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time hearing how concussions work, huh?

haha your funny

Come on he is to light to small and obviously susceptible to them, everyone is different. You could have a guy thats 5 foot 5 150 pounds and never gets a concussion even after being blown up or you could have a 6 foot 4 300 pound DT get one from a slap to the head. Thing is that hit wouldn't/shouldn't have gave a concussion to anyone go watch it again. The hit was a normal every play collision.

A concussion is a mild form of traumatic brain injury (TBI) caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head. Concussions can also occur from a fall or a blow to the body that causes the head to move rapidly back and forth. Doctors may describe these injuries as “mild” because concussions are usually not life-threatening.

that bump to the head was weaker than a soccer player heading a ball! lol my hope is it was a fluke just a perfect storm and he never has another one ... that's my hope but I don't expect it to be true.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a bunch more Rams placed were placed on the Covid list. Starting to think this game is cancelled. We'll see if the league follows through and gives the Seahawks the W.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a bunch more Rams placed were placed on the Covid list. Starting to think this game is cancelled. We'll see if the league follows through and gives the Seahawks the W.
Sounds like they have up to 25 players on the list...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they have up to 25 players on the list...

I don't see how they could play a game with 25 players out. That would mean they have 29 players on the roster who could. Make they could get a couple of guys from the street but that's a big ask.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they could play a game with 25 players out. That would mean they have 29 players on the roster who could. Make they could get a couple of guys from the street but that's a big ask.
Sounds like the NFLPA is lobbying to have the NFL to suspend all games this week and begin against in Week 16... Kind of hard though with the Chiefs/Chargers about ready to go...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the NFLPA is lobbying to have the NFL to suspend all games this week and begin against in Week 16... Kind of hard though with the Chiefs/Chargers about ready to go...

And it would completely make a mockery of the NFL protocols. Not a good look.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it would completely make a mockery of the NFL protocols. Not a good look.

**Is there a chance the Seahawks-Rams game could be canceled?

It’s very unlikely, but in the event that it is, the league has a new policy this year for games that are canceled. Unsurprisingly, that policy also varies depending on whether or not players are vaccinated.

Back in July the NFL sent out a memo telling clubs that if a game was canceled due to a COVD outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak would be charged with a loss in a forfeit. (With a new game added to the schedule beginning this year, the league was likely trying to avoid movement with the schedule and incentivize players to get vaccinated.)

If the outbreak is among vaccinated players – and it would appear this is the case with the Rams – the NFL has said it will “attempt to minimize the competitive and economic burden on both teams,” meaning the league would attempt to reschedule the game, assuming it doesn’t add a 19th week to the season.

Just wanted to share this to help those understand better what might happen.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha your funny

Come on he is to light to small and obviously susceptible to them, everyone is different. You could have a guy thats 5 foot 5 150 pounds and never gets a concussion even after being blown up or you could have a 6 foot 4 300 pound DT get one from a slap to the head. Thing is that hit wouldn't/shouldn't have gave a concussion to anyone go watch it again. The hit was a normal every play collision.

A concussion is a mild form of traumatic brain injury (TBI) caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head. Concussions can also occur from a fall or a blow to the body that causes the head to move rapidly back and forth. Doctors may describe these injuries as “mild” because concussions are usually not life-threatening.

that bump to the head was weaker than a soccer player heading a ball! lol my hope is it was a fluke just a perfect storm and he never has another one ... that's my hope but I don't expect it to be true.

Yeah, it's not that some people are susceptible and some are not. It can very likely be a fluke way he hit the ground, not that he's going to get more concussions just because he is who he is.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not just a bunch of guys either, but 10 actual starters.

We have some entering the protocol as well, but holy shit are the Rams fucked.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are a money maker for the NFL i am getting a feeling they may suspend NFL action this week. As for the Chiefs and Chargers they Played on Thursdays so they get a mini bye when everyone else would get a full week. Plus they would have to then get next week off ( Chiefs/Chargers )

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Things evolving quickly, but talks early today were Browns game being pushed back a few days maybe. Wouldn't be surprised to see our game moved or delayed in some way.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3