• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 14 @ Bengals

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haley/OFC...agreed, they threw a few wrinkles at the DIV foe with passes to Spaeth...have to give Adams some individual props...he played pretty well vs their best pass rusher Dunlap, he won on a couple of bull rushes, but overall Adams got the best of that matchup...as you noted, DeCastro, Miller, Speith pulling on the power run were outstanding...they had to run that play 12-15 times. I know we're biased, but trying not to be...is there a better 2 way RB in the NFL right now?

Labeau/DEF...every team wants to be balanced, really should've been a 40-45 pass attempt game for CIN, and work in a few runs and screens...Ike should've had Mitchell over the top on AJ all day, but for some reason on the TD bomb he chose to bite on a route in the middle of the field (Gresham I think)...either way...look for Ike to give the 10 yd cushion vs Julio in ATL. Troy on Gresham was there a lot I thought.

That said...the front 7 was more active as the game went on...JJ didn't get a sack, not recorded but he got a nice lick on Dalton, Moat of course the 2 sacks...Tuitt got the big hit that took him out.

We'll see how it goes here in ATL this week...ATL DEF is a step quicker in the dome, but does not have a good pass rush and LB support is not consistent vs the run...the OFC should have a decent game again...but the DEF worries me...Falcons can score...Ryan has to face pressure.

Agreed!

@ATL… This one honestly is like a rematch to the Saints game. Both Saints & Falcons are eerily similar in a lot of ways. The offense needs to start faster than they have been and they should be fine. For whatever reason whenever the Steelers have their opponents playing from behind they always seem to dial up more pressure on Defense than they do when they are down. Like you said, they need to put pressure on Ryan. Just like they needed to put more on Brees.

Just a little more consistency on both sides of the ball and this team could make a great run at the playoffs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!

@ATL… This one honestly is like a rematch to the Saints game. Both Saints & Falcons are eerily similar in a lot of ways. The offense needs to start faster than they have been and they should be fine. For whatever reason whenever the Steelers have their opponents playing from behind they always seem to dial up more pressure on Defense than they do when they are down. Like you said, they need to put pressure on Ryan. Just like they needed to put more on Brees.

Just a little more consistency on both sides of the ball and this team could make a great run at the playoffs.

Saints & Falcons are very similar...ATL has a better back end DEF...#21, & #25 can play. But weak @ LB/DE imo.

You have a family divided here. A lot of locals who really don't want to see the ATL coaching staff/GM back next year...they fear a DIV win might save Smitty...it will take a SB appearance to cure those fans...and you have some diehards that will be happy with a DIV win and take their chances in the playoffs...the dome will have a ton of black & gold support.

The OFC should again go north of 24 in this game...Ike on Julio worries me...Harry Douglass is a good slot, and if Roddy is healthy is great vs zone DEF...the key will be to get heat on Ryan and they should be because the ATL OL is not great....I like the rookie LT, solid at LG, but aside from them...patchwork C to RT. Worilds could have a good game.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haley/OFC...agreed, they threw a few wrinkles at the DIV foe with passes to Spaeth...have to give Adams some individual props...he played pretty well vs their best pass rusher Dunlap, he won on a couple of bull rushes, but overall Adams got the best of that matchup...as you noted, DeCastro, Miller, Speith pulling on the power run were outstanding...they had to run that play 12-15 times. I know we're biased, but trying not to be...is there a better 2 way RB in the NFL right now?

Labeau/DEF...every team wants to be balanced, really should've been a 40-45 pass attempt game for CIN, and work in a few runs and screens...Ike should've had Mitchell over the top on AJ all day, but for some reason on the TD bomb he chose to bite on a route in the middle of the field (Gresham I think)...either way...look for Ike to give the 10 yd cushion vs Julio in ATL. Troy on Gresham was there a lot I thought.

That said...the front 7 was more active as the game went on...JJ didn't get a sack, not recorded but he got a nice lick on Dalton, Moat of course the 2 sacks...Tuitt got the big hit that took him out.

We'll see how it goes here in ATL this week...ATL DEF is a step quicker in the dome, but does not have a good pass rush and LB support is not consistent vs the run...the OFC should have a decent game again...but the DEF worries me...Falcons can score...Ryan has to face pressure.

NO!!!!!!!! Add in the fact he's a very good pass blocker as well and he's THE best all-around back in the NFL IMO.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully, this game turned out well. Just had a feeling about this one. Was a little nervous in the first half though. Great game from Bell. Ben and the O played well. Great long TD pass to Bryant. TB caught every crucial pass thrown his way. The D hung in there. Ike had a rough day and William G got beat a few times. Even the announcers were getting on the Steelers management about not having drafted a Cornerback in the first round since 1997 while the Bengals have drafted them the past few years in the first round. Dan Fouts and Ian Eagle did the game and Fouts said something like: "Maybe the Steelers need to change their philosophy" in terms of not drafting a Cornerback early on. I agree with this. It's time, it really is. Just give me one good one and start the next best one on the other side. I really believe our D would be so much better with just one really good one.

Agreed that we have to beat the Falcons to make this win stand up. Another NFC South opponent coming off of a short week. Steelers rarely play in domes so that worries me a bit. Seems like it could be a good game. If the Steelers can play motivated football like they did yesterday, they will have a good chance.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully, this game turned out well. Just had a feeling about this one. Was a little nervous in the first half though. Great game from Bell. Ben and the O played well. Great long TD pass to Bryant. TB caught every crucial pass thrown his way. The D hung in there. Ike had a rough day and William G got beat a few times. Even the announcers were getting on the Steelers management about not having drafted a Cornerback in the first round since 1997 while the Bengals have drafted them the past few years in the first round. Dan Fouts and Ian Eagle did the game and Fouts said something like: "Maybe the Steelers need to change their philosophy" in terms of not drafting a Cornerback early on. I agree with this. It's time, it really is. Just give me one good one and start the next best one on the other side. I really believe our D would be so much better with just one really good one.

Agreed that we have to beat the Falcons to make this win stand up. Another NFC South opponent coming off of a short week. Steelers rarely play in domes so that worries me a bit. Seems like it could be a good game. If the Steelers can play motivated football like they did yesterday, they will have a good chance.

CB...I think the Bengals are a good example of why you DON'T draft CBs in the 1st round...lol. Hall at least starts, but clearly no match for any #1 WR, and Dennard is having trouble getting on the field in nickel. The 1st CB off the board went to CLE and he's having major trouble getting on the field too.

One of the tougher positions to project to the NFL lately.

I really like the kid from FL St...PJ Williams...I would take a chance on him early...the other kid from Mich St. Trae Waynes I might pick him in the 1st. Once you get past those guys...you probably start reaching and I don't want to do that.

If Haley calls a game like he did this one vs ATL...they will score enough points to win...my only concern would be if the DEF doesn't get to Ryan...Falcons OL have not handled blitzing well this season.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points, ATL. I probably didn't explain myself correctly. I feel that it's time the Steelers draft a CB early on. Now the Bengals are on the other end of the spectrum by continuing to draft CB's early a few years in a row. I don't agree with what the Bengals are doing. Just feel that we have needed better CB play for some time now and I hope we draft a solid CB somewhere in the first few rounds. Most of the draft is a crapshoot IMO.

Agree on Haley. It can be really frustrating. This Steelers team has so much talent and promise on O that it's hard to explain things like the Jets game. I don't expect Ben to throw 6 TD passes. However, this offense should be able to score enough to win against Atlanta.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points, ATL. I probably didn't explain myself correctly. I feel that it's time the Steelers draft a CB early on. Now the Bengals are on the other end of the spectrum by continuing to draft CB's early a few years in a row. I don't agree with what the Bengals are doing. Just feel that we have needed better CB play for some time now and I hope we draft a solid CB somewhere in the first few rounds. Most of the draft is a crapshoot IMO.

Agree on Haley. It can be really frustrating. This Steelers team has so much talent and promise on O that it's hard to explain things like the Jets game. I don't expect Ben to throw 6 TD passes. However, this offense should be able to score enough to win against Atlanta.

No...I understood and agree with you...was mostly kidding about CIN...losing Lewis to FA made a CB a priority sometime ago as you said...I think Gilbert was the target LY and CLE (thankfully) took him...why they chose to leave several CBs on the board and take Archer is still a mystery to me.

With Lebeau's DEF...CB is a tough position to be effective early...if they played mostly man, a young CB that played man in college can step right in...I'm pretty sure they will be looking at CB early this draft.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well can't argue with the offense, Bell, Ben, and Brown are outrageous. Haley called another good game, and the o-line was solid as usual.

DEF still don't understand the safety play at all, Mitchell and Troy are essentially useless against the pass (4 passed defense and 0 interceptions between two of them on the season!?). Would rather watch both Golden and Shamarko than a washed up Troy and a clueless Mitchell.

Amazing how much better the run D is with McClendon back. More Arthur Moats less James Harrison the rest of the season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well can't argue with the offense, Bell, Ben, and Brown are outrageous. Haley called another good game, and the o-line was solid as usual.

DEF still don't understand the safety play at all, Mitchell and Troy are essentially useless against the pass (4 passed defense and 0 interceptions between two of them on the season!?). Would rather watch both Golden and Shamarko than a washed up Troy and a clueless Mitchell.

Amazing how much better the run D is with McClendon back. More Arthur Moats less James Harrison the rest of the season.

I think Moats should be brought in more on passing downs because JH is the better OLB in run support. Just my opinion.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're wrong too.

I'll go with 35-28 Steelers. (Almost went with 24-21 Steelers but think there will be more scoring in this game than that)

Great pick...might need to figure out a lotto combo with those numbers!

Yes...time to get off this damn roller coaster and close this season out with a 4 game win streak.