• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way to whore yourself out southbay

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they ever going to connect the damn BART down to the South Bay?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's probably mostly out of laziness. Instead of having to explain where Los Gatos is, it's easier to just say "Bay Area" and be done with it.

It was actually a deliberate marketing ploy to appeal to Bay Area commuters. It was a way of making Tracy sound closer to the inner Bay Area than it actually is.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they ever going to connect the damn BART down to the South Bay?

No. Not in our lifetimes. There are plans to extend it to Livermore but I don't know when that is supposed to begin. Taking it down to the South Bay would be a big undertaking and with Caltrain already there I am guessing it isn't the highest priority.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not in our lifetimes. There are plans to extend it to Livermore but I don't know when that is supposed to begin. Taking it down to the South Bay would be a big undertaking and with Caltrain already there I am guessing it isn't the highest priority.
It is not a matter of "priority"
The reason BART doesn't extend to San Jose is, The San Jose leaders did not want to have convention attendees take Bart to San Francisco. Back when Bart was built, San Jose was a little farm town. They are still trying to "preserve" the South Bay identity. Bart would have made the South Bay a suburb.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason BART doesn't extend to San Jose is, The San Jose leaders did not want to have convention attendees take Bart to San Francisco. Back when Bart was built, San Jose was a little farm town. They are still trying to "preserve" the South Bay identity. Bart would have made the South Bay a suburb.....

And here I thought ATL metro was fickle about expanding mass transit....all the talk about reducing traffic by ADDING MORE ROADS is asinine. Funny, the counties that voted Marta down have the park n ride lots filled up with license plates from those counties...makes you wonder who is actually doing the voting?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is decades ago. Since that time voters approved funding to take BART to San Jose and Santa Clara. There is a station going in at Warm Springs and then to San Jose. But that is coming from the East Bay. If you are coming from SF, BART has to go over to the East bay and then down through Fremont to get to San Jose. Quite a long trek. The big issue with the jump into San Jose and Santa Clara has been funding and costs to complete that project has increased over time. Lot more hurdles getting through populated areas. BART won't extend from SF down the peninsula to Santa Clara and San Jose because Caltrain is already there.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is decades ago. Since that time voters approved funding to take BART to San Jose and Santa Clara. There is a station going in at Warm Springs and then to San Jose. But that is coming from the East Bay. If you are coming from SF, BART has to go over to the East bay and then down through Fremont to get to San Jose. Quite a long trek. The big issue with the jump into San Jose and Santa Clara has been funding and costs to complete that project has increased over time. Lot more hurdles getting through populated areas. BART won't extend from SF down the peninsula to Santa Clara and San Jose because Caltrain is already there.
So.......
San Jose will get BART but-
It will not be easy to get to San Fransisco.
Note: I used to love the CalTrain ride to Bay Meadows. I could do my handicapping on the train.....

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can afford a SB ticket just take a cab or rent a car. Why worry about taking any transit system?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mostly not being serious here. My initial point is that having the Niners play in Santa Clara while still calling them the San Francisco 49ers is pushing the limits of a team playing for one city over another.
Kind of like the Seattle Seahawks being in Portland?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw in some Anchor Steam and you've got a party.

Have been there, done that...except for the, you know, that part. Not that there's anything wrong with that though.

Drank a bunch of Anchor Steam's then went on a tour of that WWII submarine down there. Good times.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco is land locked with nowhere to grow but up. San Jose was around a million people last time I checked and still growing.

And that is just for the part that is called San Jose. It doesn't count Campbell, Cupertino, Sunnyvale etc.