• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way to whore yourself out southbay

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the NFL and fuck its Super Bowl. So now the area around the Super Bowl is San Francisco? I grew up maybe 5 miles from that site and lived in the city for 10 years after and you know what SF was good for? Meeting people from the east coast living in flats working the financial district. Just rename the team to the Santa Clara 49ers and call the location what it is. Santa Clara is a fine city. It's not big but it has character and there's a lot going on around it. Absolutely disgusting. That and the fact that they were breaking ground on some ridiculous attraction for a field that had a soccer tournament scheduled for. Yet another reason to not take the NFL seriously. They don't care about communities. They just want to pretty up some stage that they can make their bucks from.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the NFL and fuck its Super Bowl. So now the area around the Super Bowl is San Francisco? I grew up maybe 5 miles from that site and lived in the city for 10 years after and you know what SF was good for? Meeting people from the east coast living in flats working the financial district. Just rename the team to the Santa Clara 49ers and call the location what it is. Santa Clara is a fine city. It's not big but it has character and there's a lot going on around it. Absolutely disgusting. That and the fact that they were breaking ground on some ridiculous attraction for a field that had a soccer tournament scheduled for. Yet another reason to not take the NFL seriously. They don't care about communities. They just want to pretty up some stage that they can make their bucks from.
Color me stupid I was thinking sourdough, fisherman's wharf and homosexuals:doh:

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the San Francisco Bay Area. No one gives a shit about Santa Clara. They sure as fuck aren't going to spend tourist dollars to go there.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the San Francisco Bay Area. No one gives a shit about Santa Clara. They sure as fuck aren't going to spend tourist dollars to go there.

WTF are you talking about? The whole region boomed because of shit that was happening in the south bay. The south bay can stand on its own feet and it has for a long time. Santa Clara doesn't need to rename itself for the benefit of Goodell and the NFL. What a douchebag. He's clearly lost touch with reality.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? The whole region boomed because of shit that was happening in the south bay. The south bay can stand on its own feet and it has for a long time. Santa Clara doesn't need to rename itself for the benefit of Goodell and the NFL. What a douchebag. He's clearly lost touch with reality.

Santa Clara is not now nor will it ever be San Francisco. Sure, it's got some tech companies and a nice little real estate bubble fixing to pop, but it's not a destination. Not now. Not ever.

I would respectfully submit that the only person in this equation out of touch with reality is you.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we have to put New Jersey in front of the Giants and Jets, and Arlington in front of the Cowboys, and Maryland in front of the Redskins?
Why would we use states and cities:scratch: you cheese heads don't get out much do you?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arlington Cowboys has a nice ring to it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we have to put New Jersey in front of the Giants and Jets, and Arlington in front of the Cowboys, and Maryland in front of the Redskins?

If it was up to the tax payers in those cities, yes.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santa Clara is not now nor will it ever be San Francisco. Sure, it's got some tech companies and a nice little real estate bubble fixing to pop, but it's not a destination. Not now. Not ever.

I would respectfully submit that the only person in this equation out of touch with reality is you.

Yeah, right. Where's Apple? Where's Intel? Where's Cisco? Where's Ebay? Where's Google? Where's Yahoo? Where's just about every hot tech company in the bay area? Like I said, the south bay has been standing on its own feet for decades. San Francisco is a great city and it's a financial hub. But the point of hosting an event like that is to show off the community. You didn't see Palo Alto designating Stanford Stadium as part of San Francisco when the World Cup came to town. Here's a newsflash. People don't give a crap about the name of the community. They care about the event.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arlington Cowboys has a nice ring to it.

A team can call itself whatever they want. That's their perogative. This is the city that's bending over to Goodell and his goons and that's a different story.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, right. Where's Apple? Where's Intel? Where's Cisco? Where's Ebay? Where's Google? Where's Yahoo? Where's just about every hot tech company in the bay area? Like I said, the south bay has been standing on its own feet for decades. San Francisco is a great city and it's a financial hub. But the point of hosting an event like that is to show off the community. You didn't see Palo Alto designating Stanford Stadium as part of San Francisco when the World Cup came to town. Here's a newsflash. People don't give a crap about the name of the community. They care about the event.

Dude. No offense, but you're a fucking retard.

The Super Bowl is more than just a game. It's a week of events. Where are high-dollar visitors going to want to spend their time? In a world-class city with entertainment, culture and cuisine? Or maybe a series of corporate business parks with tech guys whizzing in and out in their Priuses? No fucking contest. No one is going to Santa Clara other than to see the game and then they're getting the fuck out to the City.

By the way, you white-knighting the South Bay while wearing Seahawks and Mariners logos is beyond ridiculous. Shut the fuck up, you fucking traitor. Take that fucking Warriors logo off your avatar while you're at it. You haven't earned it.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it even matter alot of teams are located in cities they aren't named after :scratch:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Super Bowl is more than just a game. It's a week of events. Where are high-dollar visitors going to want to spend their time? In a world-class city with entertainment, culture and cuisine? Or maybe a series of corporate business parks with tech guys whizzing in and out in their Priuses? No fucking contest. No one is going to Santa Clara other than to see the game and then they're getting the fuck out to the City.

By the way, you white-knighting the South Bay while wearing Seahawks and Mariners logos is beyond ridiculous. Shut the fuck up, you fucking traitor. Take that fucking Warriors logo off your avatar while you're at it. You haven't earned it.

Traitor? You know who I rooted for back in the 80's when the 49ers were rolling? EVERYBODY THAT WAS PLAYING THEM! And you can call me a fucktard for doing that because it was a fucktards existence and Joe Montana made my life hell back then. I moved up here 15 years ago and moved on to my life. This isn't about teams either. This is about Santa Clara apparently whoring itself out because they're just not good enough.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:markmay:

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traitor? You know who I rooted for back in the 80's when the 49ers were rolling? EVERYBODY THAT WAS PLAYING THEM! And you can call me a fucktard for doing that because it was a fucktards existence and Joe Montana made my life hell back then. I moved up here 15 years ago and moved on to my life. This isn't about teams either. This is about Santa Clara apparently whoring itself out because they're just not good enough.

You're dead to me. Never speak of the Bay Area again.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL! You can't do that to me! I actually watched Willie play at the stick! All I'm saying is that Santa Clara doesn't need to whore themselves out like this. It's a small community and everybody knows that the 49ers play there. It isn't a slight to San Francisco. It's about respecting the community that's hosting the game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what I sat through once? Atlee fucking Hammaker had a no hitter going into the 7th and i believed. He obviously didn't deliver but I BELIEVED for those few fleeting moments.