• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT Hoops

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's wrong to say this, but at this point I don't care. I'd love to see us get Karl Hess as a ref and for Jeff Allen to just suckerpunch his ass. He's had to put up with horses#it calls his entire career because of the one incident, and now this. What a racket. That's all

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont know how to feel about the NIT this year. Dont get me wrong i hope to we do really well, but even to win it would be a little disappointing imo. Maybe im a little biased but how many years can you be "on the bubble" "last four out" etc etc and not get in? Maybe im f___ing crazy but it seems that there is something a little iffy about that. Im not the type of fan to say "we got cheated", never have been thats just not me, but every year its the same thing idk just sickening. <--i know we hurt ourselves dropping those last 2 but i would have thought that beating a GOOD fsu would have gotten us in.

BTW: IMO if this next group of recruits doesnt get us deep into the dance at some point while they are here, then VT is destined not to ever make that run.

you, me, and all of the experts thought that.

some bullshit. VCU and UAB got at large bids over us? i mean come on

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to say that we did not get snubbed, because I do think that we did. However, the goal of the tournament is to crown a true champion, by letting in at least one rep from each conference (their champion) and determining the best setup to crown a true number 1 (CFB, are you paying attention). We were not going to factor into that. Therefoe the at large bids are nice, but in some sense trivial. I would have loved us to go. I think we deserved in over Gerogia, UAB etc....

That being said, if we do not lose twice to UVA, lose to GT or blow leads on multiple occasions, we are in and a likely 6-7 seed. The fact that we threw up all over ourselves after our programs biggest win ever didn't help either. I know we had injuries, but the fact that a team this talented was even on the bubble, and had to hope for an at large bid says how much of an underachievment this has been.

Were we snubbed....most likely

Can we bitch....it is tough to justify it

Just my two cents....

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really want to be pi$$ed, just take a look at this. Of the 89 “bracketologists” that predict these kind of things, 87 of 89 had VT in the Big Dance and 81 of 89 had Colorado in the Dance. By contrast, only 11 had UAB going, 15 had VCU going, 29 for USC, and 66 for Georgia.

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2011

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to say that we did not get snubbed, because I do think that we did. However, the goal of the tournament is to crown a true champion, by letting in at least one rep from each conference (their champion) and determining the best setup to crown a true number 1 (CFB, are you paying attention). We were not going to factor into that. Therefoe the at large bids are nice, but in some sense trivial. I would have loved us to go. I think we deserved in over Gerogia, UAB etc....

That being said, if we do not lose twice to UVA, lose to GT or blow leads on multiple occasions, we are in and a likely 6-7 seed. The fact that we threw up all over ourselves after our programs biggest win ever didn't help either. I know we had injuries, but the fact that a team this talented was even on the bubble, and had to hope for an at large bid says how much of an underachievment this has been.

Were we snubbed....most likely

Can we bitch....it is tough to justify it

Just my two cents....

Seth Greenburg>>>:hurt: (sorry guys..I had to do it! I like the new assortment of smilies)

Seriously though, I agree with you guys. VT did get snubbed and they certainly have a right to bitch. They should have gotten in over some of these other schools (UAB, VCU, USC, etc.). But bottom line is once again the team was VERY inconsistent down the stretch. If they win one of those last two games (BC, CLEM)..they are in. If they beat UVA or GT one of those 3 times that they lost..they are in. IF they win one more non conference game, or at least make them all close..they are probably in...Conversely, If the kid from FSU shoots that buzzer beater .2 seconds sooner in the ACCT..noone on TV is probably even having this conversation that we got snubbed.

It just wasn't in the cards. It sucks but we should all be used to this by now. It is unfortunate too that Delaney and Allen won't even get to taste the Dance. All we can do know is go out, beat the living hell out of everyone in the NIT, and prove to the NCAA committee that they blew it..(I think at this point in the day, they probably already know this).

Last edited by a moderator:

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Best reason why RPI is a joke: VT had 3 RPI top 50 wins against Duke, PSU, and FSU. By beating FSU in the ACCCT, FSU dropped 10 spots to drop out of the top 50. So VT went from 3 top 50 wins to only 2. What a joke.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was really surprised to see us come out as focused and composed as we did against bethune cookman. It was nice to see that we could maintain a lead and still rest the starters as much as possible, considering the way wichita likes to run the floor the extra rest may come in handy.

BTW: does anyone know anything about wichita? How do we match up?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really surprised to see us come out as focused and composed as we did against bethune cookman. It was nice to see that we could maintain a lead and still rest the starters as much as possible, considering the way wichita likes to run the floor the extra rest may come in handy.

BTW: does anyone know anything about wichita? How do we match up?

yeah i was actually a bit worried about the guys mindset going into last nights game...but it appears that they are out to prove a point. i was hoping all those minutes garland got last night would help him get over his nerves

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Random thought: it seems like "the light has come on" for manny atkins @ the right time. hopefully he continues to be a factor both behind the line and driving to the basket on offense and continues to grab some boards on d.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i have been impressed with atkins here lately, good some younger guys are stepping up now rather than a couple games into the season next year

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now apparently Victor Davilla may have a torn labrum. Geez, could we be any more snakebit? He still played 14 minutes with it last night and can probably still go with some painkillers, but man. The HokieBird is going to have to suit up soon.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And now apparently Victor Davilla may have a torn labrum. Geez, could we be any more snakebit? He still played 14 minutes with it last night and can probably still go with some painkillers, but man. The HokieBird is going to have to suit up soon.

Good NEWS!!!! according to the 2 doctors calling this game, davilla's shoulder is fine he's just faking.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
* Give Paul Debnam some credit for giving some decent minutes in the last 2 games
* Sad to see Jeff Allens last play as a Hokie was a BullSHIT foul
* Delaney's been a hell of a player but now that the seasons over i dont feel bad about saying i wont miss him.
* IMO we lost this game because of poor shot selection and lack of rebounding

Overall an average VT basketball season: getting left outa the NIT and dropping a close second round NIT game. Got to give the team credit for even being here with the depleted roster, makes you think about the difference those guys could've/would've made. Oh well, cant wait 'til next year as Im really excited about the possibilities for next years team. Until then i'll enjoy the next 9 months of football.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well I disagree about Allen's foul and Delaney. JA went out of his way to block the guy. There was a flop, but it was typical JA as he had no business being there. Coupled that with his reputation and the ref eyeing him the entire way, it was basically a fitting way for him to go out. He just could never play his way out of foul trouble.

And with Delaney, kid gave it his all in his last game. He virtually played the entire season's minutes with no complaint. He was our best player the last four years and will be missed by me. He was alot tougher and smarter than we give him credit for.