• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT Hoops

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I disagree about Allen's foul and Delaney. JA went out of his way to block the guy. There was a flop, but it was typical JA as he had no business being there. Coupled that with his reputation and the ref eyeing him the entire way, it was basically a fitting way for him to go out. He just could never play his way out of foul trouble.

And with Delaney, kid gave it his all in his last game. He virtually played the entire season's minutes with no complaint. He was our best player the last four years and will be missed by me. He was alot tougher and smarter than we give him credit for.

Despite the loss today, we still got screwed by the NCAA. Exhibit A is what FSU is doing to Notre Dame. Yeah, we beat this team twice, and No. 1 Duke. Has a conference in any sport been more overrated then this year's Big East Hoops?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Give Paul Debnam some credit for giving some decent minutes in the last 2 games
* Sad to see Jeff Allens last play as a Hokie was a BullSHIT foul
* Delaney's been a hell of a player but now that the seasons over i dont feel bad about saying i wont miss him.
* IMO we lost this game because of poor shot selection and lack of rebounding

Overall an average VT basketball season: getting left outa the NIT and dropping a close second round NIT game. Got to give the team credit for even being here with the depleted roster, makes you think about the difference those guys could've/would've made. Oh well, cant wait 'til next year as Im really excited about the possibilities for next years team. Until then i'll enjoy the next 9 months of football.

not sure how, as a Hokie fan you can say you wont miss Delaney being on our team.

Seemed to me like we outplayed Wichita St the entire game, it just wasnt ever reflected on the score board.

The more i saw that 5th foul on Jeff, the more BS i think it was, JA didnt step into him or anything like that, the dude just straight up ran into him, flopped and got the foul called on him.

Also, anyone else think there may have been a foul on Delaney in the last second there? Camera didnt have a great angle on it, so its hard to say from our view point, and the ref who called him out of bounds had a better view i guess.

And was Davila's shoulder getting to him? He only had 3 fouls and didnt play at all down the stretch.

Disappointing way to end the season (man does this feel familiar), but i am hopeful and excited for next season with a top 20 class coming in

Best of luck to all our seniors

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure how, as a Hokie fan you can say you wont miss Delaney being on our team.

Seemed to me like we outplayed Wichita St the entire game, it just wasnt ever reflected on the score board.

The more i saw that 5th foul on Jeff, the more BS i think it was, JA didnt step into him or anything like that, the dude just straight up ran into him, flopped and got the foul called on him.

Also, anyone else think there may have been a foul on Delaney in the last second there? Camera didnt have a great angle on it, so its hard to say from our view point, and the ref who called him out of bounds had a better view i guess.

And was Davila's shoulder getting to him? He only had 3 fouls and didnt play at all down the stretch.

Disappointing way to end the season (man does this feel familiar), but i am hopeful and excited for next season with a top 20 class coming in

Best of luck to all our seniors

In my opinion, there was no difference between the play with Delaney at the end and the play at the end of the Butler-Pitt game where Butler's Shelden Mack fouled the Pitt guy with 1.8 seconds left. I guess that's the difference between NCAA and NIT refs.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
"not sure how, as a Hokie fan you can say you wont miss Delaney being on our team"

FWIW: Im not saying delaney was a bad player just that *I* wont miss him. I honestly just never cared for his style of play. IMO he became way to dependent on the flop/foul and never seemed to finish around the basket. There were countless times he'd be trying to either argue a foul with the refs or just laying on the floor and wouldnt get back on defense, also tons of times he'd try to flop on jumpers and would miss the shot because of bad mechanics because he was worried about the "and 1". I also think that a PG is like a QB in football thats the guy the team is supposed to rally around and i dont think MD was that guy.

Again i know that MD was very valuable to VT, i realize that without him the last 4 years would have been very different. i knew most would disagree when i said that i wouldnt miss him but im just ready for another chapter in VT basketball.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"not sure how, as a Hokie fan you can say you wont miss Delaney being on our team"

FWIW: Im not saying delaney was a bad player just that *I* wont miss him. I honestly just never cared for his style of play. IMO he became way to dependent on the flop/foul and never seemed to finish around the basket. There were countless times he'd be trying to either argue a foul with the refs or just laying on the floor and wouldnt get back on defense, also tons of times he'd try to flop on jumpers and would miss the shot because of bad mechanics because he was worried about the "and 1". I also think that a PG is like a QB in football thats the guy the team is supposed to rally around and i dont think MD was that guy.

Again i know that MD was very valuable to VT, i realize that without him the last 4 years would have been very different. i knew most would disagree when i said that i wouldnt miss him but im just ready for another chapter in VT basketball.

fair enough, at times he was a bit frustrating how he was more concerned with getting the foul called than making the bucket, but i wouldnt have traded him or his game for anyone...all that being said, i am excited to see how Green and Hudson run the show next year, along with the new guys (hopefully Davila continues to progress, and i hope to god Tyrone Garland gets its clicking in the off season!!) it'll ne nice to have thompson back, and i hope chaney can get back on the court

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
"And was Davila's shoulder getting to him? He only had 3 fouls and didnt play at all down the stretch"

yeah im pretty sure davila either re-injured or just re-agrevated his shoulder. I had a labrum tear about ten years ago it can be fine one minute and drop you to your knees the next <-------- can vary depending on exact injury and person. I decided to go the non surgical route and still to this day get really sore after doing certain things I.E. overhead painting, more than an hour of passing football, etc

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice article from Berman at RT about next year's B-Ball team

Reinforcements coming next season for Hokies' men's basketball team - Roanoke.com

Maybe there won't be as much drop-off as I oroginally thought if some of these recruits can come in and contribute immediately. Just from what I have read this will probably be the best class Greenburg has brought in as a whole.
I do think Allen and Delaney will be sorely missed though.