• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT Hoops

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was there a game or something this weekend?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Allen's remark on the post celebration after the crowd stormed the court (KT's blog).

ON THE POST-GAME CELEBRATION: “I got pushed around a lot. I felt like I got bullied.”

What a wuss! :)

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well last night's game was super terrible

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well last night's game was super terrible

I was sitting in a bar watching it with some friends. They were done from the beginning. What a letdown, and on senior night at that. Looks like we still have some work to do to get into the tourny.

That being said, i have seen us projected as anything from an 8 to a 13. I would rather be on the lower end of that honestly, because I want no part of a 1 seed in the second round. I would like to break the sweet sixteen wall this year.

It is also days like today that I am glad that ESPN has become my, "oh why not check it out today" board.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's game wasn't that great either. Looks like we'll have to make a run in the ACCT to get into the NCAAT. However, I'm not quite sure if they'd deserve to be a tourney team even then. There is such a watered down field this year along with the additional 3 teams getting in that actually gives us a chance, but this team has shown no consistency at all.

Yes, a great win against Duke. Then two horrible performances that could have locked up a bid against beatable teams. Coupled with the sweep by UVA and pitiful blowout loss to GT, this team would never have gotten a chance to be on the bubble in years past.

I've been hearing some rumors about Seth and how he may be let go if we fail to reach the NCAAT again. While he has pretty much built the program to where it's at now, consistency has always been an issue. We play to the level of our opponent and many times lose to inferior teams. I'd like to see how he does with the new class coming in next year, but I'm sure there will be some heat under his seat throughout the year.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's game wasn't that great either. Looks like we'll have to make a run in the ACCT to get into the NCAAT. However, I'm not quite sure if they'd deserve to be a tourney team even then. There is such a watered down field this year along with the additional 3 teams getting in that actually gives us a chance, but this team has shown no consistency at all.

Yes, a great win against Duke. Then two horrible performances that could have locked up a bid against beatable teams. Coupled with the sweep by UVA and pitiful blowout loss to GT, this team would never have gotten a chance to be on the bubble in years past.

I've been hearing some rumors about Seth and how he may be let go if we fail to reach the NCAAT again. While he has pretty much built the program to where it's at now, consistency has always been an issue. We play to the level of our opponent and many times lose to inferior teams. I'd like to see how he does with the new class coming in next year, but I'm sure there will be some heat under his seat throughout the year.

the way the past 2 games have gone, we dont look like we deserve to be in the tourney...as for seth being let go, i dont see it happen. the students love him and he has done very good for playing the season with 8 scholarship guys and 2 starters out for the year.

posted this in the other thread:

personally, i dont think seth should be on the hot seat in the least....to have us in the position we are in, sitting at #5 in the acc, just knocking off the #1 team in the country...and doing so with out 2 of our starters and 2 other scholarship players is pretty good.

i do not blame the BC or Clemson game on Greenberg, he can only do so much...no amount of coaching can change the lackluster play, Greenberg can get the guys up, and has plenty of times....but he can only do so much. From the sideline he cant make our guys stop the lazy passes resulting in 10+ turnovers in one half, he cant make the guys rebound, he cant make the shots go in....that is all on the players...

and if someone is playing bad, or needs a minute to calm down and try to get their game back....its not exactly like he can go to his bench this year...if delaney or greene need to come out, tyrone fucking garland comes in and commits 5 turnovers and 8 missed shots within 2 minutes (i hate him if you cant tell).

anyways, my point is this...IMO, all things considered, seth has done a great job with what he has got this year....sure we definitely should have won against BC and Clemson, or even if not won, we should have played much better...but again, terrible play like that i feel falls more to the players than greenberg.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last night was nice, the boys really came out focused, determined and ready to ball...lets hope we can keep it going tonight! GO HOKIES!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, after that first run, I kept waiting for the bottom to drop out and GT to go on that 14-2 run to get back into it but every time it looked like it was starting (read as, Garland came in) they squelched it. A win over FSU solidifies our spot. Let's not leave it up to the selection committee this time.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, after that first run, I kept waiting for the bottom to drop out and GT to go on that 14-2 run to get back into it but every time it looked like it was starting (read as, Garland came in) they squelched it. A win over FSU solidifies our spot. Let's not leave it up to the selection committee this time.

seriously...i texted my buddy last night..."Garland has been in 15 seconds and already missed a shot and had a turnover"....god i hate him.

at one point GT did have like a 8-0 run, but we got control quick enough. I too was expecting our typical M.O. of getting out of the gates quick...getting a nice double digit lead, then end up being a 3-4 point game, but i was presently surprised.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously...i texted my buddy last night..."Garland has been in 15 seconds and already missed a shot and had a turnover"....god i hate him.

at one point GT did have like a 8-0 run, but we got control quick enough. I too was expecting our typical M.O. of getting out of the gates quick...getting a nice double digit lead, then end up being a 3-4 point game, but i was presently surprised.

I have this sneaking suspicion that garland will end up a good player but I scream at the top of my lungs "CALM THE FUCK DOWN KID" as soon as I see him take the court. He is terrified out there...:L

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this sneaking suspicion that garland will end up a good player but I scream at the top of my lungs "CALM THE FUCK DOWN KID" as soon as I see him take the court. He is terrified out there...:L

yeah i mean, i heard he was one of the best scorers in philadelphia history for high schoolers...but every time he gets in, its like he is in too much of a hurry to try to make a name for himself, and either dribbles too much, tosses up an ill-advised shot, or something...hopefully he will grow and mature as a player this off season, as he will be getting more PT next year...we'll see, but i'm sure he'll come around eventually

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i mean, i heard he was one of the best scorers in philadelphia history for high schoolers...but every time he gets in, its like he is in too much of a hurry to try to make a name for himself, and either dribbles too much, tosses up an ill-advised shot, or something...hopefully he will grow and mature as a player this off season, as he will be getting more PT next year...we'll see, but i'm sure he'll come around eventually

He's got great offensive moves. I think he will eventually become a good one once he learns to control himself and to play within the flow of the game. Right now, he still doesn't quite "get it."
So glad we came out and played loose last night and went for blood instead of playing tight and scared like we have been doing lately. Hopefully that continues tonight.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I did my username twice in my pants at the end of that game. AWESOME. We should finally be in the BIG DANCE!!!!!!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets beat duke today eh?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
NO ncaa's???? The curse continues.

what a bunch of horse shit!!!!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, there is a st of rules for everybody else, then a set of rules for Virginia Tech. From now on, if we don't go undefeated, might as well forget about it.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I really dont know how to feel about the NIT this year. Dont get me wrong i hope to we do really well, but even to win it would be a little disappointing imo. Maybe im a little biased but how many years can you be "on the bubble" "last four out" etc etc and not get in? Maybe im f___ing crazy but it seems that there is something a little iffy about that. Im not the type of fan to say "we got cheated", never have been thats just not me, but every year its the same thing idk just sickening. <--i know we hurt ourselves dropping those last 2 but i would have thought that beating a GOOD fsu would have gotten us in.

BTW: IMO if this next group of recruits doesnt get us deep into the dance at some point while they are here, then VT is destined not to ever make that run.