• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Purdy - Keep the faith or bench?

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy had a horrible game this past weekend, throwing 4 INT's and had -4 points for the day. He also went out with a stinger. He did throw for 255 yards and had 18 completions (within average for the past 5 games.) That game was against the Ravens. This week, he faces the Commanders D which is ranked 32.

Aside from his injury, did he get rattled? Can I trust him to bounce back, or go look for a hidden gem in the player pool?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy had a horrible game this past weekend, throwing 4 INT's and had -4 points for the day. He also went out with a stinger. He did throw for 255 yards and had 18 completions (within average for the past 5 games.) That game was against the Ravens. This week, he faces the Commanders D which is ranked 32.

Aside from his injury, did he get rattled? Can I trust him to bounce back, or go look for a hidden gem in the player pool?
He'll bounce back against Washington. Biggest worry would be they get so far ahead early that they pound the run the rest of the way.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd start him. The Niners tee off on bad offenses, he's going to have several short fields

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt the player pool has any options I'd prefer over Purdy. Maybe if you're other option was a probable stud, that'd be different

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be fine. Without knowing the other options, I'd feel pretty good playing him

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest worry would be they get so far ahead early that they pound the run the rest of the way.
:agree:
Pretty sure they need to win the next 2 to get home field advantage.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
Pretty sure they need to win the next 2 to get home field advantage.
Philly, Detriot and SF all 11-4, Dallas at 10-5. Home feild AND only one team receiving a first round bye.. everyone will have plenty to play for, all game, both weekends I would imagine.

This playoff format REALLY should cause all fantasy leagues to rethink the ridiculous 'we don't bother with the final week' nonsense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly, Detriot and SF all 11-4, Dallas at 10-5. Home feild AND only one team receiving a first round bye.. everyone will have plenty to play for, all game, both weekends I would imagine.

This playoff format REALLY should cause all fantasy leagues to rethink the ridiculous 'we don't bother with the final week' nonsense.
My money league I inherited commish duties of, goes to the finish.

For divisions and points, but our SB is still this weekend.

If the #2 seed loses in the SB, it’ll be a wild weekend week 18.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money league I inherited commish duties of, goes to the finish.

For divisions and points, but our SB is still this weekend.

If the #2 seed loses in the SB, it’ll be a wild weekend week 18.
My little pissant friend's and family one runs all the way through. semi's this weekend, finals next. Never really understood not scoring the last week, if teams really do have nothing to play for and rest their starters, it just adds another level of strategy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My little pissant friend's and family one runs all the way through. semi's this weekend, finals next. Never really understood not scoring the last week, if teams really do have nothing to play for and rest their starters, it just adds another level of strategy.
At some point we came to a compromise that having the playoffs end the second to last week was the safe play.

Everyone makes the playoffs, so it wasn’t tough. (1-4 in points get first round byes)

Having every owner play thru the finish is key. But that’s always key really.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t know man.

I like wrapping up the week before.

Too much uncertainty of who is going to play and how much. I don’t think that adds strategy as much as it just makes the outcome far more flukey.

I don’t want flukey deciding the championship game.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know man.

I like wrapping up the week before.

Too much uncertainty of who is going to play and how much. I don’t think that adds strategy as much as it just makes the outcome far more flukey.

I don’t want flukey deciding the championship game.
Cuz Amari Cooper going for 260 and 2, or Kamara scoring 6 tuddies, isn't flukey?

Flukey happens every week, be it 1, 6, or 18

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz Amari Cooper going for 260 and 2, or Kamara scoring 6 tuddies, isn't flukey?

Flukey happens every week, be it 1, 6, or 18

Different kind of flukey.

If my best players are on teams who have clinched spots and yours aren’t…

I get screwed.

Or vice versa.

No thanks.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To paraphrasse First Gump-
Flukey is as flukey does
To loosely quote Gump:
'Your argument ain't got no legs Lt Dan."

It's bad enough some matchups don't pan out. Don't want the added ambiguousness of playoffs clinching or gonna-sit-this-guy-cause-hes-banged-up scenarios to impact fantasy playoffs too.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stick with him. Every QB has an occasional bad game.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To loosely quote Gump:

It's bad enough some matchups don't pan out. Don't want the added ambiguousness of playoffs clinching or gonna-sit-this-guy-cause-hes-banged-up scenarios to impact fantasy playoffs too.
Point taken, but you get that any given week too.

'If this was the playoffs he'd be out there'... we hear it every week on one game or the other

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To loosely quote Gump:

IM actually on the other side of this argument... who would think i am in agreement with Treff...

but only in REDRAFTS... the way i see it, there are only 2 teams alive.... only 2 teams that will do transactions... if they are so stubborn to only use their players from previous weeks they deserve to lose...

its a lot like DFS... MAKE THE BEST LINEUP AS YOU CAN... that to me sounds more fun than i fear week 18 because my players might not play....

I would not be opposed to having all eliminated teams rosters being emptied... actually i kind of like that better, if the Commish is willing to commish...