• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pickup on Phillips. He wasn't a need for UVa, but we definitely wanted him.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pickup on Phillips. He wasn't a need for UVa, but we definitely wanted him.

Who are you kidding?....everyone is a need for UVA!

I like what I am hearing from Cam Phillips.....
DeMatha WR Cam Phillips commits to Virginia Tech

“I try to model my game after [Stefon Diggs] a little bit,” Phillips said. :drool:

"His best game was last season’s opener against Hillside (N.C.), when he caught seven balls for 145 yards and scored four touchdowns." That would be the same Hillside that VT de-commit, Kalen McCain, plays for.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling better about Ricky Walker after checking his twitter. Pretty much the only interaction (Conversation & Retweets) he's had related to football recently have been about VT. He's asked JC and Dadi Nicolas about when camp starts and RT Reavis, Derrick Hopkins, and the official VT football account (the tweet that said VT has the best CFB fans!).

I know he's not a lock, but I think another college would have to absolutely blow him away in order to get him. I just think having so many people he knows here is a hard thing to beat. "Family atmosphere" if you will.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agree ... He's far from a lock but it would be very surprising to me if we didn't get Walker.

I would be almost equally surprised if we didn't land Nnadi at this point though he seems a little harder to read.

Minor, according to several really good sources, will VERY likely be a Hokie.

Jay Payton named VT his favorite and if he can get his grades in order, would be surprised if he weren't a Hokie.

You land those 4 and another LB/DB, you're talking a solid solid defensive class to go with the offensive class.

We may or may not land Izzo. It depends on if he wants to stay close and win.
We'll get another WR or 2 as well. If we could land both Josh Malone and Noah Brown, we'd figure out how to take them both. Maybe Cabrera if he visits. Our future WR recruiting is bright IMO. Moorehead seems to be making way up in DMV in important spots. Jalen Christian, Tino Ellis, come on down

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting Walker, Nnadi, Simmons, and Minor at this point and hoping for Brown and Izzo. People would still bitch about that class because of some of the big misses, but that is one hell of a recruiting class if it comes to fruition. Even most of the 3 stars in that class would be borderline 4 IMO.

bharm15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We'll get walker just a matter of time. Heard brown was planning to visit this month too which could help our case alot if he actually does

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just saw Reavis and a girl (It said in her bio she is a VT lacrosse commit from PA and is clearly friends with Shai) having a conversation with Shai McKenzie talking about him visiting Blacksburg. He mentions that he might be here for the last home game vs Maryland but also says it's not a done deal. He also says it might be his last visit which obviously would be great because we all know how big it is to have the last word in recruiting. But like I mentioned he said it's not a done deal so we'll just have to wait and see.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple other things regarding Shai McKenzie from twitter.

Couple of days ago
"Not taking any official visits until after September...I still have an idea who I'm visiting but not sure"

Today
"Yes My top 5 has changed & I'm not telling to what "

Also from today (around the same time Shai CJ & the girl had the convo), someone told Reavis "Top 2 for Shai Mckenzie!!! Keep up the good work!!!" via the 'ask' thing on twitter but whenever someone uses the 'ask' it appears as an anonymous post so can't really tell if it's reliable. Maybe the person has subscriber info and saw it, or it could be just total crap. Who knows. (I will say I found it interesting that the girl favorited the tweet so could it be a plot twist where she actually heard from Shai and "anonymously" told CJ via 'ask'?) haha I spend way too much time reading into this shit. lol

One last thing is that when CJ jokingly tweeted to Shai if he was going to commit to VT on that visit, Ricky Walker RT that which reinforces my feelings about Walker I stated earlier.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple other things regarding Shai McKenzie from twitter.

Couple of days ago
"Not taking any official visits until after September...I still have an idea who I'm visiting but not sure"

Today
"Yes My top 5 has changed & I'm not telling to what "

Also from today (around the same time Shai CJ & the girl had the convo), someone told Reavis "Top 2 for Shai Mckenzie!!! Keep up the good work!!!" via the 'ask' thing on twitter but whenever someone uses the 'ask' it appears as an anonymous post so can't really tell if it's reliable. Maybe the person has subscriber info and saw it, or it could be just total crap. Who knows. (I will say I found it interesting that the girl favorited the tweet so could it be a plot twist where she actually heard from Shai and "anonymously" told CJ via 'ask'?) haha I spend way too much time reading into this shit. lol

One last thing is that when CJ jokingly tweeted to Shai if he was going to commit to VT on that visit, Ricky Walker RT that which reinforces my feelings about Walker I stated earlier.

:typing: Wow! That is some undercover work right there.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just saw Reavis and a girl (It said in her bio she is a VT lacrosse commit from PA and is clearly friends with Shai) having a conversation with Shai McKenzie talking about him visiting Blacksburg. He mentions that he might be here for the last home game vs Maryland but also says it's not a done deal. He also says it might be his last visit which obviously would be great because we all know how big it is to have the last word in recruiting. But like I mentioned he said it's not a done deal so we'll just have to wait and see.

saw that, but I read it to say the "not a done deal" part was in response to CJ's assertion that he was going to commit to VT. He did say it would be an official visit, and probably his last.

Shai: (to Alex) we going to have a good weekend together or Na at V Tech ?
Shai: (to Alex) last home game ! Maryland
Alex: we're gonna have a great weekend lol not even a question!! is it an official?
Shai: yeah
CJ: I'm in there too foo . You gone commit that weekend ?
Shai: (to both Alex and CJ) :)
Alex: yes he is.. cuz we're gonna show him a great time and plus it's VT lol
Shai: funny lol and that might be my last visit date I think
CJ: IT'S A DONE DEAL
Shai: ehh I don't know lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"His best game was last season’s opener against Hillside (N.C.), when he caught seven balls for 145 yards and scored four touchdowns." That would be the same Hillside that VT de-commit, Kalen McCain, plays for.

That is pretty impressive against a pretty good HS football team with several other offered players (williams and Thompson). DeMatha is a powerhouse and it would be great to get in there good with them. We will never get all the good players from DeMatha, Woodson, or Good Counsel...but those are important schools to have a very good relationship with.

I am excited about this Phillips kid.

Castanza

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tech is in Shai Mckenzie's top 2 along with Pitt. He's coming to a game in the fall and then deciding in early jan I read.

Castanza

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bharm you mentioned you think Walker will commit soon is he the 4 star you mentioned a while back?

bharm15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah. not sure why it didnt happen at camp but I'd say hes about as close to a lock as he can be

Castanza

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool..... Any clue when he might commit he seems to be enjoying the recruiting process along with Minor. Nnadi is waiting till Nov or Dec to commit so hopefully we get Walker and Minor soon. Can't wait to see who the unexpected commit is that Reavis tweeted about!!!

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Taylor recruiting Shai McKenzie.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ShaiMcK_5">@ShaiMcK_5</a> 66,000 fans packed into one of the toughest places to play in the country, 20 straight bowl games. Come join us! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23HokieNation&amp;src=hash">#HokieNation</a></p>&mdash; Brady Taylor (@beTaylor56) <a href="https://twitter.com/beTaylor56/statuses/363122880780845056">August 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroman picks the good guys!! That is even more of a surprise to me than Brady Taylor. Maybe he couldn't resist after seeing the latest Dozer/Strawther flick.

Last edited by a moderator:

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Stonewall Jackson (Manassas, VA) class of 2014 athlete Greg Stroman will attend Virginia Tech.</p>&mdash; Chris Horne (@ChrisHorneSW) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisHorneSW/statuses/363728396594847747">August 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>