• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can anyone tell me what went wrong with recruiting this class, lots of talent we're losing out on and alot of excuses why.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have six guys rated 4 star or higher in 247:

Mihota
Harrison
Williams
Reavis
McMillian
Ford

How many other years have we had 6 this early? The big ones were very big this year so it seems like a sinking ship bit it really isn't.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Mihota
Harrison
Williams
Reavis
McMillian
Ford

How many other years have we had 6 this early? The big ones were very big this year so it seems like a sinking ship bit it really isn't.

Good point. Sometimes fans focus on the recruits we miss rather than the ones we get. We have some very good recruits this year.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mihota
Harrison
Williams
Reavis
McMillian
Ford

There were a lot more available this year, though. And in-state one's. Even last year, you know we were all looking to the 2014 class to be very, very special. It is hard to not consider it somewhat of a let down thus far.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot more available this year, though. And in-state one's. Even last year, you know we were all looking to the 2014 class to be very, very special. It is hard to not consider it somewhat of a let down thus far.

....especially when VT was the perceived leader for a couple of these players. And then to see that cluster f*ck up in C-ville pull in a couple of the top guys makes me think something is "out of whack" with VT's recruiting tactics.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Any thoughts on the coaching changes WRT this recruiting class? I don't know who OCain, Newsome, and Sherman were in contact with before their departure or how that transition may be seen by the recruits. I think it could be a contributor for a couple of recruits, maybe. Hopefully we see a long term bump up after this perceived short term dip.

It really doesn't seem that out of the ordinary so far WRT big recruits. Hopefully, the staff pushes forward.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe London is working with his old police friends to get some stuff expunged off of some records....

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
....especially when VT was the perceived leader for a couple of these players. And then to see that cluster f*ck up in C-ville pull in a couple of the top guys makes me think something is "out of whack" with VT's recruiting tactics.

I gotta admit, that seems very, very wrong.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pet down, yes. However when you are in the game for top national recruits you lose a lot more than you win.

As far as the new coaches and Stineys new role, it may take a couple seasons for them to develop and foster relationships. Frank Beamer NEEDS to be more involved though, IMO. When your top name doesn't do mic recruiting it hurts a lot.

I think we are on the right track and though 2014 is a bit of a letdown it is still the third straight would class that is a step a ice the usual (Caleb, Ekanem, Edmunds and JC then Fuller Teller and Bucky etc...)

We do beat the big guys now and then and we used to have no real shot.

Think about our misses who we had a legit shot with: Hand to Bama or Michigan, Cornwell to Bama, Holmes likely to OSU or FSU, and Park to georgia. Those are big time programs.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 lists Xavier Burke as a SDE/TE. Are we taking him as a TE or whichever works better?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pet down, yes. However when you are in the game for top national recruits you lose a lot more than you win.

As far as the new coaches and Stineys new role, it may take a couple seasons for them to develop and foster relationships. Frank Beamer NEEDS to be more involved though, IMO. When your top name doesn't do mic recruiting it hurts a lot.

I think we are on the right track and though 2014 is a bit of a letdown it is still the third straight would class that is a step a ice the usual (Caleb, Ekanem, Edmunds and JC then Fuller Teller and Bucky etc...)

We do beat the big guys now and then and we used to have no real shot.

Think about our misses who we had a legit shot with: Hand to Bama or Michigan, Cornwell to Bama, Holmes likely to OSU or FSU, and Park to georgia. Those are big time programs.

Also heard that Beamer was on vacation when Cornwell visited. Not sure if that's true but if it is - it doesn't help us that's for sure. I understand everyone needs their vacation, but if this is true, it would seem that he could try and work with Cornwell to visit after he gets back, etc.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to watch some Ford film today online and he looks real good. I am excited to get this kid. He is very accurate it seems. Makes some good reads. He has very good mobility and uses it to set up the pass very well.

ifdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gotta admit, I originally thought the best QB on the table for us was Park; was never completely sold on Cornwell. But all bias aside, its almost like the more you watch Ford on film the better he appears. I think its the little things that will make him special.

Aside from the south paw similarities, I think this kid has a lot of Kellen Moore in him with regards to accuracy and just sheer command of his offense. He also seems like a willing learner and not another blue chip diva. I think we got the right kid here.

I would love to see what Bucky is all about but Ford seems like the guy that will out pace all the more naturally gifted guys when its all said and done.

Obrian84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have an All-American on our hands if he is anywhere near Kellen Moore's accuracy and command. Ford has the measurables that Kellen lacked. If you increase his arm strength and get a running game behind him, watch out.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to add Lamont Simmons to the first page target list.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street is that Jalyn Holmes is going to announce tonight for Urban and the Browneyes.........

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU

At least it's someone we don't play....oh wait