• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the word on Holland Fisher, Jacorien Payton and Shawn Payne?

Last edited by a moderator:

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What has Jimbo been feeding recruits the past few years?....

images

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bankroll ....</p>&mdash; ±PKG/®/Die¥ (@BANKROLL_13) <a href="https://twitter.com/BANKROLL_13/statuses/430859352803516416">February 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Harrison would have lasted in Blacksburg....I foresee troubles in his future. Of course his demeanor fits right in at FSU.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Harrison would have lasted in Blacksburg....I foresee troubles in his future. Of course his demeanor fits right in at FSU.

I think he will last there. Don't know how well it would go in Blacksburg, but man he has talent. Of course I don't know him and I'm just mostly going off of what he puts on twitter. I said about a month ago I would rather have Isaiah Ford because of this.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

of course, I doubt we would think such a thing had he stayed on with VT :whistle:

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
of course, I doubt we would think such a thing had he stayed on with VT :whistle:

I've been saying similar things for months. I'm sure the posts are still there... Of course we would love to have his talent.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is in

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying similar things for months. I'm sure the posts are still there... Of course we would love to have his talent.

was just a joke
sswde.gif

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Santamaria signed as well. Guess that answers the question of whether that was a scholarship offer. Added him to the front page.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10-12 kicker in the country.

Also, Carson Wise has accepted a preferred walk-on opp. at VT.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not at all. And let's be honest here, it's not like our roster (or any for that matter) is filled with choir boys..

Well looks like Harrison is officially a Nole. I am much happier now that Ford appears to be headed to BBurg.

Any names you are hearing on late offers 46??

Last edited by a moderator:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've held back on my feelings about Harrison but now that he's officially flipped to FSU, I will say this ...

As far as athletic ability, he has .. by far .. the most upside of any WR in this class IMO. That means dick though.

You look at how kid's like Cam Phillips, Isaiah Ford, Bradshaw ... etc carry themselves and then you look at his twitter page and think to yourself (in some ways) .. they can have him. Word is that he will probably end up at safety at FSU.

Good luck to the kid and I can understand why he'd want to stay closer to home ... but I'll take our WR pull anyday. McKenzie would've been nice but after the way he handled the last week, he has some growing up to do as well.

As far as DL --- it has been a disappointment but we'll get ours and we'll be back. I think that the program has been faced with a lot of adversity over the last few years and a lot of uncertainty. That's hurt our recruiting. Our issues in the 757 need to be cleared up.

But bottom line --- we have to start winning. Look at these big recruits that we've missed on to out-of-state programs (Hand, Holmes, Nnadi) and what do they all have in common? They're going to play for winners ... period. They don't shy away from competition. Try to tell a kid who is being pumped up beyond ridiculousness that he will have an easier path to playing time at VT. That's a weak ass argument and shows how weak the program is. We have to start winning.

Second -- we should venture up north more and down south less. The SEC/Florida school lure is just too great to pull most of these kids away. Not saying we should abandon the lower states but there are A LOT of great talent in the Northeast and Midwest. The B1G is down. We've shown that we can recruit these areas this year (NJ, PA, even Indiana, Ohio). Let's concentrate on there a little more.

Third -- Figure out what is going on in the 757 and fix it. Not saying you need to kiss ass but need to learn how to play the game. Not sure how much of what I've read the last few days is true -- but something has to give.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've held back on my feelings about Harrison but now that he's officially flipped to FSU, I will say this ...

As far as athletic ability, he has .. by far .. the most upside of any WR in this class IMO. That means dick though.

You look at how kid's like Cam Phillips, Isaiah Ford, Bradshaw ... etc carry themselves and then you look at his twitter page and think to yourself (in some ways) .. they can have him. Word is that he will probably end up at safety at FSU.

Good luck to the kid and I can understand why he'd want to stay closer to home ... but I'll take our WR pull anyday. McKenzie would've been nice but after the way he handled the last week, he has some growing up to do as well.

As far as DL --- it has been a disappointment but we'll get ours and we'll be back. I think that the program has been faced with a lot of adversity over the last few years and a lot of uncertainty. That's hurt our recruiting. Our issues in the 757 need to be cleared up.

But bottom line --- we have to start winning. Look at these big recruits that we've missed on to out-of-state programs (Hand, Holmes, Nnadi) and what do they all have in common? They're going to play for winners ... period. They don't shy away from competition. Try to tell a kid who is being pumped up beyond ridiculousness that he will have an easier path to playing time at VT. That's a weak ass argument and shows how weak the program is. We have to start winning.

Second -- we should venture up north more and down south less. The SEC/Florida school lure is just too great to pull most of these kids away. Not saying we should abandon the lower states but there are A LOT of great talent in the Northeast and Midwest. The B1G is down. We've shown that we can recruit these areas this year (NJ, PA, even Indiana, Ohio). Let's concentrate on there a little more.

Third -- Figure out what is going on in the 757 and fix it. Not saying you need to kiss ass but need to learn how to play the game. Not sure how much of what I've read the last few days is true -- but something has to give.

I agree on all accounts except recruiting down south less. We haven't had much success pulling top recruits out of Florida, but the one's we have gotten have turned out to big contributors....I woudn't back off by any means. I think we got some good ones from Florida this year.