• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings Acquire Sam Bradford in a Trade

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great deal for Eagles, Vikings were desperate and dumb. Starting a rookie QB with limited training camp can get ugly. Hope he doesn't get hurt.
Highway robbery by Philly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part I find funny about these QB wheelings and dealings?

Minny trades for Bradford in a panic, Denver cuts Sanchez after nobody will trade for him, Dallas immediately signs Sanchez, while Denver calmly signs Austin Davis.

Dallas worked out Davis, but choose the guy Denver threw away instead, while Denver scoops up Davis.

I think Elway got the best of the deal here personally. As a Rams fan, I've seen Hill, Bradford and Davis up close. Queen B may be the best passer of the three, but Davis isn't that far behind but is more mobile and not as fragile. If you can coach some of the questionable decisions under duress out of Davis' game, he's a huge bargain compared to these other guys.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings overreacted. Nothing more to it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings overreacted. Nothing more to it.
I'd really got on the Vikings for this more, but my team was in a pretty similar boat not too long ago; then again, Alex Smith after 2012 and an NFC Championship appearance seems infinitely more appealing than Sam Bradford does now.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes overreacted as fuck. Teddy was the definition of a "game manager" last season. Replacing that shouldn't be too difficult in terms of free agency(Sanchez) or a cheaper price in a trade. What in the world has Bradford ever done outside of being drafted #1? If you add his fumbles lost(not total fumbles...) to his interceptions, he stands at an incredible 78 TDs for 77 Turnovers. Oh, oh I forgot his 2 career rushing TDs....so 80:77. Has there ever been a more overrated "starter"?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part I find funny about these QB wheelings and dealings?

Minny trades for Bradford in a panic, Denver cuts Sanchez after nobody will trade for him, Dallas immediately signs Sanchez, while Denver calmly signs Austin Davis.

Dallas worked out Davis, but choose the guy Denver threw away instead, while Denver scoops up Davis.

I think Elway got the best of the deal here personally. As a Rams fan, I've seen Hill, Bradford and Davis up close. Queen B may be the best passer of the three, but Davis isn't that far behind but is more mobile and not as fragile. If you can coach some of the questionable decisions under duress out of Davis' game, he's a huge bargain compared to these other guys.
Agree, even if Sanchez is slightly better, I'm not saying he is, but Elway gets back their pick from the Eagles.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith: 2 2nd round picks for a QB on a two year deal
Sam Bradford: A 1st and 4th for a QB on a two year deal

Money is similar as a cap hit to the new team adjusted for inflation. That 1st round pick though, woof.
Yeah but the chiefs got to use that first 2nd round pick right away. Eagles have to play 16 games first.

The value of picks changes a bit after the season opposed to in-season. That's why teams typically value future picks a round later than current picks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\The value of picks changes a bit after the season opposed to in-season. That's why teams typically value future picks a round later than current picks.

That and the uncertainty as to where in the round those picks will fall.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we paid too high of a price, but that being said, I have to trust the coaches on this one. If he's the one they wanted, and if they think they can get the type of production out of him that will get them to the playoffs, then it might be a good move. I'm biased, but I think this will be the best coaching staff Bradford will play for thus far in his career.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I was hearing reports that Bridgewater nearly lost his leg in the injury. RIP to his career.

I had no idea Sam was still in the NFL. I thought him and Tebow were trying out for baseball together.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we paid too high of a price, but that being said, I have to trust the coaches on this one. If he's the one they wanted, and if they think they can get the type of production out of him that will get them to the playoffs, then it might be a good move. I'm biased, but I think this will be the best coaching staff Bradford will play for thus far in his career.

It's a great move for the Vikings. They have the defense, they have a running game, hell they have wide outs that can catch, they need someone to manage the clock now, and they got that with Sammy Boy.