• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings Acquire Sam Bradford in a Trade

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great move for the Vikings. They have the defense, they have a running game, hell they have wide outs that can catch, they need someone to manage the clock now, and they got that with Sammy Boy.

Ultimately, I think this was a win-win. Like you said, with their defense and running game, it's not like the Vikings needed Joe Montana, and Philly got compensated pretty well.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great move for the Vikings. They have the defense, they have a running game, hell they have wide outs that can catch, they need someone to manage the clock now, and they got that with Sammy Boy.

Except he needs to be more than a game manager if the Vikes want to go deep into the playoffs and have a chance to win...there's only so many Dilfer's that can have a trophy...Bradford needs to make defenses pay for stacking the box and hit some deep routes to keep the defense honest.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except he needs to be more than a game manager if the Vikes want to go deep into the playoffs and have a chance to win...there's only so many Dilfer's that can have a trophy...Bradford needs to make defenses pay for stacking the box and hit some deep routes to keep the defense honest.

Bradford can throw the deep ball, ( when he feels comfortable) look all the talking heads on here can talk all the shit they want, bottomline with Sam is if he stays healthy, and gets a grip on the playbook he will do just fine. Hell he learned Chippers college playbook!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it this way. If Bridgewater comes back next season the Vikings wasted a 1st round pick on a one year rental, if Bridgewater doesn't come back the Vikings will desperately need to find a young franchise QB and they won't have a 1st to try to find one. If Bradford wins them the SB the Vikings made a good trade anything less is a failure.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it this way. If Bridgewater comes back next season the Vikings wasted a 1st round pick on a one year rental, if Bridgewater doesn't come back the Vikings will desperately need to find a young franchise QB and they won't have a 1st to try to find one. If Bradford wins them the SB the Vikings made a good trade anything less is a failure.

Well competitive for a SB. There's usually 5-6 teams that on any given day can beat each other. Rarely is a team winning the SB who you just say "yeah no one else was in their league this year"..

But I think for them it is about not crashing and rebuilding with what they have going on there too. Trying to keep competitive rather than tank a year for Peterson and the rest of the talent on that roster.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: but to be fair you lost me when you said "raider fan"

Well have to remember that for about a 10 year stretch this is exactly what their owner did in trading away most of their future round picks for over the hill players or big time overpriced players. So then every year I watched that fanbase get pumped up about how that one player will finally get them over the hump to then see them once again with a top-5 pick.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let's say Minny loses the SB, and Bridgewater is all set to go in 17. Minny would have knowingly thrown away a first for a one year rental. A rental with a injury history. It's one thing to swing and miss on a college player, but in this case it's more than likely a swing and miss on a player who will not be on the team beyond this season.