• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you either preform well or you get cut, its pretty simple. I'm sure after we cut him he'll go elsewhere and become the next Vinatieri:rolleyes2:
Right, which is why I was ultimately saying that Walsh needed to either start performing better or they needed to can him. Maybe I only briefly felt bad for him over the fact that he seems to be a decent person because so many players in the NFL (and other pro sports) seem like such pieces of ***, but can get away with so much by being decent players.

Like the AP thing - let's be honest, the main reason why he didn't get booted out of the league for his child abuse case was because he was/is among the best at his position in the league. So as long as he performed well, nothing was happening. I guess I'm just tired of all this bs going on in the NFL like the kneeling for the anthem (none of those players doing it are informed enough to even have any real idea of what they're trying to say by doing it), the endless yellow hankies getting thrown for everything imaginable at defenses, dirty players like Ndamaku Suh/Vontaze Burfict being allowed to be in the league in the first place, etc. To me, the game is getting unwatchable unless it's the Vikes, and although it's kind of fair weather of me, the quality of the game isn't currently good enough for me to care a whole lot about even those games unless they're doing better than completely terrible.

TLDR; - yeah Blaire Walsh sucked, and it was simply time for them to can him.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season over? At this point, I'm not even holding out hope for them to sneak into the post season with a wild card spot.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Hello MVF,
Been busy at work, so posting has been non-existent lately.

Welcome to the Hoop GhostOfPoverty.
You seem like a solid poster, glad you're here. Hope you feel the same about us.

It seems like every week this team has another hurdle to jump.
The defense has been solid every week, you have to expect to give up an offensive play every so often when they're on the field so much. And the holding on this front 5 has been blatent, but they don't get the calls. Dallas game was probably the worst yet.

Offense is a work in progress every week. They seem to move the ball lately, but can't seem to score in the red zone, despite putting the ball in the receivers hand(Rudolph) in the end zone.
The only way this team gets into the playoffs is winning the division, and they need to win out for that possibility.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello MVF,
Been busy at work, so posting has been non-existent lately.

Welcome to the Hoop GhostOfPoverty.
You seem like a solid poster, glad you're here. Hope you feel the same about us.

It seems like every week this team has another hurdle to jump.
The defense has been solid every week, you have to expect to give up an offensive play every so often when they're on the field so much. And the holding on this front 5 has been blatent, but they don't get the calls. Dallas game was probably the worst yet.

Offense is a work in progress every week. They seem to move the ball lately, but can't seem to score in the red zone, despite putting the ball in the receivers hand(Rudolph) in the end zone.
The only way this team gets into the playoffs is winning the division, and they need to win out for that possibility.
Likewise, and glad to be here. It's good to find a place that has a reasonable amount of traffic at least sometimes, and not too much blind homerism or overboard trolling going on.

Agreed with everything in your post about this team. It sucks, but it's gotten to hoping that next year can be better if they can hang onto most of the key pieces that made this team decent to begin with, and improve the O-line a bit. Without that 1st rounder, or having to give up picks to trade back into it, I think they'll need to make at least 2-3 aggressive FA moves (namely with the O-line) as well as drafting well to avoid a similar mess next season. It'd also be hard to imagine them having as bad of luck next year as they did this year with injuries, so I guess there's that...

At least GB is still lousy enough to hope for a possible W there just for the sake of beating the Packers. Them having just as much of a down year as we have been takes the sting out of it slightly.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Smith out for Sunday against Jacksonville, possibly will miss the rest of the season with a sprained ankle...

Can this season just be over already? With it looking like we're headed for decent placement in the draft, it's looking worse and worse that we traded away that 1st rounder + 4th for Bradford. Losing that damm first puts us in such awful shape going into next season, with Bradford looking more like a 1 year rental each week.

For the love of god Zygi, fire Spielman already. He has been running this team into the ground with questionable decisions at QB (Drafting Ponder way higher than he should have been taken/sticking with him for so long, way overpaying for Bradford) and ignoring the O-line.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Smith out for Sunday against Jacksonville, possibly will miss the rest of the season with a sprained ankle...

Can this season just be over already? With it looking like we're headed for decent placement in the draft, it's looking worse and worse that we traded away that 1st rounder + 4th for Bradford. Losing that damm first puts us in such awful shape going into next season, with Bradford looking more like a 1 year rental each week.

For the love of god Zygi, fire Spielman already. He has been running this team into the ground with questionable decisions at QB (Drafting Ponder way higher than he should have been taken/sticking with him for so long, way overpaying for Bradford) and ignoring the O-line.

Spielman/Zim also built the defense.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spielman/Zim also built the defense.

Don't get me wrong, Spielman hasn't been completely incompetent. Certainly, he has managed to help build a team that is capable of competing at times, especially if you consider all the injuries this season. However, when it comes to the defense, I personally think Zimmer would maintain/continue to build it just fine with any other GM, so long as his input is taken seriously.

As far as offense goes though, I'd say Spielman has been mostly lackluster, aside from getting lucky with Diggs. I can see Zimmer single handely keeping the defense decent- great foraa long time to come, but he needs serious help with the offense. Hiring someone off the street to replace and do better than Spielman is easier said than done, but we need a GM who doesn't pull dumb moves like reaching at QB in the draft, or mortgage the future too heavily like the Bradford trade. Hell, I wouldn't have cared about the Bradford trade so much had they just kept the 1st rounder out of the deal - and it sounds like we could have gotten him cheaper and Philly was laughing their asses off all the way to the bank when Rick offered that 1st in desperation.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, Spielman hasn't been completely incompetent. Certainly, he has managed to help build a team that is capable of competing at times, especially if you consider all the injuries this season. However, when it comes to the defense, I personally think Zimmer would maintain/continue to build it just fine with any other GM, so long as his input is taken seriously.

As far as offense goes though, I'd say Spielman has been mostly lackluster, aside from getting lucky with Diggs. I can see Zimmer single handely keeping the defense decent- great foraa long time to come, but he needs serious help with the offense. Hiring someone off the street to replace and do better than Spielman is easier said than done, but we need a GM who doesn't pull dumb moves like reaching at QB in the draft, or mortgage the future too heavily like the Bradford trade. Hell, I wouldn't have cared about the Bradford trade so much had they just kept the 1st rounder out of the deal - and it sounds like we could have gotten him cheaper and Philly was laughing their asses off all the way to the bank when Rick offered that 1st in desperation.

Philly originally wanted 2 first rounders for Bradford and said they wouldn't part with him for anything less. Spielman said they had another offer on the table (sounded like lesser pick and lesser QB) but went all in. Vikings were forced to overpay by the hand they were dealt. SOme of that being self inflicted by relying on Shaun Hill as your back up QB.

You can nitpick any GM. I did question last draft another DB in the 2nd (whose barely played) when Whitehair was there on the board.
OH well

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly originally wanted 2 first rounders for Bradford and said they wouldn't part with him for anything less. Spielman said they had another offer on the table (sounded like lesser pick and lesser QB) but went all in. Vikings were forced to overpay by the hand they were dealt. SOme of that being self inflicted by relying on Shaun Hill as your back up QB.

You can nitpick any GM. I did question last draft another DB in the 2nd (whose barely played) when Whitehair was there on the board.
OH well
I respect your argument here . In defense of the Bradford trade, I still think he has played fairly well. Not elite by any stretch, but I think he'd be above average with a decent line and RB. Hopefully we can land something worthwhile in a draft down the road via trade when inevitably have to choose between him and Teddy. So, at least the QB situation doesn't look entirely hopeless going forward.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your argument here . In defense of the Bradford trade, I still think he has played fairly well. Not elite by any stretch, but I think he'd be above average with a decent line and RB. Hopefully we can land something worthwhile in a draft down the road via trade when inevitably have to choose between him and Teddy. So, at least the QB situation doesn't look entirely hopeless going forward.

The Vikes have been in the situation of hording picks for so long. I was upset with the trade at first. But then thought. Our situation at the time, we were in a win now because it was our run. So I was all for it after thinking of that. The injuries have soured the overall outlook of this season. I think we'd be talking different of the Sam deal had we not be littered with injuries all season causing this collapse.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
The Vikes have been in the situation of hording picks for so long. I was upset with the trade at first. But then thought. Our situation at the time, we were in a win now because it was our run. So I was all for it after thinking of that. The injuries have soured the overall outlook of this season. I think we'd be talking different of the Sam deal had we not be littered with injuries all season causing this collapse.

I think so too. I'm still ok with the trade, Vikes have him for another season so we'll see.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what really sucks is that this division was and is so winnable, at 5-0 you would've figured 500 the rest of the way we'd be 10-6, 11-5 and running away with it, I can't take what has happened:doh:
It's tough to win in the NFL when you have no offense.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade for Bradford is indicative of the Vikings inept management.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
The trade was solid at the time.
In hindsight it's easy to say it was bad.
You don't anticipate the offensive line going down, you have to live for the now.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the trade. The plan was offense rely on AP and Bradford help out. Now he has to carry offense
Bradford is an average and injury prone QB. The Vikings gave away too many draft picks.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is an average and injury prone QB. The Vikings gave away too many draft picks.

They gave up 2

They still have 7 picks for next draft. And extra first rounders from prior

Their future is still bright. Appreciate concern