• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
He doesn't have a caliber. Have you even watched the guy?

Cleanings cannot be worse.

I sure hope you're right.
But Clemmings was aweful on the right side last season. I can't imagine he would be any better on the left.
I think Kalil will be missed most, of any of the injuries.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but wonder if the play calling is helping or hurting the o-line. They start off too vanilla and predictable.

Just look at the difference in halves today. They need to open up the playbook a little more, especially on first downs.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after 7 games (6 with Bradford under center) and two ugly losses, does the Bradford trade seem like it was worth it? Currently, I think it still looks like a solid trade for both Philly and our Vikes. Philly obviously didn't need Bradford to make it a good season behind their rookie Wentz, and Bradford has played quite well all things considered, IMO.

I feel like Bradford is still a potential long-term option at QB for Minnesota, but the horrendous O-line needs to keep him alive for the rest of the season so we don't see him get hurt just as badly as Teddy. It would be interesting to see what Bradford can do behind an improved O-line next season along with a 3rd year Diggs, seemingly improved Patterson actually worthy as an offensive option occasionally, and a hopefully more useful 2nd year Treadwell. I still have my doubts about Teddy being ready for next year, and I think Bradford has the higher ceiling anyway. Either way, it's nice to have 2 potential starting QB quality players on the roster going forward over the 0 we have been used to for the past decade aside from 2009 Favre.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after 7 games (6 with Bradford under center) and two ugly losses, does the Bradford trade seem like it was worth it? Currently, I think it still looks like a solid trade for both Philly and our Vikes. Philly obviously didn't need Bradford to make it a good season behind their rookie Wentz, and Bradford has played quite well all things considered, IMO.

I feel like Bradford is still a potential long-term option at QB for Minnesota, but the horrendous O-line needs to keep him alive for the rest of the season so we don't see him get hurt just as badly as Teddy. It would be interesting to see what Bradford can do behind an improved O-line next season along with a 3rd year Diggs, seemingly improved Patterson actually worthy as an offensive option occasionally, and a hopefully more useful 2nd year Treadwell. I still have my doubts about Teddy being ready for next year, and I think Bradford has the higher ceiling anyway. Either way, it's nice to have 2 potential starting QB quality players on the roster going forward over the 0 we have been used to for the past decade aside from 2009 Favre.

Excellent post, I agree with every word!

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I think Teddy's mobility would give him a huge advantage with our offensive line and I'm still rooting for Teddy to be our QB.

I think Bradford trade was 100% worth the gamble. Even if it doesn't pay off, I have no problem with the move. People talk as if we gutted our future, we can survive. Seahawks paid a kings ransom for Percy Harvin and they're still around.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norv Turner resigns, Pat Shumer to take over OC

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey Vikes fans

what is the inside scoop on Turner resigning?

That certainly came out of nowhere

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey Vikes fans

It tells me he's a real smart man, jump off the ship before it completely sinks is smart...

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey Vikes fans

In my opinion, resign is a fancy word for fired.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any O is gonna struggle with an O line that resembles swiss cheese:gaah:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic, but if you're around the board tonight, check out the Chicago police scanner following the Cubs game 7 World Series win. Chicago Police - Citywide 1, 5, and 6 - Live Audio Feed Web Player Live Audio Feed

Legite sounds like a war zone. Since I tuned in shortly after the game, they've mentioned numerous robberies (one by a guy in Bears gear with two others robbing some guy), flipped taco trucks, flipped TV trucks, 3 deceased and 1 injured via shots in a house, people getting crushed, people climbing light poles and falling off, and a group carrying a light pole down the street with LIVE WIRES hanging out. Thousands of drunks in Wrigleyville basically rioting to celebrate, causing numerous deaths, injuries, and who knows how much in property damage. Fireworks and what not constantly going off.

Chicagoans gonna Chicago.....

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feel bad for Walsh, but it's gotten to the point where they don't have any choice but to look elsewhere for a kicker. The dude had a lot of potential, and is capable of being a top kicker, but he just can't keep the mental aspect of his game in focus. All the missed PATs are just embarrassing, and potentially cost us a game against Detroit. As much as I didn't want to roast him entirely for the loss to Seattle in the playoffs last year due to the offense doing literally nothing to help the defense, I tend to agree with what Zimmer said after that game - he still held him accountable for missing that FG. I don't care that it was freezing during that game; an NFL kicker should be able to put a 27-yard FG through the uprights at home with no other major weather factors in place.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for Walsh, but it's gotten to the point where they don't have any choice but to look elsewhere for a kicker. The dude had a lot of potential, and is capable of being a top kicker, but he just can't keep the mental aspect of his game in focus. All the missed PATs are just embarrassing, and potentially cost us a game against Detroit. As much as I didn't want to roast him entirely for the loss to Seattle in the playoffs last year due to the offense doing literally nothing to help the defense, I tend to agree with what Zimmer said after that game - he still held him accountable for missing that FG. I don't care that it was freezing during that game; an NFL kicker should be able to put a 27-yard FG through the uprights at home with no other major weather factors in place.

you either preform well or you get cut, its pretty simple. I'm sure after we cut him he'll go elsewhere and become the next Vinatieri:rolleyes2:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to be shitting me

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what really sucks is that this division was and is so winnable, at 5-0 you would've figured 500 the rest of the way we'd be 10-6, 11-5 and running away with it, I can't take what has happened:doh: