• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Preview of the HOF Class of 2018

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, go look at Atwaters stats. Dawkins obliterates his stats. Atwater was just an knock out Artist and was very good... but it ain't close. People have forgot about Dawkins run from about 1999 to 2006. It's not even close. Atwaters stats are worse than Lynch.

You want to take a snapshot of player stats? try the 5 year span Atwater had from '89 - '93 when he averaged 150 tackles per season. Knock-out artist my ass. What was the most tackles Dawkins had in a single season?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to take a snapshot of player stats? try the 5 year span Atwater had from '89 - '93 when he averaged 150 tackles per season. Knock-out artist my ass. What was the most tackles Dawkins had in a single season?

I'll post them later but are you seriously trying to tell me Atwater wasn't known for hard hits.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's the difference bw me and u, your panties are in a bunch routinely, and i don't fricken care

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll post them later but are you seriously trying to tell me Atwater wasn't known for hard hits.

I'm not saying he wasn't known for hard hits. You stated "Atwater was just a knock out artist" like he was a gimmick or dirty player. In reality Atwater was a top 10 all time safety who stopped as many runs as any linebacker. He could lay the wood, but his teammates and opponents would would say he worked his butt off every play.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he wasn't known for hard hits. You stated "Atwater was just a knock out artist" like he was a gimmick or dirty player. In reality Atwater was a top 10 all time safety who stopped as many runs as any linebacker. He could lay the wood, but his teammates and opponents would would say he worked his butt off every play.

Yes, he was an excellent player... no doubt. I wasnt insinuating thats all he could do. Different sites list different tackles numbers so I went to the NFL record keeping.

Career tackles Dawkins 895 Atwater 1034
Sacks Dawkins 26 Atwater 5
Interception Dawkins 37 Atwater 24
Forced Fumbles Dawkins 36 Atwater 6
Passes defensed Dawkins 120 Atwater 67
Fumble recoveries Dawkins 19 Atwater 8
All Pro Teams Dawkins 6 Atwater 2

Sorry dude. Atwater was a very good player but he wasnt a Dawkins. If he was the voters would have given him as many All Pro Teams as Dawkins but it aint even close.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he was an excellent player... no doubt. I wasnt insinuating thats all he could do. Different sites list different tackles numbers so I went to the NFL record keeping.

Career tackles Dawkins 895 Atwater 1034
Sacks Dawkins 26 Atwater 5
Interception Dawkins 37 Atwater 24
Forced Fumbles Dawkins 36 Atwater 6
Passes defensed Dawkins 120 Atwater 67
Fumble recoveries Dawkins 19 Atwater 8
All Pro Teams Dawkins 6 Atwater 2

Sorry dude. Atwater was a very good player but he wasnt a Dawkins. If he was the voters would have given him as many All Pro Teams as Dawkins but it aint even close.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and that's fine. I'm a Denver fan.

Google best safeties of all time and look at how the unbiased football fans rank these guys.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your center argument still has no backing, we established that in pages and pages of bullshit

MY argument=
1. Yeah.... no Centers ever get drafted in the top 15 (But that means nothing right? Sure)
2. One Center went in the first 3 rounds this year but 25 DB's did. (But that doesnt mean anything. Gotcha)
3. The 3rd ranked Center in this years draft didnt even get drafted. But they are soooooo important right. Sounds like DB is important to me if 25 went in the first 3 rounds.
4. A Center hasnt made the Hall Of Fame in almost 2 decades but tons of RBs, QB's, LBs, DEs, DBs have (But that doesnt mean anything right. uh-huh
5. There are 7 Centers in the Hall of Fame and 56 RB's.... but Center is really important.
6. 5 of the 7 Center in the Hall of Fame havent played in 35 years. But its a really important position right.

Anecdotal proof...
1. Every fat boy with zits and no talent who goes out for the football team in HS ALWAYS gets put at Center and thats the damn truth.
2. Former NFL player who knows a lot more than you about football ranked Center as the 17th most important position. But that doesnt matter. Suuuuure. Ranking each position's importance, from quarterback to returner

YOUR argument=
Center is really important and youre dumb.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are certainly entitled to your opinion and that's fine. I'm a Denver fan.

Google best safeties of all time and look at how the unbiased football fans rank these guys.

Cool brother. Hate to sound like Im putting Atwater down cause he is one of my all time favs.
Also... no one can ever admit theyre wrong on here and most of the pages i looked at had Atwater ranked higher than Dawkins. People definitely side with you!
But absolutely no one ranked Lynch higher than Dawkins :)

Last edited:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
atwater was an animal

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:
MY argument=
1. Yeah.... no Centers ever get drafted in the top 15 (But that means nothing right? Sure)
2. One Center went in the first 3 rounds this year but 25 DB's did. (But that doesnt mean anything. Gotcha)
3. The 3rd ranked Center in this years draft didnt even get drafted. But they are soooooo important right. Sounds like DB is important to me if 25 went in the first 3 rounds.
4. A Center hasnt made the Hall Of Fame in almost 2 decades but tons of RBs, QB's, LBs, DEs, DBs have (But that doesnt mean anything right. uh-huh
5. There are 7 Centers in the Hall of Fame and 56 RB's.... but Center is really important.
6. 5 of the 7 Center in the Hall of Fame havent played in 35 years. But its a really important position right.

Anecdotal proof...
1. Every fat boy with zits and no talent who goes out for the football team in HS ALWAYS gets put at Center and thats the damn truth.
2. Former NFL player who knows a lot more than you about football ranked Center as the 17th most important position. But that doesnt matter. Suuuuure. Ranking each position's importance, from quarterback to returner

YOUR argument=
Center is really important and youre dumb.
pull out your camel toe lady:doh:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis should be a lock....although I think very little of him as a person and he's been a big time part of the downfall of football for me. Moss should be as well, but he might get the T.O. treatment. I'll keep raising an effort to put more defensive guys in to try and balance out the nonsense that is the HOF, but it won't matter...guys like Z. Thomas and B. Dawkins should be in there but whatever...gotta get a kicker in there I guess.

When the Hall makes an effort to try and realize there are tons of great defensive players not enshrined such as Chuck Howley, Randy Gradishar, Ken Riley, Deron Cherry, Zach Thomas....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss a lock first ballot? Maybe, but I'm not so sure. The NFL voters love to make examples of people who were a-holes while playing. Lewis will face the same issue.

Both should get in first ballot, both will get in soon, but first ballot lock isn't a given based on the voters feeling like they finally have a way to get back at the guys they didn't like.

Lewis is a media darling though which gets him in first time.

Personally I think he is an absolute booger eating moron.
Pissed off for greatness.
WTF kinda dumbass "passionate" fucking babble is that????