• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vegas Golden Knights Expansion Draft Shenanigans Thread

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
15 d-men
trades be a comin'

DC5GWB0XYAAc67s.jpg

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense, but the value of this doesn't seem to me to be anywhere close to matching what Columbus gave up to make it happen.
Oh don't get me wrong I don't like the trade.I can see there reasoning. But out of all the trades tonight Snow's was the worst

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk If you're starting a new team its as far as selecting a Pen Its Rust all the way imo
Good pick for Pittsburgh. Awful pick for Vegas. A face of a franchise isn't something you just pick.It happens over time and is earned. Passing on future....MAF wasn't the BPA

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh don't get me wrong I don't like the trade.I can see there reasoning. But out of all the trades tonight Snow's was the worst

As BBB said, at least Snow was protecting players that are decent pieces. Columbus protected guys on the margins of their team and still ended up losing a 23 year old that played 80+ games last year in the process.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As BBB said, at least Snow was protecting players that are decent pieces. Columbus protected guys on the margins of their team and still ended up losing a 23 year old that played 80+ games last year in the process.
I can agree with that to an extent. I can't really gauge the trades off of what teams were "protecting" tho. There were teams that gave up better players. Without giving up anything.Albeit Berube may not have been a huge loss the isles gave up two additional players. Their first round #15 pick this year. Columbus lost Karlsson a first which is late round and a second in 2019. Honestly it's a steep price for both teams. But the isles gave up much more. Especially in a draft that's not as deep as previous years. The player Vegas selects with the Isles 15 pick should be very telling in the end

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that to an extent. I can't really gauge the trades off of what teams were "protecting" tho. There were teams that gave up better players. Without giving up anything.Albeit Berube may not have been a huge loss the isles gave up two additional players. Their first round #15 pick this year. Columbus lost Karlsson a first which is late round and a second in 2019. Honestly it's a steep price for both teams. But the isles gave up much more. Especially in a draft that's not as deep as previous years. The player Vegas selects with the Isles 15 pick should be very telling in the end

Bischoff and Grabovski? Grabbo didn't play at all last year and reportedly won't be medically cleared for this year either and Bischoff really isn't much of a prospect at all. They're not really assets with much/any value.

We have to consider who was spared from selection when evaluating the trades given that it's a big part (the main part) of the value, the motivation for the trade etc.

Last edited:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One sentence to sum up the show last night:

"To anyone on camera at any time, do NOT give up your day jobs".

/On a side note, before last night I could not have picked Bobs out of lineup. Early in the show, we were wondering "who is that creepy dude?" which should have been my first clue it was a goalie. I really liked his speech for some reason. Sure his English is pretty rough, but so is my French. Give him props for giving it his best.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to have a competitive team early to sell tickets...MAF is now the face. That has value too.
After that reaction last night (manufactured or not) this is the reality of MAF in Vegas.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rust, definitely. (Hagelin is grossly overrated. Decent player, not a building block.) And I would definitely not bring in Neal to be the face of a team. He's curmudgeon-y with fans. You need someone to sell the team, MAF is perfect for that.
Yeah they really should have taken Rust.
I agree with Hagelin, people go nuts over his speed but after that he is no more than Grabner without the ability to score goals as he does.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to consider who was spared from selection when evaluating the trades given that it's a big part (the main part) of the value, the motivation for the trade etc.
Not to mention what that kind of spend could potentially bring back in a different trade where the team is adding an asset.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what contender do they flip Neal to at the trade deadline next season? Also, is the trade freeze over?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side of the Isles/Jackets jokers, Minny and Anaheim made off like bandits. Dumba or Manson or Vatanen would’ve got them a much better haul in trade than Haula or Theodore.

Was thinking that. As well as Vegas did I was expecting 2 or 3 more big trades going their way.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it's all said and done and the details are all released I actually don't think they're going to be as lopsided/Vegas friendly as what we've been hearing.

That sentence is awfully awkward, but I think you get the meaning :wink:

Minnesota and Anaheim be like "This guy fucks!" :wink: