• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vegas Golden Knights Expansion Draft Shenanigans Thread

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk If you're starting a new team its as far as selecting a Pen Its Rust all the way imo

Definitely. But, Vegas only got a 2nd rounder three whole years from now to make sure they took $5.75 million Fleury off their hands? I would've demanded a 1st round pick in '17 or '18. That or we're taking Rust and you can keep Fleury. Totally just bailed them out for cheap.

By the time that pick is made, there's a strong chance Fleury may no longer be a Golden Knight...Rofl

It's an absolute joke.

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. But, Vegas only got a 2nd rounder three whole years from now to make sure they took $5.75 million Fleury off their hands? I would've demanded a 1st round pick in '17 or '18. That or we're taking Rust and you can keep Fleury. Totally just bailed them out for cheap.

By the time that pick is made, there's a strong chance Fleury may no longer be a Golden Knight...Rofl

It's an absolute joke.
Oh I agree. When you look at the MAF pick is definitely a joke. If they want to build a successful team you go Rust with that pick. MAF isn't selling tickets being a pro team in Vegas is selling tickets. And as you said he may not even still be there in a few years.Taking on an aging goalie instead of developing youth? They could be planning on reading MAF later but really what value does he hold? Pittsburgh definitely got off easy. Now that the expansion draft is clear. Looking forward to Friday maverick?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. When you look at the MAF pick is definitely a joke. If they want to build a successful team you go Rust with that pick. MAF isn't selling tickets being a pro team in Vegas is selling tickets. And as you said he may not even still be there in a few years.Taking on an aging goalie instead of developing youth? They could be planning on reading MAF later but really what value does he hold? Pittsburgh definitely got off easy. Now that the expansion draft is clear. Looking forward to Friday maverick?

Of course. Hoping we don't trade away #2. To me, that would be a disaster.

Now, your team may benefit more from trading down...Lol

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. Hoping we don't trade away #2. To me, that would be a disaster.

Now, your team may benefit more from trading down...Lol
I wouldn't put it past them. I'm hoping they don't tho. Shero says he already made his choice. But he's not leaking anything. Personally I want to see them go Patrick. But I've got a feeling it will be Nico. While the Devils can really use the size and a pure center. Nico seems to fit the Shero draft mold since he came to Jersey. I'm hoping Nolan having played with Quenville sways them that way but..... Eithee way the Devils and Flyers both got very lucky. And should both get a big piece they need. Could be a very competitive division in the upcoming years

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put it past them. I'm hoping they don't tho. Shero says he already made his choice. But he's not leaking anything. Personally I want to see them go Patrick. But I've got a feeling it will be Nico. While the Devils can really use the size and a pure center. Nico seems to fit the Shero draft mold since he came to Jersey. I'm hoping Nolan having played with Quenville sways them that way but..... Eithee way the Devils and Flyers both got very lucky. And should both get a big piece they need. Could be a very competitive division in the upcoming years

Its Nico at #1 ... this was the impetus for the rumour of Vegas wanting to get the #2 pick .. so they can get Nolan Patrick ... who was coached at Brandon by vegas asst. gm Kelly McCrimmon

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Nico at #1 ... this was the impetus for the rumour of Vegas wanting to get the #2 pick .. so they can get Nolan Patrick ... who was coached at Brandon by vegas asst. gm Kelly McCrimmon
I think Nico goes first too. He fits sheros mold. But I'm hoping his old Brandon teammate and Devils prospect Quenville. Sways them to Patrick

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nico goes first too. He fits sheros mold. But I'm hoping his old Brandon teammate and Devils prospect Quenville. Sways them to Patrick

I'm good with that. You take Patrick and we take Hischier. All is right with the world for a brief moment.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with that. You take Patrick and we take Hischier. All is right with the world for a brief moment.
Either way I think we both end up happy imo. After 1 and 2 you're right it seriously thins out. I am interested to see what Vegas does with 15 tho. See exactly how much the Isles gave up

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were paid not to though.
Oh yeah like most of the other picks.
For instance taking David Clarkson's contract. At least with MAF they have a usable part and can market him if he stays. Truthfully I see him dealt to a team that thinks they are a goalie away from winning.

With the 2020 2nd round pick from Penguins. That actually makes sense because if you take an educated guess they will still be competitive for 2 or 3 more years with the almost guarantee by then Malkin, Crosby and Letang are all but done due to health. Then that pick might be an early 2nd round vs 28th -30th.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah like most of the other picks.
For instance taking David Clarkson's contract. At least with MAF they have a usable part and can market him if he stays. Truthfully I see him dealt to a team that thinks they are a goalie away from winning.

With the 2020 2nd round pick from Penguins. That actually makes sense because if you take an educated guess they will still be competitive for 2 or 3 more years with the almost guarantee by then Malkin, Crosby and Letang are all but done due to health. Then that pick might be an early 2nd round vs 28th -30th.

Hey, I am fine with Vegas getting only a 2nd in 2020 if by then the Pens are one of the worst teams in the Nhl...Rofl

Not happening.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilman (who helped develop the expansion draft structure) called it an "asset harvest event" lol

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are also disregarding the potential trade value of MAF.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schlemko to the Habs for a 5th rounder ... imo thats an ok move for the habs

/although i believe he could have been had last season off waivers lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are also disregarding the potential trade value of MAF.
I don't think he has much - even setting aside his play for a moment, he's got a full NMC and it seems like he wants to be in Vegas. After passing on Calgary who one could argue are a good goalie away from being at the least a Western Conference contender the allure of winning alone isn't going to be enough to entice him to a team. It would be a very limited market and thus a very limited return.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schlemko to the Habs for a 5th rounder ... imo thats an ok move for the habs

/although i believe he could have been had last season off waivers lol
I think he's been waived like 5 times in the past few years lol.

But I agree, cheap need filler all around.