• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPDATED 1/10/2013 10:30PM: Offensive coaching staff for next year

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who is that Jeffro for sake of conversation?

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is that Jeffro for sake of conversation?

The sabre (where I imagine Jeffro gets some info) has a rumor that Dooley will join our staff (he played at UVa.)

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that VT may be getting some Hoo blood on the staff after the bowl game.

Hahaha. Horseshit.

I mean Hooshit. Why would VT want CMLs offensive scraps.

Edit: Dooley...hmm. Not sure what I think about that.
Jadgozinski...wow, has his stock fallen like a rock over the last few years.

Last edited by a moderator:

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. Horseshit.

I mean Hooshit. Why would VT want CMLs offensive scraps.

Edit: Dooley...hmm. Not sure what I think about that.
Jadgozinski...wow, has his stock fallen like a rock over the last few years.

Recruiting win for sure, not sure what he would coach.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Special teams..tight ends .. Haha .. Recruit x 10

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting win for sure, not sure what he would coach.

I can't imagine he would be want to take any less than OC. But then he again, his stints as HC at La Tech and UT netted an impressive record of 32-41, so it's not as if his stock is very high. Probably all just speculation, certainly wouldn't be much worse than what we have offensively now, but not sure if it would be much of an upgrade either?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure I'd like that. Has Dooley had success anywhere of any kind doing anything?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to #1, who the fuck would offer Stiney a head coaching job?

Also on #4, I fail to see how being a long snapper makes you a good candidate to coach special teams. Not saying Shane would suck, just seems like a stupid thing to write.

Shane was the special teams coach at USCe when he was there, so not that far fetched.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please God let all of it be true!!! I want stineys career to be killed, but if getting some ass HC job somewhere else gets him away from here, then i am okay with that. As for dooley, i would love to have him somewhere on our staff. As some of you may know, i follow Tennessee very closely. he came into a bad situation at UT. The offense Tennessee put out onto the field each week was pretty damn good. the lack of a defense was what killed UT. (hiring sal sunseri and changing defensive schemes right before a year when he was on the hot seat ultimately did Dooley in) He wasnt a great fit to begin with, and Fulmer had left things in bad shape. and plus, there is a very short leash on Rocky Top, and im not only talking about with Smokey.

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In regards to #1, who the fuck would offer Stiney a head coaching job?

Also on #4, I fail to see how being a long snapper makes you a good candidate to coach special teams. Not saying Shane would suck, just seems like a stupid thing to write.
Ok where to start here.... (all of this is just my opinion, do not take it as fact)

#1. Stinespring has received interest in the past from other schools at various times, he is a fairly sought after guy. If Stinespring were to leave VT, it would do more damage than good imo. Stinespring is one heck of a recruiter and he is the main reason we have been able to pull in a lot of the talent we have from the 757. Stinespring is also a very good OL coach. He is very highly regarded down here and coaches here will hold a grudge. If he is gone, we will lose some recruiting battles here in the 757 and it will not be pretty. I am very confident Stinespring will remain on the staff but in a different capacity.

#2 I could see Tony Franklin coming in, but I think it is more probable that his HC at La Tech moves on and Tony takes over their program. I would love for him to come to Blacksburg though, that would be great.

#3 has been rumored for a while and seem to be the most possible. Again, just a rumor right now but it seems to be the one that could actually happen.

#4 Not sure how good this would turn out. We need less hats on each coach, not more. Shane already has a full plate. Unless we bring in a new RB coach or pull up a GA (I am looking at you Kevin Jones), Shane will remain the RB coach.

Again jimo.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he was also the recruiting coordinator for Nick Saban at LSU for a couple of years and went to the Miami Dolphins with Saban as well.

It also appears he has coaching experience at TE/WR/RB/ST within his various coaching stops - LT, LSU and Miami to name a few.