• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #7 Chicago Bears vs NE Patriots Monday 10/24/2022 8:15 PM ESPN

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re all talking about the offense and that’s cool but in my mind the defense was absolutely horrendous.

What is Josh Allen going to do to this defense?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re all talking about the offense and that’s cool but in my mind the defense was absolutely horrendous.

They were but when your offense can't move the ball, it keeps the D on the field and then the third quarter rolls and Bam they got nothing left/

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zappe benefited from great field position and a fantastic catch on an underthrown ball by Parker.

I still think and feel that the Ravioli Taster is the issue.

Yes, that was a poorly thrown ball that he was bailed out on. and I did tell my friend that he had much better starting field position than Mac. With that said, it seemed like the team gelled slightly more than with Mac.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wouldn't be leaving it up to the defense to decide

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that did was add some bad stats for Zappe. No way for a comeback. Once again, got behind and abandoned the run early. Defense with no pressure. Leadership was lost early and was not to be.
Stats? So what. Only one stat matters in the end.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the INT was a tip at the line and not bad throw. The second Zappe INT was a total misread of Thorton's speed and the ball was behind him with no chance to catch it. Mac's INT was just plain bad. Poor decision and a worse soft toss.

Zappe is much more mobile and moves quickly in the pocket.

Bill has got to find a much better group of offensive linemen.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that was a poorly thrown ball that he was bailed out on. and I did tell my friend that he had much better starting field position than Mac. With that said, it seemed like the team gelled slightly more than with Mac.
Yeah no doubt they get hyped up. But I feel when NFL Defenses get to know his game and adjust to his game things may look different.

I still think Patricia is the darn problem but I need to give him a chance to prove he can adjust

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no doubt they get hyped up. But I feel when NFL Defenses get to know his game and adjust to his game things may look different.

I still think Patricia is the darn problem but I need to give him a chance to prove he can adjust

I just don't get why they seem to open up the playbook for Zappee and not Mac

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the INT was a tip at the line and not bad throw. The second Zappe INT was a total misread of Thorton's speed and the ball was behind him with no chance to catch it. Mac's INT was just plain bad. Poor decision and a worse soft toss.

Zappe is much more mobile and moves quickly in the pocket.

Bill has got to find a much better group of offensive linemen.
If it's tipped at the line it's a bad throw. NFL QBs are supposed to look for the lane. Do tips happen? Sure but it's still the QB s responsibility to make certain he has a clear throwing lane.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get why they seem to open up the playbook for Zappee and not Mac
No idea, there is a chance they were testing Macs ankle. Matty P seems to want to RPO not sure that's where we need to be at.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea, there is a chance they were testing Macs ankle. Matty P seems to want to RPO not sure that's where we need to be at.

Oh I mean in general. I mean yes last year rookie but still. Take the training wheels off and let him play

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you catch the shot of the Pats' towel boy passing out dirty towels? That capped off the night when absolutely everyone on the team did a terrible job.

Anyone remember the scene in the movie "The Replacements" where to start the second half every player jump offsides and starting beating on the player opposite of them incurring 10 personal fouls? It felt like the Pats were on the receiving end of that last night, minus the personal fouls.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's tipped at the line it's a bad throw. NFL QBs are supposed to look for the lane. Do tips happen? Sure but it's still the QB s responsibility to make certain he has a clear throwing lane.
Watch the throw again. The area was wide open as he started the throw. Then 58 came from Zappe's left and jumped at least three feet and fingertipped the ball causing it to flutter like a butterfly. No way in hell the Zappe could him because he was in a blind spot. The effort the guy made was fantastic. If he'd been one tenth of second later he wouldn't have touched it and most likely it would have been a 20+ yard completion.

I don't fault Zappe on that one. I do on the second one when he completely misjudged Thorton's crossing speed and threw the ball two yards behind him.

One other thing that no one has mentioned. Meyer's fumble.

You know that they worked on that play all week. I watched that played at least six times and ESPN had beautiful closeups of it. If you see this game again, look at Meyer's face. He's looking beyond the line for the spot he might take and never once looked at the ball or Zappe. Zappe stuck the rock right square in his guy and he slapped the ball with the back of his hands. Unforgivable lack of concentration.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I mean in general. I mean yes last year rookie but still. Take the training wheels off and let him play
I agree.

Maybe Mac is having issues adjusting to the new offense? None of us here really know, but that is my guess.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that was probably the worst defense we’ve seen in a long time. Hard to watch.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Matty is the pro-temp OC, he's not doing himself any favors with his performance to date. He's trying to stay with what works and doesn't realize that the defense catches up withing three plays. He walks away from the play action as soon as it's successful and puts Zap in the shotgun or calls a straight run of guard. He's as predictable as the sun rising every morning and has no concept at all of anything that will catch or keep the defense off track. Your right Reb, the problem starts on the sideline.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the throw again. The area was wide open as he started the throw. Then 58 came from Zappe's left and jumped at least three feet and fingertipped the ball causing it to flutter like a butterfly. No way in hell the Zappe could him because he was in a blind spot. The effort the guy made was fantastic. If he'd been one tenth of second later he wouldn't have touched it and most likely it would have been a 20+ yard completion.

I don't fault Zappe on that one. I do on the second one when he completely misjudged Thorton's crossing speed and threw the ball two yards behind him.

You know that they worked on that play all week. I watched that played at least six times and ESPN had beautiful closeups of it. If you see this game again, look at Meyer's face. He's looking beyond the line for the spot he might take and never once looked at the ball or Zappe. Zappe stuck the rock right square in his guy and he slapped the ball with the back of his hands. Unforgivable lack of concentration.
Yeah that is not how it happened. He was right there and Zappes never saw him. He was shifting to his left from Zappe's left to right and Zappe never saw him. Seems Zappe never saw him behind the O and D lines. Not the end of the world but it did not present as some super miraculous defensive effort. At least not to me. Its a rook learning from a mistake IMO

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100...no about 90%.

That's the kind of play, or the intricate part of that play that should be second nature, Stick the ball in his gut - grab the ball that is in his gut that only becomes truly second nature with repetition and more repetition.
Zappe being 3rd string, he might have known the play, but the timing is just that nano second off because he spent the summer practicing with other 3rd string players just trying to make the team.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the Pats look like crap and they have a huge question mark at QB. Such a shame. LMAO at the love for Zappe, it is the same love Washington gave Heinke. They are the same guy and neither is a long term solution.