• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UK is going to be a Beast

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad one of those two is Enes Kanter part two, won't ever play a minute for you. Briscoe is a great pickup though, I'll never understand why we didn't take him because we were his #1 school the whole time. Sean chose trier abs Justin Simon over him so let's hope that works out.

That's OK. Briscoe is a beast, and we are gonna sign 3-4 more top 50's

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't look like a beast today. I get that they are young, but they are absolutely not the best team in the country right now.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cauly-stein got absolutely posterized today.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we won by 19 sleepwalking through. We'll see what's up after the Cats take the Jayhawks to the woodshed Tuesday night

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would know your better than I would, but what did you see out of these guys last year that leads you to believe that? Either way, I guess we'll know by the middle of next week if they're able to get it done.

:suds:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL!! I'm going to have to retract that statement. I just figured Kansas would be a good team. I'd like to see UK actually play a capable team before I can truly judge how far they come from last year. I know they're long and athletic, but what happens when they face a team with talent as well? The next few weeks will be interesting.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!! I'm going to have to retract that statement. I just figured Kansas would be a good team. I'd like to see UK actually play a capable team before I can truly judge how far they come from last year. I know they're long and athletic, but what happens when they face a team with talent as well? The next few weeks will be interesting.

:wtf2:

Kansas has two lottery picks on it's roster and 2-3 other guys that will get drafted. Outside of Duke, Arizona and Wisconsin they are as talented as it gets. Kentucky is going to roll the SEC. I think the only game they may lose is against Louisville. But I'd still give Kentucky the big edge.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad Kansas got that shit out of their system early.

But things actually got worse after the game.

A mechanical problem with KU's plane had the Jayhawks spending the night in Indianapolis after the 32-point loss to Kentucky. KU did not arrive back in Lawrence until 6:25 a.m. Wednesday.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calipari really stressed it (I have to agree) that UK's defense is what limited KU the most last night. KU may have had a bad night shooting, but in large due to running a half-court offense against a team that shut it down.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kansas has two lottery picks on it's roster and 2-3 other guys that will get drafted. Outside of Duke, Arizona and Wisconsin they are as talented as it gets. Kentucky is going to roll the SEC. I think the only game they may lose is against Louisville. But I'd still give Kentucky the big edge.

While you are most certainly right, and I came away even more impressed with Kentucky than I already had been, we are talking about a Kansas team that clearly isn't ready yet. They will be, no doubt about it, but they have a LOT more to figure out than most top teams. UK would not have beaten Michigan St like that, let alone Duke. Kansas had their two lottery picks out of the game after they had played about 1 minute combined in the first half, so that definitely didn't help. Also, they aren't a big team, and that is the number one advantage UK is going to have over every team they face.

It's going to be almost impossible to score against Kentucky down low, so I think at this point Wisconsin is your best bet to beat them in the tourney, if anyone will. I think that UK is a bad matchup for Arizona (in the "our offense vs their defense" part of the game), although I didn't walk away at all impressed by UK's offense. To be honest I think they will struggle if a team has size and can rebound, which thank god we fall under that category because otherwise we wouldn't have a chance.

Oh, Trey Lyles is gonna be so good. I love his game. KAT just hasn't been able to showcase as much of his skills on the first platoon and I can't wait to see what he can do as the season rolls along.

Here is the difference between last year, for me:

Not one time last year (before Brandon Ashley went down for the season) did I watch a team and think "They can beat us on their best day"

I have watched 3 teams (UK, Duke, and Wisconsin) this season that have made me feel that way. Now I don't believe Duke plays great defense yet, and I don't believe that Frank the Tank would be able to school Brandon Ashley like he did Zeus, but I know those 3 teams and us are the cream of the crop and last year I knew nobody was good as us. It's not a good feeling.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not be much of a contest. 9 mcdonald's all-americans? hopefully they play selfish and 5 experienced guys can beat them in march.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not from what I saw. They have a LOT of work to do if they want to even be a top 25 team. At certain points in the game, Kentucky slacked off a little on defense and Kansas continued to brick one wide open shot after another. Even from the line they shot what?? less than 50%? They're not even playing good team ball yet... very little passing and not much movement w/out the ball. UK is very good, but Kansas also made it VERY easy on them. Last night was not a test at all for UK.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from what I saw. They have a LOT of work to do if they want to even be a top 25 team. At certain points in the game, Kentucky slacked off a little on defense and Kansas continued to brick one wide open shot after another. Even from the line they shot what?? less than 50%? They're not even playing good team ball yet... very little passing and not much movement w/out the ball. UK is very good, but Kansas also made it VERY easy on them. Last night was not a test at all for UK.

Like I said, Kansas has 2, maybe even 3 lottery picks on it's roster. Oubre is a projected top 5 pick for 2015 and Alexander is a top 10 pick for 2015. And Mykhailiuk is a projected top 5 pick for 2016. Hell even Selden and Greene are projected first rounder's when they come out at some point. Not to mention Ellis who is a projected 2nd rounder. That is a shit load of talent. Sure they have work to do, because their 3 most talented players are all freshman and the next 2 sophomores, but to say they don't have talent is just dumb.

Kansas will go on to win the Big 12 like they always do, and be a 1 or 2 seed.

Kentucky looks scary good.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, Kansas has 2, maybe even 3 lottery picks on it's roster. Oubre is a projected top 5 pick for 2015 and Alexander is a top 10 pick for 2015. And Mykhailiuk is a projected top 5 pick for 2016. Hell even Selden and Greene are projected first rounder's when they come out at some point. Not to mention Ellis who is a projected 2nd rounder. That is a shit load of talent. Sure they have work to do, because their 3 most talented players are all freshman and the next 2 sophomores, but to say they don't have talent is just dumb.

yeah, sure.. LOL!! Kentucky has 10 first rounders alone.. and what about all those other teams we keep hearing about that have 5 or 6 lotter/1st rounders. It's called building hype and it wouldn't surprise me if all those guys were back next year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, sure.. LOL!! Kentucky has 10 first rounders alone.. and what about all those other teams we keep hearing about that have 5 or 6 lotter/1st rounders. It's called building hype and it wouldn't surprise me if all those guys were back next year.

DraftExpress: Mock Draft

Take a look at #4 and #10. And this guy does this for a living.

Chad Ford's Top 100 - ESPN

Take a look at #5 and #7. This guy also does this for a living.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft

Take a look at #4 for 2016.

To say they don't have talent, again, is just dumb.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2016 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Oh, good opportunity for my Michigan plug: I wouldn't be surprised if Zak Irvin and Derrick Walton Jr. make the 2nd round list before this season is up. Irvin has 1st round potential...most likely in 2016.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2016 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

OMG!! Ok dude.. they have talent out the azz! who cares? I know they're still young, but they better have more than what I saw last night if they want to make it in the NBA... cause the NBA will have no problem giving them a crap contract and then shitting them out of the bottom of the league when they find out they can't handle it. If Kentucky can make them look like absolute crap, then how can they hope to make it at the next level? Again, they have time yet this year.. so I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, but there are no guarantees that these guys live up to their "MOCK" draft status. That's all.. let's just wait and see.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what's scary about UK right now, besides the fact that they're going to block 30 shots a game and get 93% of their offensive misses, is that Cal really has them playing unselfishly. I'm extremely impressed with the job he is doing. They really are passing it well (Towns especially, very good passer for a big man).

I'm still of the mindset that they aren't very good offensively and that will catch up to them. They don't have anybody like Randle and that's a problem. Poythress actually thinks he should be shooting threes, which is scary.

The biggest weakness that they have on defense is that their guards can't actually guard anybody (Ullis not included, he's such a pest on the ball), but that doesn't matter this year because every time a Harrison gets beat off the dribble there is a Cauley-Stein or a Towns there to block or change the shot. That's what scares me about facing them, although we are much more athletic than Kansas and have much better finishers so that's a good thing.

Kentucky is definitely not worried about fouls because of their platoon system, so teams will get into the bonus quickly and against good free throw shooting teams (unlike Kansas) that will definitely keep teams in the game every once in a while. Kentucky has the huge bonus of foul trouble not being an issue at all, nobody else in the country can say that (well, maybe Duke unless it's Okafor getting into the foul trouble).

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisky is looking good....putting them in the class with a few others shooting for 2nd place. I don't have any team in a class with UK this season.

<

I'm just not finding 5 losses on this schedule.

Me neiher. I can see them possibly losing to Florida twice (highly highly highly unlikely). UNC might trip them up as well. They are pretty good this year as well.

I would love to see them play Duke.... Now that would be one hell of a game!

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what's scary about UK right now, besides the fact that they're going to block 30 shots a game and get 93% of their offensive misses, is that Cal really has them playing unselfishly. I'm extremely impressed with the job he is doing. They really are passing it well (Towns especially, very good passer for a big man).

I'm still of the mindset that they aren't very good offensively and that will catch up to them. They don't have anybody like Randle and that's a problem. Poythress actually thinks he should be shooting threes, which is scary.

The biggest weakness that they have on defense is that their guards can't actually guard anybody (Ullis not included, he's such a pest on the ball), but that doesn't matter this year because every time a Harrison gets beat off the dribble there is a Cauley-Stein or a Towns there to block or change the shot. That's what scares me about facing them, although we are much more athletic than Kansas and have much better finishers so that's a good thing.

Kentucky is definitely not worried about fouls because of their platoon system, so teams will get into the bonus quickly and against good free throw shooting teams (unlike Kansas) that will definitely keep teams in the game every once in a while. Kentucky has the huge bonus of foul trouble not being an issue at all, nobody else in the country can say that (well, maybe Duke unless it's Okafor getting into the foul trouble).

Yeah, I agree.. I've yet to see anyone emerge as that go to offensive threat yet. But they also haven't needed it. The upcoming match-ups against Louisville, UNC and Texas will hopefully be more telling.