• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UK is going to be a Beast

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that we are flying just under the radar. . UK wasn't that hard to beat last year (twice)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that we are flying just under the radar. . UK wasn't that hard to beat last year (twice)

Better hold on to last year Chica. Hill and Walker will be good, but not good enough:whip:

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not. They look good on paper just like last year, but there's a reason all these 5 star guys didn't head to NBA. They'll have to prove they can play consistent ball w/out Randall in the line up. But who knows, maybe someone from their incoming class will step up, be the leader and make this team gel.

You mean, kind of like 2012 when Jones, Lamb, and Miller all came back?

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like FL wasn't hard for UConn to beat twice last year? :whistle:

True.. but that #1 UK team couldn't do what my Gators did. . Run the SEC undefeated. . I like our chances.. I truly do not think any team can play as many games as they play in a season and stay undefeated. . My Gators have as good of a chance for all the marbles as any one. . Besides we have Billyball and no one else does!!:lol:

Like i said. . I like that we are flying just under the radar. . We'll be just fine. . Can't wait for the season to start

Last edited by a moderator:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean, kind of like 2012 when Jones, Lamb, and Miller all came back?

I don't think that situation is comparable.. and I'm not convinced they can play together. You have to admit, UK last year would have been nothing w/out Randall. With him gone, who steps up and becomes the man? Because not one of these returning guys was capable of carrying a team anywhere.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.. but that #1 UK team couldn't do what my Gators did. . Run the SEC undefeated. . I like our chances.. I truly do not think any team can play as many games as they play in a season and stay undefeated. . My Gators have as good of a chance for all the marbles as any one. . Besides we have Billyball and no one else does!!:lol:

Like i said. . I like that we are flying just under the radar. . We'll be just fine. . Can't wait for the season to start

Actually, I think the Gators are Elite 8....at least:suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that situation is comparable.. and I'm not convinced they can play together. You have to admit, UK last year would have been nothing w/out Randall. With him gone, who steps up and becomes the man? Because not one of these returning guys was capable of carrying a team anywhere.

Hate to break it, but this years team is better. Most talented UK team in nearly 20 years

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love an all Wildcats title game. Rematch of 1997

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love an all Wildcats title game. Rematch of 1997

Yep, Miles Simon killed us. Overtime game, gotta give Zona credit, but if Pitino played D.A(who had just been medically cleared)....well, he was UK's best player. Classy move by Rick to protect the kids future vs risk it to win a title though

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to break it, but this years team is better. Most talented UK team in nearly 20 years

You would know your better than I would, but what did you see out of these guys last year that leads you to believe that? Either way, I guess we'll know by the middle of next week if they're able to get it done.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that Randall was a beast last season but you may recall that he had to sit for long stretches at a time during several big games last season.

My counterpoint is this - I don't believe "one" person has to step up to fill those numbers. We're long, fast, and very athletic with enough depth and talent to more than make up for the loss of Randall and Young.

It's obviously just my opinion but we'll soon find out I guess. :suds:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Randall was a beast last season but you may recall that he had to sit for long stretches at a time during several big games last season.

My counterpoint is this - I don't believe "one" person has to step up to fill those numbers. We're long, fast, and very athletic with enough depth and talent to more than make up for the loss of Randall and Young.

It's obviously just my opinion but we'll soon find out I guess. :suds:

I agree with you, but I thought the same about OSU last year and D. Thomas heading to the NBA left us confused and very mediocre w/out a big scoring option. That said, you guys should have more talent coming back this year than we did last. I guess if I were a Kentucky fan, I'd like to see some losses early on to get out of the spot light and then turn it on when the tournament rolls around... I know your guys are no longer freshman, but this much pre-season hype just can't be good for them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would know your better than I would, but what did you see out of these guys last year that leads you to believe that? Either way, I guess we'll know by the middle of next week if they're able to get it done.

I think we may lose a couple early, but I do think this team will be a great team in March.

UK is 12 deep. When Willis and Hawkins won't see the court as 11 and 12, you are 12 deep.

That depth and 5/5 platoon system will allow the cats to scrimmage daily into 2 cohesive 5 man units, and allow Cal to match up any way he needs to at the end of games

The finished 2nd last year....with WCS injured

The biggest jump a college player makes in production is from their freshman to soph year. The Twins cut their body fat to 4% this summer, Johnson and Lee were both already surging at the end last season

Their freshman class is actually underrated this year. All four guys are gonna be big time contributers this season

They have 11 kids on the roster that will be drafted whenever they leave school.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we may lose a couple early, but I do think this team will be a great team in March.

UK is 12 deep. When Willis and Hawkins won't see the court as 11 and 12, you are 12 deep.

That depth and 5/5 platoon system will allow the cats to scrimmage daily into 2 cohesive 5 man units, and allow Cal to match up any way he needs to at the end of games

The finished 2nd last year....with WCS injured

The biggest jump a college player makes in production is from their freshman to soph year. The Twins cut their body fat to 4% this summer, Johnson and Lee were both already surging at the end last season

Their freshman class is actually underrated this year. All four guys are gonna be big time contributers this season

They have 11 kids on the roster that will be drafted whenever they leave school.

It will be interesting for sure.. as I said in the other post, I don't think having these guys losing some early is a bad thing. Always fun anyways to see some of these early match-ups just to mess up the rankings a little bit.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more top 10 5 stars for Coach Cal. Guy is the best recruiter since Wooden

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that really the comparison you want to draw? Do you not know the history of UCLA's recruiting? Does the name Sam Gilbert ring a bell?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To bad one of those two is Enes Kanter part two, won't ever play a minute for you. Briscoe is a great pickup though, I'll never understand why we didn't take him because we were his #1 school the whole time. Sean chose trier abs Justin Simon over him so let's hope that works out.