• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA crushes ASU....Texas must be better than we think

Sid Mead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas was UCLA's last game before ASU.
They beat ASU 62-27 and beat Texas 20-17.

I mean it's not really the 'transitive' property, it's the same team from one game to the next, playing away from home both games.

Texas is obviously better than we think.:omg::wtf2:

Or am I wrong??

Well, Texas was an OOC game for the Bruins. So given the choice between the Longhorns or saving your best for the start of the conference, me thinks Mora chose to wait for last night.

Has Charlie stopped suspending players yet ? :whistle:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,722.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Virginia and Memphis are both better than the experts think.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya. These lame teams we have played so far tell me nothing, and SCar could have all been luck. Or we are that good. Hope it's the later.

I don't think it was luck I just think A&M jumped on South Carolina right out of the gate. I think the Aggie defense did a good job at stopping South Carolina's ground game even when their best running back was in for a few plays. Since when have you seen A&M beat a ranked conference or out of conference opponent on the road by 3 tds or more?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was luck I just think A&M jumped on South Carolina right out of the gate. I think the Aggie defense did a good job at stopping South Carolina's ground game even when their best running back was in for a few plays. Since when have you seen A&M beat a ranked conference or out of conference opponent on the road by 3 tds or more?

Aggy is legit as well.......and you KNOW I hate to admit that. They don't have a great defense......but they don't have to. All they need is an adequate defense and their offense to win.

I think Kenny Hill has the chance to be better than Manziel because I think he knows more of the offense. Manziel excelled at making plays not in the playbook. Hill is going to run the entire playbook and make proper reads. That offense is going to be incredibly hard to stop.

Aggy is the Baylor of the SEC......incredible offense, opportunistic defense. Well to be fair, their defense is a lot better than Baylors', but the offenses are similar.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggy is legit as well.......and you KNOW I hate to admit that. They don't have a great defense......but they don't have to. All they need is an adequate defense and their offense to win.

I think Kenny Hill has the chance to be better than Manziel because I think he knows more of the offense. Manziel excelled at making plays not in the playbook. Hill is going to run the entire playbook and make proper reads. That offense is going to be incredibly hard to stop.

Aggy is the Baylor of the SEC......incredible offense, opportunistic defense. Well to be fair, their defense is a lot better than Baylors', but the offenses are similar.

You no longer need a good D in the SEC. Aggy completely changed the mindset of that conference.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA looked good last night. Hundley looked good, #1 was unstoppable, and ASU had some tackling issues.

ASU's backup looked really good at times, I thought.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit man if Texas is THAT good just think of how good BYU is...

BYU, for whatever reason, always looks like world beaters against Texas.

BYU is a good team, but maybe not quite as good as they look against Texas.

Just my opinions

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wait, did we just compare losing Brett Hundley and Taylor Kelly to losing David Ashe? All those teams lost their starting QBs but not all starting QBs are equal.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, did we just compare losing Brett Hundley and Taylor Kelly to losing David Ashe? All those teams lost their starting QBs but not all starting QBs are equal.

This is a true point.

Speaking for Texas, it wasnt just losing the only quarterback with any experience whatsoever, it's losing starting center, both starting tackles (one of them would likely be the starter...)and two gamebreakers at receiver.

Add them all together, and you get the Texas situation.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not how it works. Perhaps UCLA matched up better against ASU. An average BYU team beat the brakes off Texas two years in a row on their home turf. Is Texas as bad as BYU made them look? Not likely. Just a poor match up for Texas.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU, for whatever reason, always looks like world beaters against Texas.

BYU is a good team, but maybe not quite as good as they look against Texas.

Just my opinions

giving a team turnovers and short fields tend to make scores pretty ugly, especially when you go against a QB like that. I doubt he makes it to the pros, but there are not a lot of college QBs I take over him. He is probably goign to be the best QB that Texas's faces this year, a healthy Pety could change that

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giving a team turnovers and short fields tend to make scores pretty ugly, especially when you go against a QB like that. I doubt he makes it to the pros, but there are not a lot of college QBs I take over him. He is probably goign to be the best QB that Texas's faces this year, a healthy Pety could change that

I agree, that son-of-a-gun is a baller. I'd be thrilled to have him as quarterback

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what we saw last night was the size and conditioning of UCLA dictate the second half. ASU may have the smallest defense of any team in the top 25. What it tells me about Texas is that they're well conditioned and can compete via playing disciplined football aka The Strong Strategy.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how far does ucla climb? how far does ASU fall. theres a few teams in the top 10 that dont have a win over a ranked opponent. id stick UCLA at 6 or 7. maybe ASU at 18

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how far does ucla climb? how far does ASU fall. theres a few teams in the top 10 that dont have a win over a ranked opponent. id stick UCLA at 6 or 7. maybe ASU at 18

BIG12 BIG12 BIG12 :suds: