• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Toughest P5 Division?

Toughest P5 Division?

• Total voters

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only brought in outside sources to further enhance my argument, not make it the basis of the argument. If he has no credibility with you that's fine. He is respected in college football cycles since he was part of the bcs formula. And yes I realize the SECW had a crappy bowl season. But does the rest of the OOC not count? They did go 28-0. The Sporting News still had them #1 despite the crappy bowl season.
To be fair, The Sporting News is kinda junk outside of their baseball coverage.

I'm not saying it's definitive either way. There's more than 1 way to look at it. I guess the main crux of my argument is that it's not so black and white that it's automatically the SECW. With the coaching and talent coming into the B1G East, I fully expect them to continue to ascend.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, The Sporting News is kinda junk outside of their baseball coverage.

I'm not saying it's definitive either way. There's more than 1 way to look at it. I guess the main crux of my argument is that it's not so black and white that it's automatically the SECW. With the coaching and talent coming into the B1G East, I fully expect them to continue to ascend.

So I guess Bleacher Report is the only good source to use then? lol

And I would agree with your last paragraph, the division is definitely on the ascend. Michigan not sucking will certainly help.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Bleacher Report is the only good source to use then? lol

And I would agree with your last paragraph, the division is definitely on the ascend. Michigan not sucking will certainly help.
Guess I had that coming, though I would give it as much merit as a guy who ranked a 6-loss team 10th in the nation.

Yeah that'll help. I also think Penn State is slowly picking up. They've brought in some real studs at important positions recently, especially RB. I also think Rutgers and Maryland should at least become relevant again soon, especially Maryland. They're doing work in recruiting and have all that UA money.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC West.

This really should have been "second-best P5 division" in which case I'm forced to go with the Pac 12 North.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Big Ten (.848)

The Big Ten did not stumble out of the gate as they did in 2014. Big Ten members defeated three champions of other conferences: Indiana (Conference USA), Northwestern (Pac-12) and Penn State (Mountain West). The Big Ten has a respectable record versus the ACC (4-3), the Big 12 (2-2) and the Pac-12 (3-2). The conference finished 3-0 versus the service academies. The Big Ten split its two games versus BYU.

2. SEC (.741)

Just like last season, the SEC had impressive results in September then faded over the course of the season. SEC teams lost three out of four of their intra-state matches versus the ACC to finish 4-3 against their nearby conference brethren. Two wins over AAC teams in September were negated by two losses in October. South Carolina also lost to the Citadel, an FCS member.

However, there were some reasons to boast. SEC members did win their sole games against the Big Ten and the Pac-12, respectively. Also, SEC teams defeated both divisional champions of Conference USA.

3. Pac-12 (.674)

Washington State lost to FCS member Portland State in its season opener. Two Pac-12 teams lost to Mountain West opponents in the first week of the season as well. During the rest of the regular season, the Pac-12 won the other 11 games against the MW. Later in the season, the Pac-12 finished 1-1 against Notre Dame.

4. Big 12 (.567)

Eight of the 10 members played a team from the FCS. Kansas lost to one of those, South Dakota State. Also, Big 12 schools were only 2-1 versus the MAC. On the bright side, the Big 12 won both contests against the SEC.

5. ACC (.500)

The ACC hurt its score with every member playing at least one opponent from the FCS. The schools also finished 1-5 versus Notre Dame. The Coastal Division winner, North Carolina, lost on a neutral field to South Carolina. The Gamecocks finished 3-9. One of the ACC's three wins versus the SEC was against the SEC East Division champion (Florida State over Florida).

6. American Athletic (.479)

The AAC still has not proved that it is on par with the Power 5 conferences. The members, including AAC East winner Temple, lost both games versus Notre Dame and all three matchups with BYU. On a positive note, the AAC did win two of its four games against the SEC.

- See more at: Ranking College Football Conferences After November

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god man, it's an opinion. I gave me reasons. I'm so sorry I don't have someone else's word to encourage you, but as I've said, I don't give a shit what you think.

I notice you still can't back up any other the other bullshit Sagarin had in his rankings that I pointed out, though. Typical.

Isn't that included in the fact that this is a poll? No disrespect to the person who was questioning your opinion, but sometimes people gotta learn to read. I hate to have the back of an ohio state fan, but you may have what ever opinion you wish..

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that included in the fact that this is a poll? No disrespect to the person who was questioning your opinion, but sometimes people gotta learn to read. I hate to have the back of an ohio state fan, but you may have what ever opinion you wish..
He and I butt heads pretty often on here, so I knew it was only going to be a matter of time in a thread like this.

But thanks, and ya know, go to hell. :suds:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BCF Toys - 2014 SOS Ratings

1. Auburn
2. Alabama
4. Texas A&M
5. Miss St
6. Ohio St

That's 4 SEC West teams before you get to the 1st Big10 team.

7 Arkansas
8 Florida
9 Tennessee
10 Ole Miss
13 LSU
14 Michigan St

That's every single SEC West team, plus a few other SEC teams, before we get to even the 2nd Big10 team.

For some reason, that doesn't sound anything like your original post.

:think:

Based on your posts it doesn't seem you do either.

SoS is a measure of how tough your opponents are FYI.

Way to talk about the strength of your conference.

View attachment 125420

So you just don't know how to click links posted, or you just want to pretend a source hasn't already been given?

Yeah, that was some funny shit.

Unless you really believe it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. I can't keep my dick out of crazy...it's like it has a mind of it's own. One that keeps saying "Hang on, this is gonna be fun..."