• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula hand picked Dlineman?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats funny coming from a guy with a penchant for totally dismissing player who were picked if they were not the guys he wanted.

And Im going to drop a little reality bomb on you right now.

Leonard Williams, Despite being on a much better defense over the past two seasons with much better help, barely out performed Chris Baker. IM not saying Baker was a better player. I am saying Williams made the Pro Bowl as an alternate based on his name more so than some other worldly level of production. And had we drafted him over Scherff, I dont think he would have had nearly the production he has had over the past two years.

You are beautiful. If Williams was drafted our dline would have not been as bad as they were last year. If Allen drafted Jackson over LOng our oline would have been better. Simple as that

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say this as if Allen and Dan have actually been GOOD in the draft room. You do realize this is the brain trust behind one of the worst draft traded since Jesus took Judas over a piece of drift wood right??

Not the question. You guys are denying that SM didn't have full control over the FA and the draft that year. that is bullshit.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you and shark have been bashing the FA pickups. Doesn't Allen deserve credit for landing Pryor and Swearinger? I never saw you guys write anything about that.
Then go look again

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are beautiful. If Williams was drafted our dline would have not been as bad as they were last year. If Allen drafted Jackson over LOng our oline would have been better. Simple as that

You cant make moves in a vacuum. If we had drafted Jackson, who would be playing center right now?? And its your assumption our D-line would have been better. But again I ask, if he was that good, why is it he only had 20 more tackles and half a sack more than Baker who played on a much less talented defense??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant make moves in a vacuum. If we had drafted Jackson, who would be playing center right now?? And its your assumption our D-line would have been better. But again I ask, if he was that good, why is it he only had 20 more tackles and half a sack more than Baker who played on a much less talented defense??
Stop clouding the issue with facts . Williams was deans man crush so that is it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Williams has huge upside. Are you really arguing this? No vacuum. Three major mistakes from the draft the two I just mentioned and the Matt Jones trade down. If I was the GM. Gabe Jackson, Williams, and Johnson would be on this team right now and a lot of the PROBLEMS we have now would have been solved.

Matter of fact any common fan could of predicted the moves I just mentioned. Sometimes boys it is just that easy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop clouding the issue with facts . Williams was deans man crush so that is it

You guys are hilarious. Keep denying SM wasn't in charge of the 2015 off season. Keep doing it to make you feel better.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are hilarious. Keep denying SM wasn't in charge of the 2015 off season. Keep doing it to make you feel better.

IM confused... when have we ever said he wasnt in charge of the 2015 off season. Aside from picking up RG3 option, which was totally a Dan move, he was otherwise fully in charge of the off season.

Again you would have had us draft Jackson, rely on a Moses coming off of injury, Draft Williams...

And have no center right now, still need another OG, likely two as Lavaou is average at best. Well Dean you got what you wanted, Bevis and Butt-head are in full control again with no adult supervision. lets see what they do. But can we agree, anything less than 10 wins and they have once again failed. I mean you seem to think every move they have made is an upgrade, so it should show on the field correct? Or is winning off the field the way of the Redskins once again??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM confused... when have we ever said he wasnt in charge of the 2015 off season. Aside from picking up RG3 option, which was totally a Dan move, he was otherwise fully in charge of the off season.

Again you would have had us draft Jackson, rely on a Moses coming off of injury, Draft Williams...

And have no center right now, still need another OG, likely two as Lavaou is average at best. Well Dean you got what you wanted, Bevis and Butt-head are in full control again with no adult supervision. lets see what they do. But can we agree, anything less than 10 wins and they have once again failed. I mean you seem to think every move they have made is an upgrade, so it should show on the field correct? Or is winning off the field the way of the Redskins once again??

I think many upgrades have been made by players and coaches. Coaches no doubt. 9 wins can still get you in the playoffs. Very doubtful Dallas puts up 13 wins again.

the Center position would have been addressed. We are going back two years now. Most fans would rather have Jackson, Williams, and D. Johnson right now over Long, Scherff, and Jones. That is what I am trying to prove to you.

skinsdad is trying to say SM did not have full control over the 2015 draft. I am saying he did and Scherff was his pick. Just like he had Matt Jones ranked higher or just as good as Johnson, Coleman, and Duke Johnson. I think those mistakes and Long over Jackson contribute to the major problems in years past plus this year.

What is really sick is that Long and Jones had medical issues coming out of college which makes this hurt even more.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did we make that leap dean? I challenge you to find any post I have made that says I think SM wasnt In charge of his first draft. Or hell even the 2nd one

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did we make that leap dean? I challenge you to find any post I have made that says I think SM wasnt In charge of his first draft. Or hell even the 2nd one

you said Calhan wanted Scherff. No prove of that at all.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many upgrades have been made by players and coaches. Coaches no doubt. 9 wins can still get you in the playoffs. Very doubtful Dallas puts up 13 wins again.

the Center position would have been addressed. We are going back two years now. Most fans would rather have Jackson, Williams, and D. Johnson right now over Long, Scherff, and Jones. That is what I am trying to prove to you.

skinsdad is trying to say SM did not have full control over the 2015 draft. I am saying he did and Scherff was his pick. Just like he had Matt Jones ranked higher or just as good as Johnson, Coleman, and Duke Johnson. I think those mistakes and Long over Jackson contribute to the major problems in years past plus this year.

What is really sick is that Long and Jones had medical issues coming out of college which makes this hurt even more.

Hind sight is always 20/20 Dean. And you cant assume they would have addressed any position you think they should have ignored to take the players you wanted.

Sorry Dude, you are pimping the line that Bruce can be just as good if not a better talent elevator as Scot. So nine wins and backing into the playoffs on the hopes that other teams suck just wont cut it. If Bevis and Butt-head cant produce real solid improvements, at minimum 10 wins and a playoffs birth that doesnt hinge on a week 17 win or go home, at best they tread water, at worst we regressed under your hero's watch.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said Calhan wanted Scherff. No prove of that at all.

And you have thrown out the BS that Tomsula hand picked McClain and McGhee... aside from after the fact spin there is zero proof of that. Again sounds like alot of Ashburn damage control.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hind sight is always 20/20 Dean. And you cant assume they would have addressed any position you think they should have ignored to take the players you wanted.

Sorry Dude, you are pimping the line that Bruce can be just as good if not a better talent elevator as Scot. So nine wins and backing into the playoffs on the hopes that other teams suck just wont cut it. If Bevis and Butt-head cant produce real solid improvements, at minimum 10 wins and a playoffs birth that doesnt hinge on a week 17 win or go home, at best they tread water, at worst we regressed under your hero's watch.

What!!! They took the same positional players 2 out of the 3 guys I just mentioned. If you want to give Allen one off season to fix this that is your opinion. I just proved Sm talent evualtion is very suspect.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have thrown out the BS that Tomsula hand picked McClain and McGhee... aside from after the fact spin there is zero proof of that. Again sounds like alot of Ashburn damage control.

So you really think Tomsula had no impact on those two DL signings it was all Allen??? What are you smoking.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon talk about the great pick ups of Paea and Culliver by SM. So Sm gets a free pass from that too??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you really think Tomsula had no impact on those two DL signings it was all Allen??? What are you smoking.

Allen has been here for six years dude. He decided he needed to be in charge again. So IM sorry, he helped create the mess Scot got handed. Now if he cant improve on what the guy he fired got started, he needs fired.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

About as much as you think Callahan dint have a bit of pull on the SCherff pick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon talk about the great pick ups of Paea and Culliver by SM. So Sm gets a free pass from that too??

When did we say he gets a pass. Dude was handed a 4-12 roster.. .created by one Bruce kingdingaling Allen. He took that roster and won a division, and just missed the playoffs. Did he have some misses in there. Sure he did. But the roster SHOULD be in a shit ton better shape than what he was handed at the start of 2015. Bruce handed him a squad that was picking in the top ten, Scot left a team that barely missed the playoffs.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Williams would have made our DL better.

But then we wouldn't have Scherff so our OL would be worse.

I would go a step further and say without Scherff our OL would regress more than our DL would improve with Williams.