• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zack Brown & McGee cut

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Redskins released linebacker Zach Brown and defensive lineman Stacy McGee, moves which create additional salary cap space and signals a new direction at both positions, a source confirmed.

Both moves, which save a combined $8 million, were long expected. USA Today first reported the moves.

The Redskins entered the free agency period with approximately $17 million in available cap space. They traded for quarterback Case Keenum and signed safety Landon Collins, moves that will occupy a combined $7.5 million in cap space this season. But if the Redskins want to add more players, and have enough for draft picks, they needed to free more room. Not every move was just about the salary cap, but each one does bring financial relief.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like mentioned above - this is hardly unexpected. I sure hope that nobody here is badmouthing these moves. McGee is the odd man out with all of the recent influx of DL talent for the Skins. Brown pretty much sealed his fate last season with his poor play & whining. Is Mason Foster still on the roster? If so his days have to be numbered.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now hearing rumors that Skins may actually re-sign Dix. We will see - a lot going on in Ashburn.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now hearing rumors that Skins may actually re-sign Dix. We will see - a lot going on in Ashburn.
I would be totally against resigning Dix as he showed very little after coming over.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Nicholson better. He must have pissed somebody off on that staff.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much would clay Mathews cost

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be totally against resigning Dix as he showed very little after coming over.

yeah, you might as well formulate 100% of your opinion on like a 5-6 game window. Screw what he did in college and his first few years in the league!

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like mentioned above - this is hardly unexpected. I sure hope that nobody here is badmouthing these moves. McGee is the odd man out with all of the recent influx of DL talent for the Skins. Brown pretty much sealed his fate last season with his poor play & whining. Is Mason Foster still on the roster? If so his days have to be numbered.

ACTUALLY

I would have rather seen Mason Foster cut. I dont know what the plan for ILB is but if you are relying on Hamilton to stay healthy that is a hope and prayer.

I guess Skins are just ganna go back to neglecting the position and then in 3-4 seasons fans will be ecstatic again when they sign a player like Brown who is an above average ILB

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACTUALLY

I would have rather seen Mason Foster cut. I dont know what the plan for ILB is but if you are relying on Hamilton to stay healthy that is a hope and prayer.

I guess Skins are just ganna go back to neglecting the position and then in 3-4 seasons fans will be ecstatic again when they sign a player like Brown who is an above average ILB

Still likely M. Foster is released. 3-4 seasons? LOL. There are still lots of moves that can made this offseason (including the draft) as well as future offseasons. You act like everything has to be done for the upcoming season. Oh well - please keep badmouthing absolutely every move they make (I admit they make lots of bad moves but not every one).

Again - why are you still here? I thought that you were going to root for some other NFL team. Please stop punishing yourself.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked with Zach Brown. Went from a tackling machine when we had him for cheap to not being able to stop a butterfly when he got paid. Money makes some men lazy. IE Haynesworth. We got a good D-Line, no LB’s and a expensive decent secondary. Hope we can get some help in FA.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked with Zach Brown. Went from a tackling machine when we had him for cheap to not being able to stop a butterfly when he got paid. Money makes some men lazy. IE Haynesworth. We got a good D-Line, no LB’s and a expensive decent secondary. Hope we can get some help in FA.

No LBs? Kerrigan has at least few decent years left in him & R. Foster should be a real plus after he is reinstated. Some question marks for the other guys but some potential.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still likely M. Foster is released. 3-4 seasons? LOL. There are still lots of moves that can made this offseason (including the draft) as well as future offseasons. You act like everything has to be done for the upcoming season. Oh well - please keep badmouthing absolutely every move they make (I admit they make lots of bad moves but not every one).

Again - why are you still here? I thought that you were going to root for some other NFL team. Please stop punishing yourself.

sometimes breakups take awhile. I'll admit this past season I have never been more apathetic with results in my life, IF i even watched the game.... I used to never miss a game.

Now I'm in that phase where I dont care, BUT I am still keeping tabs. Like I am checking her instagram or facebook etc even if I dont FEEL anything

Its totally happening, however I do leave a slight window open in case Snyder is mortally injured in a car crash, dies suddenly, or sells the team. I'd be pulled right back in.

As it is, I dont want to waste another 20 years with Snyder and my new son offers me a chance to start fresh with him following a team in the city we live. A team that is not insanely dysfunctional or the laughing stock of the league. A team that over the last 20 years has been relatively good.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now to the 3-4 season thing that you scoffed at..... Pretty sure Will Compton and an aging London Fletcher, Keenan Robinson, and Perry Riley may have actually been longer then 3-4 seasons.... come on now with the short term memory.

The position was neglected for 4-5 years. We brought in Zach Brown who is an above average ILB and it was a freaking revelation after what we had endured at the position for the previous 4 seasons.

Now it looks like we are once again going to take same approach. Trying to fill the position with a 6th round player with major injury concerns and nfl journeymen types.

Every move they have made minus the Keenan deal actually has been bad, hence warranting the bad mouthing. This organization does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I can't disagree with anything that you wrote, Washington is still seen as the place where you can come to get paid and there's no one here who will hold you to the hard work that attracted you to them in the first place.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes breakups take awhile. I'll admit this past season I have never been more apathetic with results in my life, IF i even watched the game.... I used to never miss a game.

Now I'm in that phase where I dont care, BUT I am still keeping tabs. Like I am checking her instagram or facebook etc even if I dont FEEL anything

Its totally happening, however I do leave a slight window open in case Snyder is mortally injured in a car crash, dies suddenly, or sells the team. I'd be pulled right back in.

As it is, I dont want to waste another 20 years with Snyder and my new son offers me a chance to start fresh with him following a team in the city we live. A team that is not insanely dysfunctional or the laughing stock of the league. A team that over the last 20 years has been relatively good.

Pining over exes is a complete waste of time - ditto doing similar for some team that you no longer like. So - is your intent to troll those of us who still remain Redskins fans? You have already bashed DC knowing full well that a lot of folks here either live in the DC area or were raised in that area. That is in pretty bad taste IMO. You just appear to be one of these folks who likes to troll non-stop.

Oh well - enjoy & keep wasting your time following a team that you apparently hate. Whatever.