• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula hand picked Dlineman?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive improvement?

• The Redskins lost their best defensive lineman in free agency when Chris Baker signed with Tampa. Then the team cut Ricky Jean-François, arguably their second best D-lineman. To offset those losses, Washington signed Terrell McClain and Stacy McGee. Neither player has a particularly impressive resume, and it's hard to distinctly state that the 'Skins defensive front has improved by the change in personnel. Allen explained that McGee and McClain were specifically targeted to play for new D-line coach Jim Tomsula. Considering that, perhaps the moves make more sense.
  • Takeaway: The Redskins think having Tomsula coach the D-line, and the type of players he wants on the line, will lead to rapid improvement.

If Tomsula wanted these guys in FA that would mean no one on this board should argue the pickups.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive improvement?

• The Redskins lost their best defensive lineman in free agency when Chris Baker signed with Tampa. Then the team cut Ricky Jean-François, arguably their second best D-lineman. To offset those losses, Washington signed Terrell McClain and Stacy McGee. Neither player has a particularly impressive resume, and it's hard to distinctly state that the 'Skins defensive front has improved by the change in personnel. Allen explained that McGee and McClain were specifically targeted to play for new D-line coach Jim Tomsula. Considering that, perhaps the moves make more sense.
  • Takeaway: The Redskins think having Tomsula coach the D-line, and the type of players he wants on the line, will lead to rapid improvement.

If Tomsula wanted these guys in FA that would mean no one on this board should argue the pickups.

You do realize the above phrase will be used against you in another debate don't you ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive improvement?

Double standard much Dean?? If we had said the same thing about the Scherff pick, and that Callahan was standing on the table for him... would you still said we made the right move??

I ask this because it sounds a bit like spin doctoring from Ashburn.... oh we released RJF and didnt resign Baker because the coach hand picked these guys instead.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double standard much Dean?? If we had said the same thing about the Scherff pick, and that Callahan was standing on the table for him... would you still said we made the right move??

I ask this because it sounds a bit like spin doctoring from Ashburn.... oh we released RJF and didnt resign Baker because the coach hand picked these guys instead.

First of all two different situations, the 5th overall pick in the draft vs FA. 2nd, if was widely reported that Sm wanted Scherff over the advice from his coaching and scouting dept.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah show me ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the above phrase will be used against you in another debate don't you ?

How? If Tomusla wanted these guys like this article says( I got if from tandlers website) how can it be used against me. If this offseason becomes one of the best offseasons how can you guys even post on here. Bashing the offseason before we even play a game. Its shameful.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all two different situations, the 5th overall pick in the draft vs FA. 2nd, if was widely reported that Sm wanted Scherff over the advice from his coaching and scouting dept.

IM sure you have them book marked, so please... share these wide reports??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM sure you have them book marked, so please... share these wide reports??

I don't. It was reported that SM had total control over his first draft. What I do know is Gruden press conference after the Giants game making fun of drafting a OG. Remember that one boys.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? If Tomusla wanted these guys like this article says( I got if from tandlers website) how can it be used against me. If this offseason becomes one of the best offseasons how can you guys even post on here. Bashing the offseason before we even play a game. Its shameful.

So if we go back to our old ways of winning off the field, we should expect no more Dean posts??

Bottom line, Bruce was handed a team on the rise. He decided he needed to be the king dingaling. If this team under his watch does not at minimum get a wild card birth then Bruce is a complete and utter failure.

Anything short of 10 wins and a decisive Wild card birth well before week 16 and Bruce needs fired.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did we leap to bashing the off season ? As far as player are concerned . You stated we can't criticize the 2 d/lineman. Because Tomula wanted them ? However Callahan wanted sheriff. Dean you are such a sheep . Allen has lied pretty much this hole off season and your deaf dumb blind ass slurps up he kool aid

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we go back to our old ways of winning off the field, we should expect no more Dean posts??

Bottom line, Bruce was handed a team on the rise. He decided he needed to be the king dingaling. If this team under his watch does not at minimum get a wild card birth then Bruce is a complete and utter failure.

Anything short of 10 wins and a decisive Wild card birth well before week 16 and Bruce needs fired.

lol. No you shouldn't post on here. You, skinsdad, socal, and others have totally bashed this off season even before the draft. Im not saying these guys will work or not but you must give them a chance.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did we leap to bashing the off season ? As far as player are concerned . You stated we can't criticize the 2 d/lineman. Because Tomula wanted them ? However Callahan wanted sheriff. Dean you are such a sheep . Allen has lied pretty much this hole off season and your deaf dumb blind ass slurps up he kool aid

You do not know for a fact the Calhann wanted Scherff. I know from a friend of a friend of a friend that is a close personal friend of AJ Smith. Aj Smith told him that SM had full control over draft decisions and FA in his first year.

I know you guys wont believe me but AJ Smith grew up In RI and I know the guys who know him since high school.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have bashed the firing of SM . I am not bashing the signings . All are reasonable I am bashing the KC fiasco .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I am sure Callahan. Said fuck it take the wr

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have bashed the firing of SM . I am not bashing the signings . All are reasonable I am bashing the KC fiasco .

you and shark have been bashing the FA pickups. Doesn't Allen deserve credit for landing Pryor and Swearinger? I never saw you guys write anything about that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I am sure Callahan. Said fuck it take the wr

Do you really think if Allen or Synder had the final say in the draft room they would of taken Scherff? No. Its just another point in why SM had full control in the draft room and FA that year. Are you denying this???

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus a lot of well know GM's including Bill polian applauded the way the Skins handled KC last year by giving him the tag. Now all of a sudden it gets blown out of proportion now?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. No you shouldn't post on here. You, skinsdad, socal, and others have totally bashed this off season even before the draft. Im not saying these guys will work or not but you must give them a chance.

Thats funny coming from a guy with a penchant for totally dismissing player who were picked if they were not the guys he wanted.

And Im going to drop a little reality bomb on you right now.

Leonard Williams, Despite being on a much better defense over the past two seasons with much better help, barely out performed Chris Baker. IM not saying Baker was a better player. I am saying Williams made the Pro Bowl as an alternate based on his name more so than some other worldly level of production. And had we drafted him over Scherff, I dont think he would have had nearly the production he has had over the past two years.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think if Allen or Synder had the final say in the draft room they would of taken Scherff? No. Its just another point in why SM had full control in the draft room and FA that year. Are you denying this???

You say this as if Allen and Dan have actually been GOOD in the draft room. You do realize this is the brain trust behind one of the worst draft traded since Jesus took Judas over a piece of drift wood right??