• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge seems to be trending towards the Lakers

Despite all their success (and only team with winning record vs every other team), lack of state income tax, and warm sunny climate......

The Spurs almost never can land any free agents.

This is nothing new if they dont get a player. I cannot remember a single big time free agent who signed with SA.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca remember when I said DJ to the Bucks and you jumped all over me?? Apparently he's meeting with them… lol. Not saying it'll happen, but I told you I wasn't crazy. That team is so long and athletic already… with him they'd be scary good.

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still bitter that my boy DAngelo Russell went to the LA Fakers.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Despite all their success (and only team with winning record vs every other team), lack of state income tax, and warm sunny climate......

This is nothing new if they dont get a player. I cannot remember a single big time free agent who signed with SA.

I wouldn't go that far. He hasn't even had meetings yet. The "trend" is just a fabrication that stems from the Lakers taking Russell and people with no real sources claiming that must mean Aldridge is going to LA. They're just connecting dots that aren't really there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far. He hasn't even had meetings yet. The "trend" is just a fabrication that stems from the Lakers taking Russell and people with no real sources claiming that must mean Aldridge is going to LA. They're just connecting dots that aren't really there.
+1 It's the silly season right now- all though everything that I have read still has the Spurs as LA's #1 landing place. I think most of the hype surrounding LA to the Lakers has been centered around the fact that the Lakers will at least be considered when a couple months ago no one thought that was even a possibility.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed the Cavs traded him. He has toughness and seems to hit the big shot at the right moment. I think he could be pretty good.
I was a little bummed they did not keep the pick- but understand what they are doing by trading out of the first round as it relates to the salary cap. If they bring in a solid veteran point guard or combo guard like a Mo Williams or a Jameer Nelson to come off the bench I will not have a second thought about it that is for sure. Is Randy Foye's deal up with the Nuggets? I always liked his shooting and toughness and talent level as a point/combo guy of the bench.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'll just waste money on resigning JR to 10 mil a year or TT for 15. this is the shit i hate about lebron
No way Jr gets 10M a year.

Thompson will probably get 15 or close to it though. At one point I never thought Anderosn Varejao would EVER develop a reliable jumper- and he did. Thompson is among the hardest workers in the league. We have already seen his growth as a player and he is only 24 years old. If he can eventually develop a decent jumper and continue to improve his post game- he will be a damn good power forward.

Rigt now Thompson does a couple things on an ELITE level 1. Reboud- his rebounding is insane, especially his offensive rebounding. 2. His defense- especially his pick and roll defense is one of the best in the game for a big man. Not many big men in the league can switch out onto a guard and play them as well as Thompson does- which makes the defensive versatile and tough. He has really improved his 1 on 1 defense as well. and 3. Thompson never gets hurt and he never gets tired- he has played the 2nd most consecutve games in the entire league- and it seems he is at his best- especialyon the offensive glass at the end of games where he has a burst of energy right when the opposition is really wearing down.

Also- Thompson has great character and work ethic. This is not a guy that you will worry will slack off once he gets that big deal- or worry about his off the court behavior. He has great characer and work ethic- which is far from a given in todays NBA- which makes him just a little easier to pay.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think a sleeper destination for Love or LA is Houston.

No state income tax, the team just got to the Conference Finals, and LA is from Texas- and Love would have his #2 role there. Love would especially probably really like playing with a guy like Dwight who lets Love play his game instead of being forced down low which will probably be the case if Love looks at Los Angeles or Portland. I really do not think Love would relish having to play the 5, or even bang around with low-post 4's. Love's game really took of in Cleveland when Mozgov was brought in which put Love back at his role as the 4- which is where he belongs. He would have a much better version of Mozgov in Houston. I actually think Alridge would really like playing with Howard too. These offensive 4's really lke to be protected by a 5 who can protect the rim and draw the other teams toughest defensive assignment. Love cannot play the 5- it was a DISASTER defensively when he did early in the season for the Cavs and it even took awy from his offensive game quite a bit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All those sound good and all, Horns. But I live in San Antonio currently, there are other cities that I'd rather live in. But that's just me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, it's rumor mill stuff based on the Lakers picking Russell. The assumption is that Mitch has "a big in his back pocket." Maybe he does, but that doesn't mean it's Aldridge.

Besides, the Spurs no doubt have a euro stashed from a previous draft that everyone has forgotten about who will join the roster and fit in seamlessly.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol no it ain't. did my stint there, too. it ain't anything to write home to mom about...

Never been, but from what I've been told, once you've seen the Alamo and the Riverwalk, there isn't much left to do.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been, but from what I've been told, once you've seen the Alamo and the Riverwalk, there isn't much left to do.

Honestly, the best thing I found in that city was one of those high end movie theaters at Riverwalk.

The Alamo takes maybe an hour to tour if you go real slow, but it's certainly not a 'have to see'.

I think if you drink a lot, which I dont, you can find plenty to do, especially in Austin near the campus, but just overall things to do is very limited.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's pretty accurate. I've been living here for a year and change and my fiancee has been letting me know she wants to get out of here every single day. At least Austin's just a little over an hour away.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca remember when I said DJ to the Bucks and you jumped all over me?? Apparently he's meeting with them… lol. Not saying it'll happen, but I told you I wasn't crazy. That team is so long and athletic already… with him they'd be scary good.

I jumped all over you?

No.

I laughed my ass off!

Lebron met with the Suns.

How did that work out?

Snowball meets chance in hell.

Clippers, Mavs, Lakers....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................> Bucks.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have.

They have some big ass rabbits...lol

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those sound good and all, Horns. But I live in San Antonio currently, there are other cities that I'd rather live in. But that's just me.

He might pick the Spurs.

But, he would have a few other reasons not to, outside of the City.

He could usher in the New era of winning with Leonard, while Duncan takes the David Robinson role.

But, do you expect Duncan to play more than another Season?

If he goes, might Manu and Pop ride off into the sunset with him?

From what I hear, he has kids that live in both San Antonio and Dallas.

But, what will that Team look like w/out Pop and Co.?

I honestly don't understand the Dallas thing, outside of his Kids being there.

He plays the same position as their current best player and neither guy can play Center 82 games.

I think he will see what the Lakers do with their roster, maybe see if Houston can open up some cap, and those will be his 2 options if he doesn't stay in Portland.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would really suck for the warriors if he's next draymond green lol

He's not..lol

He can't shoot a lick.

But, he is a really good wing defender, which we needed after Harden carved us up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sting, I was listening to 98.7 yesterday, and they were talking about the Culture being really bad in the Suns lockerroom.

So, they seem to think that one of the Twins and Goodwin will get traded.

Nobody thinks Goodwin is a prob lem. But, they think he's redundant after taking Booker in the draft.

Do you think anyone, outside of Philly, would bite on Marcus' contract?