• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans trade overall #1 to LA Rams

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's virtually impossible for this to be an epic fail for the Titans. They already have a franchise QB and had no clear target in mind for the pick. Robinson admitted that.

The Rams could lose their fanbase.
it's a great trade for the titans no question....not sure as we sit here today if anything says franchise QB just yet

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's virtually impossible for this to be an epic fail for the Titans. They already have a franchise QB and had no clear target in mind for the pick. Robinson admitted that.

The Rams could lose their fanbase.
Just curious, but didn't you post last year around this time that you didn't like Mariota, now you are calling him a franchise QB? What changed your mind?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, you've staked your claim and why...good points, but you have some people that feel Goff is the more accurate, pro ready QB.
I'd say those folks are probably right. If they both started from day 1 next year, I think Goff would do a little better. Wentz has upside, but he isn't ready today

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, but didn't you post last year around this time that you didn't like Mariota, now you are calling him a franchise QB? What changed your mind?

I never said I didn't like him but that I thought he was overhyped. I'm much more sold on him now than I was; how can you not be?

That said...

what I meant specifically there is that he is the Titans franchise player, not that he qualifies as a "franchise QB."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are giving up an enormous bounty for sure. But, if Carson Wentz becomes the next Brett Favre, and Mariota busts, well, we will hear a lot about this trade.

Not saying that will happen, just saying, it is always too early to judge a trade like this before players take the field.

The Rams are moving to LA. They need a face for the franchise. So you have to factor that in here as well. If this guy becomes even a top 15 QB, it's a good trade for the Rams, business wise, as they seek to win back fans in La La Land.
Well the good thing for Tenn is that if Mariota busts badly they can take a QB with the overall pick next year and add him to all of their other early draft picks...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Wentz is a couple inches taller, 30 lbs heavier, a better athlete, a stronger arm, and for all the NDS Comp level, he was a star SR bowl week .He needs a year and a half to two years to learn the game, but hid talent is all you could ask for .

Not only is Goff not the physical specimen Wentz is, he is a system QB who played terrible against the tougher teams on Cal's schedule .Not saying he will never be a starter, but I think he's going to be limited to a west coast scheme to have any success
I think Wentz does have the physical traits, but this is quite a risk for the Rams to tie their future to a guy that lost to Montana and South Dakota St this year and whose team won every year with or without him. Plus even against that level of competition his career stats were 45 TDs, 14 Ints and only completed 392 passes. Goff's stats this year were 43/13 and 341 completions.

Plus, I know Wentz was supposedly so great Sr Bowl week, but he looked terrible the short time he was actually in the game.

As I said on the Cowboy board a couple of weeks ago, Wentz is growing on me and I thought he looked great in the clips I saw of his Pro Day...but there is a lot of risk there. I think he will probably be a good QB. I just think Goff seems like a better pick, but I like what I see of Wentz and he seems like a good kid, so good luck to him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wentz does have the physical traits, but this is quite a risk for the Rams to tie their future to a guy that lost to Montana and South Dakota St this year and whose team won every year with or without him. Plus even against that level of competition his career stats were 45 TDs, 14 Ints and only completed 392 passes. Goff's stats this year were 43/13 and 341 completions.

Plus, I know Wentz was supposedly so great Sr Bowl week, but he looked terrible the short time he was actually in the game.

As I said on the Cowboy board a couple of weeks ago, Wentz is growing on me and I thought he looked great in the clips I saw of his Pro Day...but there is a lot of risk there. I think he will probably be a good QB. I just think Goff seems like a better pick, but I like what I see of Wentz and he seems like a good kid, so good luck to him.
I'll say this....Wentz or Goff(or Lynch for that matter) would look a lot better if you weren't giving up the better part of two drafts to get them....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this....Wentz or Goff(or Lynch for that matter) would look a lot better if you weren't giving up the better part of two drafts to get them....
Exactly. that was really more the point I was making. I am not trying to kill Wentz. I have no problem at all (like anyone ever asked me!!!) if the Rams take Wentz first overall if it was their pick or they didn't give up too much for it. But this trade basically screams you better be right and I think there is enough risk here to make it a real head scratcher.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. that was really more the point I was making. I am not trying to kill Wentz. I have no problem at all (like anyone ever asked me!!!) if the Rams take Wentz first overall if it was their pick or they didn't give up too much for it. But this trade basically screams you better be right and I think there is enough risk here to make it a real head scratcher.

Kind of interesting rumor that the Rams prefer Goff. That would put Cleveland on Wentz or Ramsey. Would SD take Tunsil after he didn't go #1? That might drop Wentz or Ramsey to Dallas. Hmm......

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams held trade announcement in honor of Kobe

The Rams are moving to Los Angeles, a city of beautiful faces.

To woo aloof L.A. fans, the team needed a face of the franchise at quarterback to sell. Case Keenum was not going to work, no matter how hard coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead spun the narrative.

Not in Tinseltown. Los Angeles is the land of stars. It's the city of Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Wayne Gretzky, Clayton Kershaw, Sandy Koufax, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and Eric Dickerson.

The Rams really planned to move into the most narcissistic city in the country with an undrafted, mediocre talent at the most important position in sports? Case Keenum's face on posters isn't selling promise or tickets in Los Angeles.

Fisher, a Southern California native, understands the pulse of the city. The coach gets it so much that, according to NFL Media columnist Michael Silver, the Rams delayed announcing the blockbuster trade for the No. 1 overall pick until Thursday because they didn't want to upstage Kobe Bryant's final game with the Lakers.

Rw4LP-sP_normal.jpg Michael Silver ‎@MikeSilver
If you're wondering why this trade didn't get announced yesterday... Well, Jeff Fisher felt Wednesday belonged to Kobe. It's an LA thing.

8:17 AM - 14 Apr 2016

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.@MikeSilver on @nflnetwork: "It's not completely out of realm of possibility #Rams call #Browns" if they like both QBs, get pick(s) back