• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans trade overall #1 to LA Rams

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Wentz is a couple inches taller, 30 lbs heavier, a better athlete, a stronger arm, and for all the NDS Comp level, he was a star SR bowl week .He needs a year and a half to two years to learn the game, but hid talent is all you could ask for .

Not only is Goff not the physical specimen Wentz is, he is a system QB who played terrible against the tougher teams on Cal's schedule .Not saying he will never be a starter, but I think he's going to be limited to a west coast scheme to have any success

Wentz seems like the obvious pick to me, too.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think the Rams take Goff at #1. He comes from a pro style offense and IMO, he is the best QB in the draft. The Rams are taking a big chance with this trade, but they need a QB to compete in the tough NFC West.

You kidding? They mortgaged their future just to "compete?" Hell, for what they gave up, they better win a Super Bowl with this guy or it's a complete bust.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The analytics guys seem to really like Goff.

Which is interesting.

I don't think Goff or Cook pass the eye test, but the metrics are rather favorable to both.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't get behind this trade if I'm a Rams fan. This draft class is fairly weak early on (no reason to blow that ammo on a QB which is not even a blue chip prospect) and sacrifice a 1st/3rd next year in a loaded 2017 class. Not to mention you gave up ALL your depth picks in the 2nd and 3rd round. If the Rams get any injuries this year they're just F'd. They had holes to replace and hardly did it in free agency.

Successful teams in the NFL rarely if ever make major trades up. There's a reason those teams look for minor trades or acquisition of trades by moving down and groom talent within.

2nd-4th are IMO the most valuable picks in a draft. Those players are playing the hardest for a big contract, have decent talent (sorry, the 5ths/7ths rarely pan out. For every Richard Sherman/Tom Brady there's tons of nobodies), and cost your team nothing the 3 or so years they are playing. Often enough you can retain the value for fairly cheap on another 3 year contract before they command big bucks 7th year in.

Trading all that away for a QB who prospect wise isn't even that great compared to other former early 1st QB picks is insane.

Grade for Titans: A+ (easy pick here, trade down and acquire a ton for an average draft, grab tons of depth, and get the value picks for next years loaded class).

Grade for Rams: C-. While my above criticizes the Rams, going to for a QB isn't a TERRIBLE move and the Rams definitely need some hype/excitement coming into a new City, but I just can't get majorly behind this. Tempted to go D+, but I'll give them a little benefit of the doubt considering 2016 is a bit weak.

On the flip side, San Diego and Dallas are clear winners of this situation. San Diego can grab Tunsil who is desperately needed for a terrible offensive line and good chance Dallas grabs Jalen Ramsey to shore up a weak secondary.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it is gonna hurt when you have guys like Watson and Kaaya who will both be higher grades than these two IMO.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't get behind this trade if I'm a Rams fan. This draft class is fairly weak early on (no reason to blow that ammo on a QB which is not even a blue chip prospect) and sacrifice a 1st/3rd next year in a loaded 2017 class. Not to mention you gave up ALL your depth picks in the 2nd and 3rd round. If the Rams get any injuries this year they're just F'd. They had holes to replace and hardly did it in free agency.

Successful teams in the NFL rarely if ever make major trades up. There's a reason those teams look for minor trades or acquisition of trades by moving down and groom talent within.

2nd-4th are IMO the most valuable picks in a draft. Those players are playing the hardest for a big contract, have decent talent (sorry, the 5ths/7ths rarely pan out. For every Richard Sherman/Tom Brady there's tons of nobodies), and cost your team nothing the 3 or so years they are playing. Often enough you can retain the value for fairly cheap on another 3 year contract before they command big bucks 7th year in.

Trading all that away for a QB who prospect wise isn't even that great compared to other former early 1st QB picks is insane.

Grade for Titans: A+ (easy pick here, trade down and acquire a ton for an average draft, grab tons of depth, and get the value picks for next years loaded class).

Grade for Rams: C-. While my above criticizes the Rams, going to for a QB isn't a TERRIBLE move and the Rams definitely need some hype/excitement coming into a new City, but I just can't get majorly behind this. Tempted to go D+, but I'll give them a little benefit of the doubt considering 2016 is a bit weak.

Agreed... They lost the fans in St. Louis and if this trade doesn't work, they will lose the fans in LA.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is Goff not the physical specimen Wentz is, he is a system QB who played terrible against the tougher teams on Cal's schedule .Not saying he will never be a starter, but I think he's going to be limited to a west coast scheme to have any success
I'd just like to say that whatever system they have at Cal, it sucks. The notion that he played terrible against the better teams is very misleading. By stats, he had 2 bad games - Oregon and Utah. By film, his Utah game actually isn't that bad. 1 of his 5 INTs was a Hail Mary IIRC and 2 of his Ints should have been caught by his WRs. There is a lot of film of Goff running for his life behind a bad Cal oline and whatever you want to say about Cal, they played a good schedule last year. Won @Texas and @Washington. Killed it in his bowl game.

I think Wentz is better but its 1 and 1a imo.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kidding? They mortgaged their future just to "compete?" Hell, for what they gave up, they better win a Super Bowl with this guy or it's a complete bust.
That is TBD if they mortgaged the future to get the #1 pick. IMO, the trade looks bad at this time, but the Rams need a good QB just to make the playoffs. The Rams don't need to win a Super Bowl to made this trade good or bad. If they can get a good QB that will get them in the playoffs and fill the new stadium, then IMO fans will be happy.

Last edited:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... They lost the fans in St. Louis and if this trade doesn't work, they will lose the fans in LA.
If the Rams don't make the playoffs in the next couple of years, they will lose fans in Los Angeles even if they didn't make this trade. The bottom line is the Rams need a good QB to compete and make the playoffs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rams think they have a fairly sound defense and a big time runner. I see nothing wrong with pulling this trade and adding what they think will be a franchise QB regardless of being in ST Louis or LA. I know winning puts butts in seats. I'm sure the LA area folks will support from the start and be rather understanding for the growth cycle.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is TBD if they mortgaged the future to get the #1 pick. IMO, the trade looks bad at this time, but the Rams need a good QB just to make the playoffs. The Rams don't need to win a Super Bowl to made this trade good. If they can get a good QB that will get them in the playoffs and fill the new stadium, then IMO fans will bevhappy.

You gave up everything until the 101st pick this year and your first and third rounders next year and all you care about is making the playoffs?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The risk:reward ratio is way off in this trade. Landslide win for the Titans.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gave up everything until the 101st pick this year and your first and third rounders next year and all you care about is making the playoffs?
Yep that is what I'm saying. The Rams need to win now, as they are back in Los Angeles and are going to have a new stadium built. Fans are impatient with the Rams not making the playoffs. They want a winner NOW.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The risk:reward ratio is way off in this trade. Landslide win for the Titans.
We'll see if this trade is a landslide win for the Titans. That hasn't been determined yet.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that is what I'm saying. The Rams need to win now, as they are back in Los Angeles and are going to have a new stadium built. Fans are impatient with the Rams not making the playoffs. They want a winner NOW.

Obviously. But the Rams gave up so much that the only possible way to recoup the value is to win a Super Bowl. First you just said "compete in the division" then "playoffs" and now you're saying just win.

You do realize what they gave up, right?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure it is...on paper

It's virtually impossible for this to be an epic fail for the Titans. They already have a franchise QB and had no clear target in mind for the pick. Robinson admitted that.

The Rams could lose their fanbase.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Wentz is a couple inches taller, 30 lbs heavier, a better athlete, a stronger arm, and for all the NDS Comp level, he was a star SR bowl week .He needs a year and a half to two years to learn the game, but hid talent is all you could ask for .

Okay, you've staked your claim and why...good points, but you have some people that feel Goff is the more accurate, pro ready QB.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously. But the Rams gave up so much that the only possible way to recoup the value is to win a Super Bowl. First you just said "compete in the division" then "playoffs" and now you're saying just win.

You do realize what they gave up, right?
Yeah I realize what the Rams gave up in this trade. IMO, the Rams are a good team and only a QB away from making the playoffs. I did say compete and you have to compete and win to make the playoffs. Forget the Super Bowl, only two teams make it every year and they have to make the playoffs first.