• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Put Barry Bonds in the HOF

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Biggio clean?

Surely you jest. Him and his buddy Bagwell (along with others) openly joked about the shit they were doing. They didn't even try to hide it but then you get the elitest assholes who confront you with "prove it." what a joke.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Bonds may have cheated but he did it in an era where it was a part of the game. The guy's amongst the best in baseball history, clean or not, all time leader in home runs.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therefore, the HOF is some sanctimonious place where only the morally superior are admitted even those whose performance everybody agrees were solid long before they are accused are shunned? And now we compare Barry Bonds a baseball layer whose only infringement is being accused of steroids use to a double murderer, OJ? Either we viscerally hate them because they both have the same skin color or we are very limited in our vocabulary when it comes to comparisons.
You gotta be kidding me? Just shut the fuck up already! Miserable fucking lunatic. The point was we don't need Bonds to be found guilty to know he used PEDs and the HOF isn't a court of law. All you do is look for an argument because you are an angry bastard. I don't really have a problem with him making the HOF but if he doesn't, I would understand why.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have a problem with him making the HOF but if he doesn't, I would understand why.
I agree with this 95%.

The 5% disagreement comes from my stronger belief that he belongs vs your simple acceptance that he be in.

While I disagree with the argument to keep him out, I understand it, as long as you are consistent about it. I have no capability of understanding someone who votes yes on Clemens and no on Bonds (or vice-versa).

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today we have 4 more deserving players making it to the hall of fame. Biggio is the one I sort of wonder about. The 3 pitchers obviously did not juice up. Give these pitchers credit for striking out all the roid users. Johnson was so dominating. Martinez was a great pitcher. Smoltz overcame serious arm issues to have a great career and was one of the great post season pitchers ever. Barroid is a dink to put it nicely.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today we have 4 more deserving players making it to the hall of fame. Biggio is the one I sort of wonder about. The 3 pitchers obviously did not juice up. Give these pitchers credit for striking out all the roid users. Johnson was so dominating. Martinez was a great pitcher. Smoltz overcame serious arm issues to have a great career and was one of the great post season pitchers ever. Barroid is a dink to put it nicely.

How do you know that?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this 95%.

The 5% disagreement comes from my stronger belief that he belongs vs your simple acceptance that he be in.

While I disagree with the argument to keep him out, I understand it, as long as you are consistent about it. I have no capability of understanding someone who votes yes on Clemens and no on Bonds (or vice-versa).
That's a good point. Yeah I would like to hear the reasoning why Clemens and not Bonds.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely you jest. Him and his buddy Bagwell (along with others) openly joked about the shit they were doing. They didn't even try to hide it but then you get the elitest assholes who confront you with "prove it." what a joke.

Didn't Bagwell adamantly deny using PEDs along with never testing positive or being associated with any of the big scandals? I mean, as far as I'm aware, there is literally no evidence, no confession, and nothing else connecting him to PED use.

I also see no viable excuse to keep one of baseball's top 50 players all time out of the Hall when there is nothing material (or not material) to say he cheated.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. Yeah I would like to hear the reasoning why Clemens and not Bonds.
We had a ballot thread here within the last couple years and someone had Bonds but not Clemens. His reasoning was that he went down the list alphabetically, and by the time he willed in the holes on his ballot, there were no spots available after Bonds.

That logic blew my mind.

I can only hope that actual voters dont use that kind of logic.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree with the idea that Bonds should be in the Hall. I mean, he posted the second-highest cumulative WAR in history (just 4 behind the leading Ruth, and well ahead of third-placed Mays), and had the third-highest career wRC+ of all time, including perhaps the most impressive peak of any player in history. Take away half his home runs, just turn them into outs, and he's still probably a top-25 all time hitter.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta be kidding me? Just shut the fuck up already! Miserable fucking lunatic. The point was we don't need Bonds to be found guilty to know he used PEDs and the HOF isn't a court of law. All you do is look for an argument because you are an angry bastard. I don't really have a problem with him making the HOF but if he doesn't, I would understand why.

This is a strange rant from you and you are claiming I am an angry bastard? It seems to me that you are very,very angry over something and ironically brand me "an angry bastard." Nothing I have posted here shows I am angry. I thought we are all free to post our opinions here? Why do you want to shut me down? My OP did not claim Bonds did or did not do steroids. I just postulated that the holier than thou pundits and writers of Baseball should allow Bonds in the HOF with an opinion piece from an article in NYT supporting this. Why are you angry? You do know that I do not start insults but if you continue I will come after you with triple insults.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Barry Bonds. Put him in the Hall of Fame. He's in the discussion as the best hitter in the history of baseball. I hate his guts, and I would never deny that to be a fact. Put his ass in the Hall of Fame

The HOF voters are idiots.

Also, while we're here, put Clemens in. Clemens is an asshole. You can be an asshole and still be one of the most dominant pitchers of all time. Put him in.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, put Pete Rose in. LIFE TIME BAN FOR BETTING ON YOUR OWN TEAM TO WIN?! I think DUIs are worse than gambling. Gallardo got a DUI and his punishment was a slap on the wrist. One could argue that a DUI is putting peoples' lives in danger. DUIs hurt people.

Gambling is bad. Gambling deserves a punishment. Life-time ban is unnecessarily harsh. He did the crime, he did the time. Let's move on. Let him into the Hall of Fame. BTW I can't stand Pete Rose, I think he's a weird, slimy creep. I don't like him at all. Put him in the baseball Hall of Fame because he was a really good baseball player.

Hall of Fame is a club for really good baseball players. Not just the really good baseball players who were also members of the church choir group.