• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Change QB

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrey Smith is probably doing back flips right now. I hope that Kap can keep Kerley involved, and yeah, I hope that the threat of the deep pass can make things easier on Hyde, especially since I own Hyde in fantasy football.
Yeah right Karley had to love the idea of Gabbert throwing him the ball a lot. I do think we will see some deep throws to Smith.

I have on my team to. Hyde is putting good numbers up even though teams know we are running with him. Hopefully Kap can open up the running game a little for Hyde.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrey Smith is probably doing back flips right now.

The same Torrey Smith (I believe) that was left completely uncovered last year against the Rams, going hysterical to get Kaepernick's attention, only to have the RB take the ball up the gut...

In the grand scheme of things, it's not like we have guys like Rice and Taylor out there that could make plays if plays can be made to them.....we have at best a #2 receiver and some #3's...and it's not much different than the QB position. It seems that there have been opportunities with Kelly's schemes that guys have been open.

I guess I'll look forward to some of the younger guys developing - if they can - and hopefully a new contract for Kaepernick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to sign the new deal. Everything will be k.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not expecting a playoff bound season. But expect more home game attendance. There's still a lot of Kap fans out there.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On not liking Kap’s fundamentals:

That’s correct, that’s true. That’s not a disputable point, that’s like a mathematical equation, like 2 and 2 is 4. Those things you just mentioned are not good. Now, here’s the kind of offense he's in with Chip — there's not a lot of deep drops, it's a short quick passing game. Ball comes out quick, short throws, some intermediate throws, they take a shot here and there. But in that style of offense the traits you absolutely need are precise accuracy, you need to throw with some pace and touch, because when you're throwing the ball at nine yards you don't throw a 100mph fastball. So those are the traits that he'll need to show to be successful within the context of this offense.

Now, the flip side of that is, do you make some adjustments in your offense to account for the style of your quarterback? Look, everyone talks about Chip Kelly and says, this is what he does. But everybody has a whole gamut of plays in their playbook. It’s just what they choose to call, and what they’re comfortable calling. Because coaches coach and call what they know, but they still have a wide playbook. So now we’ll see if Chip calls the same game, or maybe you see different things.

Man, you'd think Gabbert would thrive in this offense?

Anyway, reading the bolden and thinking of Kaep.......Oh Oh.

Kelly will make adjustments, but that means throwing it more downfield. So there is even more potential for 3 and outs?! We don't have much options, so we'll see how it goes?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On not liking Kap’s fundamentals:

That’s correct, that’s true. That’s not a disputable point, that’s like a mathematical equation, like 2 and 2 is 4. Those things you just mentioned are not good. Now, here’s the kind of offense he's in with Chip — there's not a lot of deep drops, it's a short quick passing game. Ball comes out quick, short throws, some intermediate throws, they take a shot here and there. But in that style of offense the traits you absolutely need are precise accuracy, you need to throw with some pace and touch, because when you're throwing the ball at nine yards you don't throw a 100mph fastball. So those are the traits that he'll need to show to be successful within the context of this offense.

Now, the flip side of that is, do you make some adjustments in your offense to account for the style of your quarterback? Look, everyone talks about Chip Kelly and says, this is what he does. But everybody has a whole gamut of plays in their playbook. It’s just what they choose to call, and what they’re comfortable calling. Because coaches coach and call what they know, but they still have a wide playbook. So now we’ll see if Chip calls the same game, or maybe you see different things.

Man, you'd think Gabbert would thrive in this offense?

Anyway, reading the bolden and thinking of Kaep.......Oh Oh.

Kelly will make adjustments, but that means throwing it more downfield. So there is even more potential for 3 and outs?! We don't have much options, so we'll see how it goes?

I didn't expect Gabbert to thrive but I thought he would play better than he has. The inaccuracy of his short throws surprised me. And what is highlighted above is not really Kap's game. I would think the coaching staff are going to make some adjustments like deeper drops and patterns.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same Torrey Smith (I believe) that was left completely uncovered last year against the Rams, going hysterical to get Kaepernick's attention, only to have the RB take the ball up the gut...

In the grand scheme of things, it's not like we have guys like Rice and Taylor out there that could make plays if plays can be made to them.....we have at best a #2 receiver and some #3's...and it's not much different than the QB position. It seems that there have been opportunities with Kelly's schemes that guys have been open.

I guess I'll look forward to some of the younger guys developing - if they can - and hopefully a new contract for Kaepernick.

He's going to see more targets now, so he'll be happy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% right move. kap looks good for his 1st game against a good D

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with Kap's performance today. Better than Gabbert in my opinion. If Kap can sell jerseys on the bench, pretty sure he can sell tickets starting.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with Kap's performance today. Better than Gabbert in my opinion. If Kap can sell jerseys on the bench, pretty sure he can sell tickets starting.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so happy for the change. offense was fun to watch. Kap had more 20+ yard passes then gabbert had in what 5 games. LOL Offense was flowing and I liked that. Wish D came to play. 10 days to prepare and this is what they do. just bad.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy the real 49ers fan no the truth. We suck but the offense was better. Good stuff. Top 3 pick here we come.