• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Change QB

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Today we can see it is 'bungled', but if we go back in time then it isn't as easy to PROJECT 1-2 years ahead? "back in time" meaning to before Kaep signed this current contract. At that time, we all thought he was still on the upswing and can become our franchise guy. We fans projected he'd excel past Russell Wilson cause i recall Seahawk fans bantering over it. No one is going to admit it now, but that's what tis board thought.

Don't want to exaggerate and why i'm saying he was rising upward. Not saying he was already an established 'franchise' QB.

We have the benefit of hindsight and damn if we don't use it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That new deal supposedly offered to Kaepernick better be a done one, because he's been named the starter against Buffalo.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My expectations are really low

i just want him to have as few errors as possible, especially his first start. Cause this is when he's most anxious to prove himself, and might want to force things downfield.

Don't turn it over, don't take sacks because you held the ball too long, don't take delay of game penalties, don't take negative yards by running out of bounds, etc.

Don't force big stats in either running or passing, just operate the offense as it is designed.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching Kelly's eagles and every other series, there's be a play where WR or TE was wide open--it's a scheme thing--and it happened in San Fran, but our Qb just hasn't gotten them the ball.

With kap at the helm, the Bills should be covering the outside and deep, trying to force Kap to hit throws over the middle and up the seam. Pressure him to see if he is willing/able to hit the quick dump off.

Not expecting Kap to turn the offense around. That's not gonna happen for a year or 2 and it'll be without Kap anyway. Still, we've got to make a change just to make the players happy if nothing else. What we're doing at QB isn't cutting it. Gabbert killed us out there, missing open guys, often by a mile.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that we'll be calling for another Qb change in 5 or 6 weeks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just want him to have as few errors as possible, especially his first start. Cause this is when he's most anxious to prove himself, and might want to force things downfield.

Don't turn it over, don't take sacks because you held the ball too long, don't take delay of game penalties, don't take negative yards by running out of bounds, etc.

Don't force big stats in either running or passing, just operate the offense as it is designed.

I wonder if the coaches might change up the game plan a bit. Gabbert has a quicker release and gets rid of the ball quicker. In theory he was supposed to hit those short passes well too. Kap has a slower release and isn't suited for those quick read and throws. Maybe I see the coaches using deeper drops? The oline must pass block well to because Kap does not process things quickly and takes longer to get rid of the ball.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching Kelly's eagles and every other series, there's be a play where WR or TE was wide open--it's a scheme thing--and it happened in San Fran, but our Qb just hasn't gotten them the ball.

With kap at the helm, the Bills should be covering the outside and deep, trying to force Kap to hit throws over the middle and up the seam. Pressure him to see if he is willing/able to hit the quick dump off.

Not expecting Kap to turn the offense around. That's not gonna happen for a year or 2 and it'll be without Kap anyway. Still, we've got to make a change just to make the players happy if nothing else. What we're doing at QB isn't cutting it. Gabbert killed us out there, missing open guys, often by a mile.

Yes, we've seen the misses on deep balls. Cosell has brought this up also on link I posted here. He has commented on film study where the coaches have drawn up a play that had the intended result but Gabbert just didn't throw the ball to the intended receiver. I am not expecting Kap to turn things around either. With the way the defense is playing now and the running game inconsistent, this team needs a QB who is going to carry this team and that QB does not exist on this roster.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a feeling that we'll be calling for another Qb change in 5 or 6 weeks.

and if it becomes necessary, do it.

we all seem to agree we won't get stellar or at least consistently stellar, QB play. So we fans will most likely be thinking change after 3-4 games.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Flynn is a free agent... :D

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if the coaches might change up the game plan a bit. Gabbert has a quicker release and gets rid of the ball quicker. In theory he was supposed to hit those short passes well too. Kap has a slower release and isn't suited for those quick read and throws. Maybe I see the coaches using deeper drops? The oline must pass block well to because Kap does not process things quickly and takes longer to get rid of the ball.

yeah, in theory Gabbert was supposed to work the short stuff well, keeping drives moving. Oh well.

Up until the last game, the O-line was pass protecting well. If they can go back to it again, Kaep should do better than last year for sure. This 'better' isn't going to lift him up two steps in general, but maybe he can get some stretches of good play?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, pretty much. If Kelly kept rolling Gabbert out there, the whole locker room would rebel against him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today we can see it is 'bungled', but if we go back in time then it isn't as easy to PROJECT 1-2 years ahead? "back in time" meaning to before Kaep signed this current contract. At that time, we all thought he was still on the upswing and can become our franchise guy. We fans projected he'd excel past Russell Wilson cause i recall Seahawk fans bantering over it. No one is going to admit it now, but that's what tis board thought.

Don't want to exaggerate and why i'm saying he was rising upward. Not saying he was already an established 'franchise' QB.

We have the benefit of hindsight and damn if we don't use it.
good post. I won't be afraid to admit it. I thought Kap was on pace to being a Big time star. He had all the tools and he knew how to win. He came crashing down. Wilson kept going forward.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im excited about this weeks game. Haven't been this excited since week 1. Lets see what Kap can't do. If he fails his career is done and we move on to Ponder. Either way we need to find out who our back up can be next year Gabbet or Ponder.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look we are going to see him take sacks throw Ints like Gabbert but he gives you that big play threat. The D can't just stack the box because teams know he can throw the deep ball. gabbert was too easy to read. They dared him to throw deep and like we saw he couldn't. Kap gives you more on Offense. Will it be better or worse well we will find out. Like someone else said Im not expecting anything great but I do expect a little more excitement and maybe open up the run game a little more. Lets just hope he doesn't throw as many Ints as Gabbert and can move the chains a little more.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look we are going to see him take sacks throw Ints like Gabbert but he gives you that big play threat. The D can't just stack the box because teams know he can throw the deep ball. gabbert was too easy to read. They dared him to throw deep and like we saw he couldn't. Kap gives you more on Offense. Will it be better or worse well we will find out. Like someone else said Im not expecting anything great but I do expect a little more excitement and maybe open up the run game a little more. Lets just hope he doesn't throw as many Ints as Gabbert and can move the chains a little more.

Torrey Smith is probably doing back flips right now. I hope that Kap can keep Kerley involved, and yeah, I hope that the threat of the deep pass can make things easier on Hyde, especially since I own Hyde in fantasy football.