• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This season is over, let's prepare for the future

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I really believe Towers when he says we aren't making a real trade (just some minor one). I know GMs usually just BS, but he has looked like he is not lying since he first started saying no trade a few weeks back.

Only thing I'm hoping for now is a benching of Ian Kennedy.

They won't bench him......He may develop some mystery injury and be placed on the DL, but they won't bench him......

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge fan of calling up a young guy and dumping him in the middle of the lineup.....often times they end up putting too much pressure on themselves.....I'm not against calling him up, but not to be expected to immediately jump into the most run-producing spot in the order......

And we have to trade somebody to make room, and I'm not sure who we can trade.....I keep seeing other teams fans bring up Kubel, so that would be great if we can trade him and then call up Davidson.....

If we could find someone to take Kubel, that would be ideal. I don't care for who, just someone that takes him. He won't be back with us next year anyways so it doesn't matter.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't bench him......He may develop some mystery injury and be placed on the DL, but they won't bench him......

They are going to have to bench / trade someone though. Corbin, Miley and Delgado are not leaving the rotation. Skaggs probably gets sent down to the minors, which leaves Ian, Cahill and McCarthy for 2 spots. Of those 3 who would you bench? Cahill and McCarthy have sucked, but Ian has obviously been the worst of the 3.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are only 2.5 games back...:/

Some of us can get a little over-reactionary at times! LOL

We are struggling a bit and it feels like the fucking Dodgers are never gonna lose another game.....

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Goldy is accustom to the 3 spot but why not move him to cleanup and have Prado or Hill hit 3rd? Try it for a few games and if it doesn't change anything then move Goldy back to the 3 hole and try something else. Davidson could also make an impact somewhere in the lineup.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to have to bench / trade someone though. Corbin, Miley and Delgado are not leaving the rotation. Skaggs probably gets sent down to the minors, which leaves Ian, Cahill and McCarthy for 2 spots. Of those 3 who would you bench? Cahill and McCarthy have sucked, but Ian has obviously been the worst of the 3.

I just think they will put him on the DL....obviously the player has to be agreeable with that, but however they do it, they always seem to get the player to go along......maybe they say they will be forced to DFA their ass.....:noidea:

I honestly don't know how we get away with the mystery DL stints as often as they do....

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have guys with track records of being great offensive contributors but it is too late into the season to just wait for them to heat up and carry the team. Prado is on fire right now but how much longer before Montero, Parra and Hill heat up? It might be too late by the time they catch fire.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Goldy is accustom to the 3 spot but why not move him to cleanup and have Prado or Hill hit 3rd? Try it for a few games and if it doesn't change anything then move Goldy back to the 3 hole and try something else. Davidson could also make an impact somewhere in the lineup.

I actually like that, there is no reason not to try it. I like Goldy in the 3 spot but if we can't get protection for Goldy, might as well get protection for Hill or Prado.

I would really like us to have a consistent line up too, instead of this platoon bullshit that Gibby runs.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's trade Cliff Pennington for Troy Tulowitzki, Martin Prado for Miguel Cabrera, Miguel Montero for Buster Posey, Heath Bell for Craig Kimbrel, and AJ Pollock for Mike Trout.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have guys with track records of being great offensive contributors but it is too late into the season to just wait for them to heat up and carry the team. Prado is on fire right now but how much longer before Montero, Parra and Hill heat up? It might be too late by the time they catch fire.

This is true....if they all hit we won't need another bat.....I don't think we've ever had two guys hot at the same time yet this season.....Prado's finally raking, and Goldy has cooled off.....if we can get at least a couple guys hot at the same time, a lot of our scoring woes will correct themselves.....

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like that, there is no reason not to try it. I like Goldy in the 3 spot but if we can't get protection for Goldy, might as well get protection for Hill or Prado.

I would really like us to have a consistent line up too, instead of this platoon bullshit that Gibby runs.

Sadly, Gibby is forced to platoon the outfield as that is how KT constructed the roster....

In theory, a good platoon is the best way to go, but so much inconsistency on playing time and having a different line up everyday and not knowing if you're going to play has to fuck with the players mental preparation.....

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, Gibby is forced to platoon the outfield as that is how KT constructed the roster....

In theory, a good platoon is the best way to go, but so much inconsistency on playing time and having a different line up everyday and not knowing if you're going to play has to fuck with the players mental preparation.....

Keyword right there. Kubel and Ross don't make a good platoon IMO. If they were bringing some sort of positive consistently I would understand. Pollock has been streaky but has had big hits and really good defense.

This is why I don't like Gibby sometimes. He doesn't seem to have the balls to make the big calls, like benching under performing players. It took him over half the year to finally play a player hitting .370+ over a struggling Montero.

They pay managers their "big bucks" to make those calls and I think you need to consistently play your best lineup, no matter who gets benched. Can anyone honestly say Gibby has consistently played our best line up?

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's trade Cliff Pennington for Troy Tulowitzki, Martin Prado for Miguel Cabrera, Miguel Montero for Buster Posey, Heath Bell for Craig Kimbrel, and AJ Pollock for Mike Trout.

I like this, but Didi will have to play short everyday since Tulo will be on the DL.......

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Towers is a fool if he thinks we can keep throwing Kennedy out there to get railed start after start. Still not sure why he got us 5 OFers for 3 spots. Idk why we even got McCarthy in the first place. Our priority either before the deadline or in the offseason is to get another power bat in the lineup. After Goldy I dont think anyone else even has double digit homers. Pathetic especially for Chase Field. Towers is obsessed with average players "who try hard". Basically Towers is a wannabe Billie Bean.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck did he sign Ross to that huge deal? A .262 career hitter gets that kind of money? Terrible decision along with the McCarthy and Kubel signings, to go along with the Cahill trade.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ironic thing is that our worst players this season (Montero, Bell, Kubel, Ross, Kennedy, Putz) are the highest paid guys while our best players (Corbin, Goldy, Didi, Collmenter, Parra, Del Gato) are among the lowest paid on the roster.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pennington had a 4.1 WAR for Oakland in 2010, and has the same WAR as Didi.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many former A's is KT gonna sign and trade for? Cahill, McCarthy, Pennington, Ziegler were all A's at one point.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true....if they all hit we won't need another bat.....I don't think we've ever had two guys hot at the same time yet this season.....Prado's finally raking, and Goldy has cooled off.....if we can get at least a couple guys hot at the same time, a lot of our scoring woes will correct themselves.....

The D-Backs could use a spark plug, the Dodgers were in a similar position earlier in the year before we called up Puig. Going to be impossible for the D-Backs to find a spark plug that powerful but I think any kind of spark could light a fire under them. An extra bat could be just what the doctor ordered.