• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This season is over, let's prepare for the future

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Diamondbacks for a while looked like a solid first place team for most of the year. Then the team's true colors were revealed. It turns out that they were indeed pretenders and frauds.

We have had awful starting pitching aside from Delgado and Corbin, and as of late Miley. The offense relies on Goldschmidt way too much and is pretty awful and very inconsistent. Our bullpen... yeah nothing needs to be said about them. They only guys that have been worth a damn are Ziegler, Harris, and Collmenter. I just say that KT should scrap this season and prepare for the future. We have a surplus of prospects that are ready to contribute and can contribute very soon. We should trade every guy in the bullpen except for the 3 that I mentioned and Reynolds and start over in that department.

Get rid of Aaron Hill, Kubel and Ross and replace them with players who can likely do a much better job. The rotation is a complete mess except for Corbin and Delgado and at times Miley. Get rid of Kennedy ASAP, he hasn't been even average since his fluke 21 win season. McCarthy and Cahill were god awful most of the year and are completely overpaid. However there are some teams who might be willing to give them a shot. I say we permanently bring up Skaggs who has struggled but may I remind that another Diamondbacks pitcher struggled for a bit of the year and is now our best pitcher. I think it might be too early to call up Bradley but he can be brought up next year.

Our rotation for the future can be great with those guys I mentioned and a few others. And the offense has been feast or famine (but mostly famine) all season long. This upcoming road trip will likely bury us further behind the Dodgers and leave us under .500 and done for the season. So I think it's time to give up on this season and prepare for our "bright" future.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers have an equally tough schedule coming up, and luckily they have come back to earth a little bit.....

It's still going to be tough to win the division, but I'm not about to throw in the towel just yet....the winner of the NL West is going to be whoever plays the best in September with so many divisional games.....

Until that last series where the Dodgers were playing ungodly baseball, we have owned their asses the past couple years......

This shit ain't over just because the Padres (as usual) handed us our asses again......

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers have an equally tough schedule coming up, and luckily they have come back to earth a little bit.....

It's still going to be tough to win the division, but I'm not about to throw in the towel just yet....the winner of the NL West is going to be whoever plays the best in September with so many divisional games.....

Until that last series where the Dodgers were playing ungodly baseball, we have owned their asses the past couple years......

This shit ain't over just because the Padres (as usual) handed us our asses again......

Im just gonna take this post as Southside releasing anger...... he'll be back on the wagon.... :D

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ready to give up yet, but we are not a World Series contender even if we do make the playoffs! I am not on board with getting rid of Aaron hill! Coming back from a hand injury can be tricky and he has looked much better as oflate! Unfortunately, we will have to ride this season out! Skaggs and Bradley will not be ready until next season and several pieces in the farm will fill up the bullpen. Davidson will likely be called up at the roster expansion.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can win 5 games on this road trip then maybe we are still in it. But we have so many holes in this team right now.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can win 5 games on this road trip then maybe we are still in it. But we have so many holes in this team right now.

It's a 6 game road trip.....no way in hell are we winning 5 of them.....if you are including the first 2 games back at home against Tampa Bay to getting to the 8 games we have talked about elsewhere, I still think you are nuts if you are expecting 5 wins in order to think we are still in it......

It really only matters how the Dodgers do during the same time period.....I will be very happy with us going 4-4 over the next 8 games.....

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the highlights for a Padre fan, taking a couple of games from the Diamondbacks and sending their fan base into a depression. Bad part, the fucking Dodgers are in first place.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the Osama Bin Laden All Stars beat the Dodgers....

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the highlights for a Padre fan, taking a couple of games from the Diamondbacks and sending their fan base into a depression. Bad part, the fucking Dodgers are in first place.

Well, you gotta take the highlights of being a Padre fan whenever you can......they are few and very far in between.....;)

Now go kick the shit out of the Dodgers the rest of the season, please! :D

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were in depression long before the last series even started.

Yeah this 2nd half has been disgusting. Losing 2 of 3 to the Giants, splitting against the Cubs in 4, then losing 2 of 3 to the Padres. No offense to those teams, but you can't lose to that selection of opponents and expect to be a contending team.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF, COL and SD are all out of it... it's up to us to save the human race and finish in front of the Doyers.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant 5-3 over the next 8. I thought it was an 8 game road trip but I was wrong.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant 5-3 over the next 8. I thought it was an 8 game road trip but I was wrong.

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant....I still would be very happy 4-4 over the next 8.....all tough games.....heck I wouldn't be happy but even 3-5 wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen.....if they are 3-5 and in all those games, then that means they are a team at least worthy of being talked about among the top teams in the league.....